Epic Perfect World

More Pdef or bless box for caster class's

Offline omarmob

Assasin's tidel protection protect him from physical SoS or stun of wizy or any movement debuff ur gona do assasin sage tidel is rly op and something should be done about it

Offline Daganoth

I think they should remove the -1 int from sins r8 set cuz 5. Base aps is op

Tali

I think they should remove the -1 int from sins r8 set cuz 5. Base aps is op

I've seen like 3 or 4 3x -int wrists now. I feel as if r8 gear should have 1 main 2 lesser stats like the weapon, with -int being a possibility for a main stat.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
No need for defensive reasons because 4aps and getting hit even just 10k every second with said box will still destroy you.

To me, only the mystic class needs any real smoking amping with their pets being so weak here. Clerics are fine with their mana blessing.

Stupit phone 4S.
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 03:02 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Mystics are probably the strongest magic class in the game, they definitely do not need a boost and for the record veno pets are far squishier than mystic ones while being a lot harder to re-summon.

As far as casters go, sins will always be a pain, they are a class designed to be viable for players with little to no skill and as such decent or better players will be extremely hard to defeat. A good sin will never, ever, lose a 1on1. They may not win but at the very least they can stall for all eternity with their set of immobilising and disabling skills.
OP? Maybe, but that's just about where their usefullness ends. A mass-pk team with a lot of sins will almost always lose against equal numbers simply because sins are quite useless compared to casters and other melee/light classes.
In mass PVP a sin can disable 1 person from fighting effectively, true, but all it takes is an assist from a single caster to take out the sin while they do this. Sins die fast, even with heals.  To effectively kill a decent player it takes 2 or more sins in mass pk making them simply a bad class to have beyond maybe one or two to keep enemy healers busy.

That being said I do think sins need a slight nerf in damage output. In my opinion they should not be able to triplespark and kill an arcane class with aps hits faster than a charm can tick. Charms are supposed to tick the moment their owners HP falls below half and as such a sin being able to kill a caster with hits that are far smaller than 1/2 of their hitpoints without ticking a charm is nothing short of a bug. Beyond this point it's up to the casters to learn their strenghts, weaknesses, genie abilities and viable tactics. A charm tick will buy you the time needed to respond with a defensive ability and from there on all magic classes can survive, if not defeat, most sins.

Oh and if casters collectively feel sins are a bunch of no-skill overpowered bugged-class abusing douchebags then I suggest all casters collectively kick all the sins from all the factions and kill them on sight in pvp. Alternatively learning your class is a good option as well.

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
Mystics are probably the strongest magic class in the game, they definitely do not need a boost and for the record veno pets are far squishier than mystic ones while being a lot harder to re-summon.

I'm not going to get sucked into an argument of venomancers versus mystics. I do contend that venomancers remain highly viable if they adapt to the changing environment. Unlike mystics, venomancers can tailor a stable of pets to suit different circumstances. And veno pets aren't more difficult to re-summon -- I presume you mean after a pet is killed -- venos have 12 pet slots, and there's absolutely nothing preventing them from having multiple hercs, nix's, or whatever pet at their beck and call. A full-HA veno who's equipped a pet with Pierce can be an awesome force against melee classes; likewise, the same veno who's pet is equipped with Pounce and/or Shriek can do well against casters. As a veno, I certainly do wish my pets weren't so squishy, but I'm not going to whine about it -- I'll just adapt and develop other strategies.

Offline KichikuouRance

• http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance
Foolish mongrels, the solution is simple. Make a seeker, they are the strongest.

I'm always erect.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
You obviously know nothing of venos or their pets.

Unlike the mystic pet summon, which is channel based, venos need to use an actual summon pet which takes about 5 seconds. Meaning a venomancer is pretty much always unable to re-summon a pet after it gets 1shot.

Mystics however can summon their pets back so fast that they can actually stunlock a person by switching out their seal & stun pets. 

The only viable pet skills here are pet buffs and a stun, venos need to use a different pet for water, air and land where as mystic pets will happily follow you anywhere and can do buffs, debuffs, stuns, seals, sleeps and damage.
Mystic pets are stronger and more usefull in every conceivable scenario.

(I am not saying veno pets are useless, read before you whine.)

I also must say I find your comment about veno's hilarious, the style you mention is completely ineffective compared to many of the combos veno's can use. You may want to re-read my comment and take it for what it is, a reply to someone stating mystics are weak, which is not the case.

This is completely besides the point though, I never said venos are not viable.

Mystics are, in my opinion, the strongest magic class because of a nearly unblockable insane damage absorb-soul combo. The ability to instantly fill their hp with a single almost-instant heal. Their high defenses due to their buffs. The ability to use their pets to apply a host of effects and debuffs continueing even if they themselves are stunned and their ability to be extremely helpfull in support aside from the abovementioned.

Also before you start insulting people again, this doesn't mean that the other magic classes cant do any or several of these things or that they aren't better at one or more of these aspects. I simply think the mystic is strongest because of the combination of its abilities.

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
You obviously know nothing of venos or their pets.

Dear friend, I fear you are absolutely correct; please forgive my utter presumptiousness. Do have a pleasant day.  :smiley:

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
Dear friend, I fear you are absolutely correct; please forgive my utter presumptiousness. Do have a pleasant day.  :smiley:

:tiger-18: These are the kind of people we were speaking of earlier..  :tiger-9:
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Areashi

• Banned
:tiger-18: These are the kind of people we were speaking of earlier..  :tiger-9:
In all honesty, the only class I see should get some more attack, is archer, no class should get more def.

Offline KichikuouRance

• http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance
no no, archer's have the potential to be devastating on EPW, i already know how one can make an extremely powerful archer....but too many people are idiots on here lol

I'm always erect.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit

Meh! There are more important things in life than getting wrapped around an axel, a la Isadora Duncan. Many people have accused me of ignorance; some days I'm unsure if they aren't correct.  :P

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
We should rename this place the EPW trollgrounds. I like how Solitaira insults others over a reply that is actually on-topic and then proceeds to completely derail the topic with assistance from a mod. Way to go staff.  Not to mention the way trolls have the authority to lock any topic they please by simply typing a few off-topic insulting replies after which a mod will come running to lock w/e it was the troll didn't like.

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
We should rename this place the EPW trollgrounds. I like how Solitaira insults others over a reply that is actually on-topic and then proceeds to completely derail the topic with assistance from a mod. Way to go staff.  Not to mention the way trolls have the authority to lock any topic they please by simply typing a few off-topic insulting replies after which a mod will come running to lock w/e it was the troll didn't like.

Kind sir, I never once insulted you, impugned the veracity of your statement, or called you into question in any way; indeed, I made it quite clear I wanted to avoid any comparison of venomancers and mystics. The upshot of my comment was that venomancers do have options -- as do other classes, the point of which follows this thread very well.

Contrariwise, if you understood I was trolling you -- something I surely didn't intend -- then please accept my humblest apologies.

Please do carry on, and have a remarkable day.  :smiley: