Epic Perfect World

Sin DPH

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
But, regardless that doesn't make THEM right. ...

Well, there's the rub. I hate turning to a cliche, but might, in it's darkest sense, does make right.

If the majority of players feel the server is too difficult for them, they'll leave. If they leave, the server will fail. To some degree, the server's administrator is obligated to dumb it down.

I wish this weren't so.

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
Well, there's the rub. I hate turning to a cliche, but might, in it's darkest sense, does make right.

If the majority of players feel the server is too difficult for them, they'll leave. If they leave, the server will fail. To some degree, the server's administrator is obligated to dumb it down.

I wish this weren't so.

As much as I agree, I disagree.. You can't throw a dog a bone every time it barks. If that's the case, in a matter of months we'll run out of bones to throw, and the dogs will leave anyways.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
damage was reduced significantly

I see an average dragon sin hitting 6k-8ks on an AA on average (wizards are an exception). And that being per hit even. With 4APS that's about 24k damage per second. 2 seconds to live and act sounds like a balanced PvP.

How much was the damage deducted? ATM I do feel the hurt on AA getting hit so hard per hit, psys and venos especially. I feel like better genie gears needs to be released to balance things out honestly. Don't start about wizard spark cause you know when a wizard hits you with it you're about dead already.

@About dumbing it down, everyone has their own ways. The majority of society agrees that if something should be changed, then it should be so, for the benefit of the greater population. I'm not really with or against the sin change, but the admin can't make everyone happy. In the end the benefit of society will always win, as in times like these one man cannot be the sole ruler.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
As much as I agree, I disagree.. You can't throw a dog a bone every time it barks. If that's the case, in a matter of months we'll run out of bones to throw, and the dogs will leave anyways.

That's a good analogy.

You need only review of a very long list of failed PW clones (and defunct MMORPGs generally) to realize it's true.

In a sense, we've done it to ourselves -- and I'm just as much to blame. On PWI I was a faction leader for a year. I did my utmost to educate new players and teach them the game's nuances. I finally got frustrated because many cared nothing about really learning the game; their chief concern lay in power leveling (to what end I never understood). Today, I don't belong to factions, I never squad with others (I multi-client everything). I think there're many like me, who've become impatient, and turned inward. As a result, some players -- the ones who really want to learn -- are the casualties.

Offline BK

• Cool Guy lol
BK      - 147 Archer
Haha      - 140 Wiz
wasabei     - 148 Asassin