Epic Perfect World

PvP ranking

Offline crys13

• Fox in Many Disguises
I agree that the PvP list does more harm than good. It should be removed only because no one truely knows what are legit kills or someone just alt killing. If people are good at PvP, they don't need to brag about kill:death ratios or how many kills they can achieve in a months time, people will know on the battlefield.

Yes, private servers main attraction is normally PvP, but do you really need a list to have fun? I don't think so. PvP should be fun, not about someone who gets off everyday from downgrading people based on the number of kills he/she makes. I admit I do like seeing my kills and my name on a list, but I enjoy PvP because it's fun to see what you and other people can do to each other. After all, it's just a game.  ;)
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2012, 03:43 pm by crys13

Offline SirZig

I think there should be one area for just pvping .An that the only place you can pk in.That way other ppl that just what to play there own way of playing can without getting pk by the pkers.

Offline WEEWEE

I think there should be one area for just pvping .An that the only place you can pk in.That way other ppl that just what to play there own way of playing can without getting pk by the pkers.

That is what blue name is for.

Offline Blacklace

• Support cannibalism = Bite Me!
Personally I am for removing it, I have seen it cause nothing but bother and ego ingame and it's creating a lot of conflict in the community and world chat.  As others have said the ranking is in no way accurate anyway as many are killing alts and low lvls just for the fame of being on there and this is nothing to be proud of.  If it continues as it is currently,  newcomers to the server are going to continue leaving as some are atm.  New players can't get the peace to grind without being hounded by those who are thinking of nothing but their own fun and pk kills instead of leaving lower levels alone to level to enjoy their gameplay on a new server.

If it's is going to be kept then perhaps there should be level limits put on areas used to grind and farm  or even the buff npcs made possible to buff blue names.  Many people are not able to multi and are forced to be white named in order to get buffs.
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2012, 06:19 pm by Blacklace

"I'm right behind teenagers who are tired of being harassed by their dumb parents! Take a stand now! Move out of home, find work and pay your own way - while you're still clever enough and know everything."

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
And sorry about double post, but what happened with what were you trying to do so you could detect alt killing and such, Agatio?
I don't really know how, but IP adress filter is available, there's one on other pw server. Just like the voting script it shouldn't be too hard to establish, so that should solve the problems with an alt killing.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Faeryl

And sorry about double post, but what happened with what were you trying to do so you could detect alt killing and such, Agatio?
I don't really know how, but IP adress filter is available, there's one on other pw server. Just like the voting script it shouldn't be too hard to establish, so that should solve the problems with an alt killing.

Thing is IP address is great, but won't be entirely accurate or fair in regards to people who share same internet provider service. For example we have 3 computers in our house with same IP address and two of those computers have the PW files on them, as myself and husband play. A better alternative would be if Agatio was able to log computer ID’s, as each computer has its own unique ID. Although, in the event the ability to avert alt killing by  monitoring computer ID’s  there is still a whole list of issues, as to why the PK ranking list brings un-needed drama/griefing/cyber bullying  to the gaming community.
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline Elu

Seems most agree for it being removed anyhow, I support the motion as well. Ranking is nothing, and whoever brags about it it's just sad. It might change things, it might not, but removing it is a better chance for things to change than keeping it. It is just an ego and bragging tool for most anyhow.
-Retired-

Offline PandaBear

Aga we know you are very busy so if it causes more delay on the 1.4.4 update just do away with it.. That's what everyone is looking forward to not some silly chart.. :) 

Ps.. Pk isn't cyber bullying... lol

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Aga we know you are very busy so if it causes more delay on the 1.4.4 update just do away with it.. That's what everyone is looking forward to not some silly chart.. :) 

Ps.. Pk isn't cyber bullying... lol

There is a difference between Pvp and Pk.. and yes PK can get to the point of cyber bullying if people keep pking the same person(s) over and over and over again.. that is a form of bulling that no one should have to put up with. People also have the choice of going blue name to avoid Pking but then you get people who will lure tons of bosses or other mobs on them to get them killed, that also is unacceptable.

Offline PandaBear

but then you get people who will lure tons of bosses or other mobs on them to get them killed, that also is unacceptable.

Stop going off topic.... Lets just let agatio make his choice on the list it's his server not ours :D

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member

but then you get people who will lure tons of bosses or other mobs on them to get them killed, that also is unacceptable.

Stop going off topic.... Lets just let agatio make his choice on the list it's his server not ours :D

It's not off Topic.. and Panda.. you need to take a step back and watch who you are talking to.. Your one of the biggest offenders on the server as far as this goes and you also made the comment that "Pk isn't cyber bulling... lol " so please stop   yourself first.  Thanks.

Offline PandaBear

It's not off Topic.. and Panda.. you need to take a step back and watch who you are talking to.. Your one of the biggest offenders on the server as far as this goes and you also made the comment that "Pk isn't cyber bulling... lol " so please stop   yourself first.  Thanks.
Stay on topic.. this only about the PvP Ranking nothing more. There will be no bashing of comments or people.

You just bashed me Lilly. So watch yourself and stop being a hypocrite. Grow up and be professional.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Thanks for feedback everyone.

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member

Stay on topic.. this only about the PvP Ranking nothing more. There will be no bashing of comments or people.

You just bashed me Lilly. So watch yourself and stop being a hypocrite. Grow up and be professional.

I didn't bash you Panda.. it's a Fact this is how you act when things don't go your way you always accuse Gm's of cheating and doing things unjust when you don't win or they don't go your way as you do in the SS that Zapp has of the conversation from the H&S event. You have lured many bosses on people at book events and you've been banned for it as well. This is fact.. not bashing.