Epic Perfect World

Poll

Should God Valley and Warsong have a single mode option?

Yay
Nay
God Valley solo? that's sucicide
Warsong, No God Valley, Yes
Warsong Yes, God Valley, No

Make squad only quests have a single player option

Offline LoCoWoKo

I don't really see the point in this at all.... They already lowered how many people it takes to open an instance. You can open up every instance with 2 people.... Make an alt and open it up for yourself and solo it easy as that. If you too lazy to make an alt then sucks for you. The first thing I did in this game was make one of every single toon able to buff me all on different accounts. Think smart. You cant solo Warsong anyway. How do you expect to defend 5 pavillions with 1 toon to open up the final boss? Not gonna happen. Every1 just trying to make things easier than they already are. If you want Warsong crystals open it with 1 other and solo the bosses it lets you kill. You just wont get the final boss opened up.   

Offline darkstar

• Nemo, my name forevermore
Now my biggest question about making GV soloable is...what do you do for an hour an a half, hell, probably much longer?
It would break the economy, being able to solo GV. A lot of people including myself are perfectly capable of soloing up to 6 of those instances at once, given our computers, just afking at the auras.
Now I do understand that EC is quite low, but when anyone can easily make 50ec just sitting there, the market would flood and EPW would have to find a new source for the endgame gears.
While it's plausible to lower the price of rewards gained, people would still choose to put one character into a 6 man GV to make more money than they would soloing.
As with Warsong, it would just break the lore (does anyone even read the quests?). It's a 5 man minimum because of the 5 elemental pavillions that need to be defended. As with GV, a lot of people stick 5 afk spinners to defend.

Honestly, this is a farming server, in an MMO. You are supposed to feel good about the work you put in, you're supposed to work with others, learn how your class works in a group, not just solo. We don't need to make the game easier than it is already.

not asking them to make the game easier or the dungeon for that matter. I am simply asking for, as I have clearly stated, for a choice. This is not and has never been about the money or rewards. This would in no way effect anyone's game play if they chose to play in a squad.

I don't really see the point in this at all.... They already lowered how many people it takes to open an instance. You can open up every instance with 2 people.... Make an alt and open it up for yourself and solo it easy as that. If you too lazy to make an alt then sucks for you. The first thing I did in this game was make one of every single toon able to buff me all on different accounts. Think smart. You cant solo Warsong anyway. How do you expect to defend 5 pavillions with 1 toon to open up the final boss? Not gonna happen. Every1 just trying to make things easier than they already are. If you want Warsong crystals open it with 1 other and solo the bosses it lets you kill. You just wont get the final boss opened up.   

I'm not saying I'll be able to solo it, but part of the fun, for me at least is jumping in to the middle of the pit and going for it.

tzephira said it best...

This is a valid request, and a good idea!! The ability to choose . Sometimes it's just fun to solo. In fact most of my avatars are built even in PWI by me, for me. Take yourself to the edge!! Go solo, and if you feel like playing nice with others, go for it . >:D

This is what I'm talking about

Tali

not asking them to make the game easier or the dungeon for that matter. I am simply asking for, as I have clearly stated, for a choice. This is not and has never been about the money or rewards. This would in no way effect anyone's game play if they chose to play in a squad.

But it will. If people can solo a GV, the market will flood, and prices will be ***ed.
You can already open GV with 2 people, what more are you asking for, then?

Offline darkstar

But it will. If people can solo a GV, the market will flood, and prices will be ***ed.
You can already open GV with 2 people, what more are you asking for, then?

perhaps I did not make myself clear. I am asking for a choice. Y'know an option to have one or the other if we so desire.  Waiting for one extra person can be just as time consuming and utterly boring as waiting or 6. It's really not a hard concept to grasp, I wonder why you are having such difficulty with it?

maybe I can simplify it more for you...

Party mode []
Single mode []

instead of

"you need x amount of players of a certain level blah blah blah"

Do you understand now, or should I use less syllables?
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012, 11:41 pm by darkstar

Tali

perhaps I did not make myself clear. I am asking for a choice. Y'know an option to have one or the other if we so desire.  Waiting for one extra person can be just as time consuming and utterly boring as waiting or 6. It's really not a hard concept to grasp, I wonder why you are having such difficulty with it?

maybe I can simplify it more for you...

