Epic Perfect World

casters nirvy or rep

Offline raykim

Which is better for casters nirvy or rep kind of undecided which way to go?

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Elaborate on the question if possible,

but in general, best answer to this somewhat ambiguous question would be,

rep.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Tali

Nirvana will not be endgame - Dragon and r8 (Rep) are endgame.

For a caster, I highly recommend r8, the set bonus defence levels really help your survivability.

Offline raykim

OK sorry I'd should more clear k I've seen a lot of ppl with mix gear half nirvy half dragon is there any pros to a mix gear set

Tali

OK sorry I'd should more clear k I've seen a lot of ppl with mix gear half nirvy half dragon is there any pros to a mix gear set

Some people mix HA/LA for APS, though it's not the best choice to obtain APS. Otherwise, they may just not have all their dragon gear yet.  :-\

Tali

No problem, enjoy your time in Epic Perfect World.  :-\

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i have a PVE  sin and use Mix gear and IMO its good for BH and farming.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Tali

Yeah, that's kind of what I was leaning towards in my previous posts. Mixing gear is fine for PvE but you won't have the defence or power output of a full LA (or HA, depending on class) to be worth anything in PvP

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit

Mine was mixed briefly while I was experimenting. I did several BHs and farmed TT. Switched back to full LA just a bit ago, went and farmed TT. Frankly, I didn't notice any discernably difference. With the 130 (+/-) points on DEX, I was crit'ing a lot more, thus more damage and better BP, and the bosses seemed to die just about as quickly.

iDistance

Which is better for casters nirvy or rep kind of undecided which way to go?
Nirvana isn't end gear. i preferer you to get Dragon. or R8 gear.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Mine was mixed briefly while I was experimenting. I did several BHs and farmed TT. Switched back to full LA just a bit ago, went and farmed TT. Frankly, I didn't notice any discernably difference. With the 130 (+/-) points on DEX, I was crit'ing a lot more, thus more damage and better BP, and the bosses seemed to die just about as quickly.

tried the same thing and yea the additional dex kinda evens things out . we also get the level bonuses of wearing 5 pcs dragon armor
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Seeing as you mention a comparison between one of the 150 sets and a 145 set I'm assuming you are looking to figure out what to wear endgame. This is a very complicated question, the answer would depend on:

1) Your class.
2) Your build.
3) Your playing style. (Defensive, offensive, mix, etc.)
4) What you will be doing most (instances, pk, TW, events, etc)
5) How much work you're willing to put in.

Possibly also some more things but letting us know the five things above should get you a good answer.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I had a mix as well while I was farming my 140 pieces (mostly because I was ALWAYS short just ONE FC mat) and I didn't even notice a change in my APS, but I sure as heck noticed a difference in my damage when I got all 140 pieces.

Anyways, I would've asked the same question about my wiz, because I eventually want to do PvP with her, but it seems like the consensus for caster classes is r8.  Damn, I actually gotta do math to see how much that's gonna cost. D:

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)