Epic Perfect World

Sin DPH

Offline Hammer_Time

• The rise of Charles is coming.
K so now that sins are encouraged to play DPH can we also get 20% chan blessbox?(maybe some Def levs too since sins are already too squishy)

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
No, more channeling isn't gonna help sins kill.
They are animation-capped anyways. Seen them using chan belt (dont judge). Your only best friend is gonna be extra atk level boxes and tangling mire.

On the other note: if you're a sin and haven't start going for gof on daggers then you should now. Otherwise you're F***'D.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Devinate

• Old Member
Sins went from being Demonized and under powered, to demonized and even more under powered.. ._. And melee classes hardly need -chan lol.
Devinate - 150 demon Assassin
seekies - 150 sage Seeker

Offline Jynn

Sins went from being Demonized and under powered, to demonized and even more under powered.. ._. And melee classes hardly need -chan lol.

Lolwut? Sins were underpowered? I wish I lived in your fairytale.

Offline Casanova.

• Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud~
all roll a Casanova,Long live DPH burst sins  :normal-2: :normal-1:

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
please define dph to this noob tyvm.

according to pw, an assassin is:

A strike from the shadows, a dagger in the back, and a silent retreat are trademarks of an Assassin. Such individuals are not brute melee fighters, but masters of finesse. They prefer to rely on agility rather than bulky armor.

agility -->dex --> aps.

so, as sins, we'll have to turn defensive instead of offensive??? if this compromise is being made -- and accepted -- then forget about a balanced server. this is ridiculous.

>:(
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Antihero

Lolwut? Sins were underpowered? I wish I lived in your fairytale.

They were. If not, they were balanced. People complaining about them being overpowered just shows there's a frightening majority of people who don't know how to play.

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
In my opinion, I agree. Sins are a unique class, that have pretty much 2 different play styles. Demon DPS, and Sage DPH. (I know people use different variations, but this is in general). You guys ALREADY made it hard to get to 4.0/5.0, and when we DID get to it, our damage was reduced significantly. Now you're pretty much forcing us to go DPH, which pretty much ***s us over if we wanted to go demon DPS. If you're gonna be doing that, might as well make all magic classes only be able to use Arcane, and give them all DEF lvls instead of -chann. People like to play their classes their own ways, forcing us to play sins a certain way is just wrong.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
In my opinion, I agree. Sins are a unique class, that have pretty much 2 different play styles. Demon DPS, and Sage DPH. (I know people use different variations, but this is in general). You guys ALREADY made it hard to get to 4.0/5.0, and when we DID get to it, our damage was reduced significantly. Now you're pretty much forcing us to go DPH, which pretty much ***s us over if we wanted to go demon DPS. If you're gonna be doing that, might as well make all magic classes only be able to use Arcane, and give them all DEF lvls instead of -chann. People like to play their classes their own ways, forcing us to play sins a certain way is just wrong.

+1

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
I disagree...
When dragon gear was around....
APS was 2.86
All this patch did was expand on old rules......
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline Slash

• Legend
I disagree...
When dragon gear was around....
APS was 2.86
All this patch did was expand on old rules......

Clarify
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Clarify
I do not believe R8 was meant to increase Sin's APS (faulty tinkering on the developers part)...
Why would there be an increase in Att. level as well as APS?
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline Leader

I somewhat agree with happy. Although I think interval was included on r8r gears just for a nice little lucky bonus. I would rather have the damage/defenses.

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit

Dumbing down of games is inevitable; you cannot resist. Many players, if not the majority of them, come into these games with a sense of entitlement, and why not?

In schools, teachers are compelled to dumb down curricula to the lowest common denominator. Parents have been conditioned to praise children for substandard performance. And there are countless examples of lowering expectations for the sake of "self-worth." Indeed, there's an army of authors writing on the subject (Google "lowering educational standards" or "cultural mediocrity.") But much worse, there's a generational acceptance of mediocrity -- grammar on this forum and others is a good case in point; for example, "ur" vice your or you're because writers cannot discern the obvious difference).

