Epic Perfect World

The History of Epic Perfect World

OmegaRa

Thank you for your replies - Staff involvement into my project is essential for this to work. 

I would like 1 more thing as well, I understand that there are several custom events here on Epic. Would you mind listing out the players who came up with the idea (Whether GM or regular player) and the date they were introduced / implemented?

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
gm Ruin? omg?
I added it. I forgot because her forum account was a normally used account a while after, so slipped my mind.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Thank you for your replies - Staff involvement into my project is essential for this to work.

I would like 1 more thing as well, I understand that there are several custom events here on Epic. Would you mind listing out the players who came up with the idea (Whether GM or regular player) and the date they were introduced / implemented?
Caeley = First one to host 1v1 event (to my knowledge)

And the winner of that event?

<---

honourable mentions?
Robbert died to soulburn

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Eh, maybe a more organized one. But was def hosted before that, plenty of GM's before him.
I know I at least did a couple when I first got GM but, got tired of people not listening.

I thought up the Halloween event, was just basic replacement of snowman event though, obviously.
I was basically the only person to do Hide and Seek relatively often(my hints were too hard for people 100% of the time according to WC), also did a Trick or Treat event which was the same concept just with silly treats for Halloween.
Also remember doing a boss event a few times where I just spawned bosses on the entire map and people had to go looking for them. Wasn't very organized tho so lol.

It'd require a lot of digging to find out who made all events and I'm lazy lol
But a lot of the time the event guide was posted by the person who made it.
Not 100% of the time, but still likely.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Eh, maybe a more organized one. But was def hosted before that, plenty of GM's before him.
I know I at least did a couple when I first got GM but, got tired of people not listening.

I thought up the Halloween event, was just basic replacement of snowman event though, obviously.
It'd require a lot of digging to find out all of them and I'm lazy lol

His one was the first one which was carried out as far as I remember.

OmegaRa

I was basically the only person to do Hide and Seek relatively often(my hints were too hard for people 100% of the time according to WC), also did a Trick or Treat event which was the same concept just with silly treats for Halloween.
Also remember doing a boss event a few times where I just spawned bosses on the entire map and people had to go looking for them. Wasn't very organized tho so lol.

It'd require a lot of digging to find out all of them and I'm lazy lol
Thanks for the input, Echo. You have done plenty. I will attempt to work with what you've given me. If you come up with anything else I would deeply appreciate it.

<---

honourable mentions?
Robbert died to soulburn

Thanks for the input. As above stated towards Echo same goes to you. If anything else comes up, I would deeply appreciate it. 

Insanity

eviltouch hosted 1v1 events long before caeley was hired

Angelica

This might help with the past staff.

Offline UnknownS

• OPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Characters: Healios
Hello,

from my exprience, don't do this alone or u will fail...u need more ppl to help u with this....  :-[ :-X :-X

OmegaRa

Hello,

from my exprience, don't do this alone or u will fail...u need more ppl to help u with this....  :-[ :-X :-X
Nah.
I often engage in projects by myself as I consider them challenges. I do, however, need assistance in the form of references in order to properly articulate this body of text.
Thanks for the consideration, though. I appreciate your concern. 

Offline Mitch

• uwu motherfucker
  • I am a poop #echogmabuse
  • Characters: ★Michalynn★Brooklynn★
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Accounts with "Retired Staff" position by registration date. None should have been active since the values were last reset, so should be correct dates.
I believe some never made it past being a trial GM?

Most of the community from 4+ years ago are gone so a lot of info is likely going to be lost. I was here for a lot of stuff and can't even remember all of it, so good luck.[/size]
you forgot Surge yo :C

OmegaRa

BUMP. 
Please help me out people. Would be greatly appreciated! 

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

<---

honourable mentions?
Robbert died to soulburn

You forgot Cier did them too.

Offline SeemsLegit

I don't know how much I can contribute when it comes to GM's and stuff, but I do remember a bit of when EPW was in 1.3.6 about 4 years ago. There were two main factions that did a lot of PK. Just4Fun and Sexy. There were a couple smaller factions back then as well, like the one I was in called "Frost". Not that many people played back than as we have now. There were about maybe 20-25 150's, and you had to grind in OHT for levels, I was able to afk levels by multi-clienting a cleric with BB, a wizard with aoe, and another toon for exp. There wasn't PV for fast levels, and the exp rates were double from what they are now since they've recently reduced it by half.The best gear back then was dragon which was really really good since no one could use it since it took a long time to hit 150. You couldn't run FC without being 140 with 140 gears, and even then it took close to an hour. After the TB patch EPW got a lot more attention and people started flocking to EPW since official was pretty bad with pay2win. When the huge amount of people started coming in, more and more factions started appearing, Just4Fun and Sexy, and Frost all slowly died and new factions popped up. There's way too many to remember all of them however I do remember NexNation, NoHomo, and InMaPantz. Shortly after Xpendables came to light and dominated a lot with 1 squad wiping 2-3 squads since they had amazing synergy.  I shortly after formed the faction "Eternal" and started recruiting people. Eternal itself got pretty big, however it wasn't as big as the other factions at the time. Soon after I believe Rank 8 was released and dragon gears started to fall off-meta. After about 4-5 months I decided to take a break and have been playing off-and-on since, I just recently started playing again within the past 2 weeks, I've kept up with patch notes and everything else even though I didn't play though.
EDIT: If I can remember anything else I'll let you know, hope this helps a little.
Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:44 am by SeemsLegit
Grim - barb
SeemsLegit - bm