The same marginal performers flock to online games, and they've had a marked influence on MMORPG development. Once the province of players interested in working for rewards and attaining some degree of skill, the rise in popularity of this game genre has also beckoned a flood of so-called casual players who've increasingly influenced game design toward simpler, dumbed down content. PWI is a classic case in point -- the real long-time players can remember a time when participants had to work for their perks; reaching level-100 could take many months of serious effort, but no more.

EPW is no different, perhaps it's even worse. Players are handed epic gear as a starting point, and with very little effort they can level up quickly and acquire even better gear. Still, Agatio is under constant pressure to dumb down the process even more. On a more personal level, these forums indicate a large number of lazy players who can't be bothered to learn their respective classes sufficiently, and they are spurred by the cultural tradition of mediocrity, to continually expect Agatio to dumb everything down to their level. When they fail in PvP, it can't possibly be their failure as a player; it must instead be because this or that class is overpowered.

All I'm saying is don't expect this server to buck trends. The whining will continue unabated, mediocrity will prevail, skilled players will depart in disgust, and poor players can have the temporary, if highly misdirected satisfaction of thinking they've become epic.

Offline Slash

• Legend
Dumbing down of games is inevitable; you cannot resist. Many players, if not the majority of them, come into these games with a sense of entitlement, and why not?

In schools, teachers are compelled to dumb down curricula to the lowest common denominator. Parents have been conditioned to praise children for substandard performance. And there are countless examples of lowering expectations for the sake of "self-worth." Indeed, there's an army of authors writing on the subject (Google "lowering educational standards" or "cultural mediocrity.") But much worse, there's a generational acceptance of mediocrity -- grammar on this forum and others is a good case in point; for example, "ur" vice your or you're because writers cannot discern the obvious difference).

The same marginal performers flock to online games, and they've had a marked influence on MMORPG development. Once the province of players interested in working for rewards and attaining some degree of skill, the rise in popularity of this game genre has also beckoned a flood of so-called casual players who've increasingly influenced game design toward simpler, dumbed down content. PWI is a classic case in point -- the real long-time players can remember a time when participants had to work for their perks; reaching level-100 could take many months of serious effort, but no more.

EPW is no different, perhaps it's even worse. Players are handed epic gear as a starting point, and with very little effort they can level up quickly and acquire even better gear. Still, Agatio is under constant pressure to dumb down the process even more. On a more personal level, these forums indicate a large number of lazy players who can't be bothered to learn their respective classes sufficiently, and they are spurred by the cultural tradition of mediocrity, to continually expect Agatio to dumb everything down to their level. When they fail in PvP, it can't possibly be their failure as a player; it must instead be because this or that class is overpowered.

All I'm saying is don't expect this server to buck trends. The whining will continue unabated, mediocrity will prevail, skilled players will depart in disgust, and poor players can have the temporary, if highly misdirected satisfaction of thinking they've become epic.

Honestly, no matter how much I hate the thought, I suppose you're right. But, regardless that doesn't make THEM right. But like you said, the whining will continue regardless. Since we know this, why not just leave sins the way they were; next people are going to complain about full VIT barbs having too much hp, or Psychic's using Soul of Silence, or Veno's purging, or Clerics spamming Ironheart. Point is, taking away from a class who's already been dumbed down, is plain wrong. People need to accept the fact that PK in general really isn't for everyone. Just because someone isn't skilled enough to counter a sin, doesn't make them OP.

If this is the case, then I want Psy's and Wizzy's nerfed for hitting more than 25k constantly, EVEN THOUGH my mag resistance is 1k. I want barbs to be nerfed for having over 90k hp, even though their vit is over 700. I want BM's to be nerfed, because Heaven's Flame is too OP in group fights when used alongside Roar. See the problem? Each class has it's advantages, and it's disadvantages; Just like each class has it's own way of countering other classes. Balance is a system much like Checks and Balances, which PW's classes pretty much already have. I've seen skilled Cleric's go 3v1 in pvp, just like I've seen skilled barb's tank 5v1. Moral of the story, it's just a matter of skill, and just because the majority of players are lacking it, doesn't mean we have to make it easier for them.
Last Edit: Dec 14, 2012, 04:41 am by Slash