Party mode []
Single mode []

instead off

"you need x amount of players of a certain level blah blah blah"

Do you understand now, or should I use less syllables?

You don't have to be so aggressive.
Someone's already stated that alts work just as well..is it THAT hard to make one more character?

Besides, you do understand that Single and Squad modes on other instances DO implement a change in drops?

If you're honestly this mad about having to actually squad up with ONE person to open GV, then I'm sorry, but this is not the game for you.

Offline darkstar

You don't have to be so aggressive.
Someone's already stated that alts work just as well..is it THAT hard to make one more character?

Besides, you do understand that Single and Squad modes on other instances DO implement a change in drops?

If you're honestly this mad about having to actually squad up with ONE person to open GV, then I'm sorry, but this is not the game for you.

I play this game to get away from life and to catch up with old friends ( all of who are in my guild) But due to hectic personal lives they cannot always be on, so instead of having to wait I thought an option would be nice. and I have 8 chars on 2 accounts, but that is neither here nor there. It still comes down to one simple word - CHOICE. And yes I do understand that the drops will be effected, and I have no desire for any drops, I never have. I just want to be able to say "I got my 3rd fairy on my own with no help" I want that satisfaction.

Tali

I play this game to get away from life and to catch up with old friends ( all of who are in my guild) But due to hectic personal lives they cannot always be on, so instead of having to wait I thought an option would be nice. and I have 8 chars on 2 accounts, but that is neither here nor there. It still comes down to one simple word - CHOICE. And yes I do understand that the drops will be effected, and I have no desire for any drops, I never have. I just want to be able to say "I got my 3rd fairy on my own with no help" I want that satisfaction.

But this is an MMO. You're here to play with other people. If they catered to all the people who wanted to solo, it would be a single player offline RPG.  :-[

Offline darkstar

But this is an MMO. You're here to play with other people. If they catered to all the people who wanted to solo, it would be a single player offline RPG.  :-[

it has come clear to me that I have hit a brick wall, as usual. I didn't realize I was asking for the World

Tali

it has come clear to me that I have hit a brick wall, as usual. I didn't realize I was asking for the World

You just aren't looking at the effects, only "I want to farm my third fairy myself". Sure, it will benefit you, but how would giving these "choices" affect the rest of us?

If you open solo GV, you HAVE to change it. You have to dumb it down, make it easier, nobody can just solo it how it is now, it'd be pointless.
But if they did make it easier? There goes the EC market.
If they nerf the rewards? Everyone would opt for squad mode, making the change a waste of time for the GMs.

You need to think of the economy of the game, it's a small server, a change like this would kill it.
People DO farm GV for more than just third fairy.

Tali

That's amazing, now I feel a fool for typing everything that could have been summed up in that image macro.

Btw, I apologize for my signature's drug references. I feel cliché now.

Offline darkstar

You just aren't looking at the effects, only "I want to farm my third fairy myself". Sure, it will benefit you, but how would giving these "choices" affect the rest of us?

If you open solo GV, you HAVE to change it. You have to dumb it down, make it easier, nobody can just solo it how it is now, it'd be pointless.
But if they did make it easier? There goes the EC market.
If they nerf the rewards? Everyone would opt for squad mode, making the change a waste of time for the GMs.

You need to think of the economy of the game, it's a small server, a change like this would kill it.
People DO farm GV for more than just third fairy.

Why does everything always have to come down to money? As I have said before I don't want them to dumb it down or make it easier. I want to wear my fingers bloody (figuratively speaking of cause) while spamming my heals while at the same time barely surviving by the skin of my teeth. I like a challenge.

Offline darkstar

That's amazing, now I feel a fool for typing everything that could have been summed up in that image macro.

Btw, I apologize for my signature's drug references. I feel cliché now.

Cute pup :)

Tali

Why does everything always have to come down to money? As I have said before I don't want them to dumb it down or make it easier. I want to wear my fingers bloody (figuratively speaking of cause) while spamming my heals while at the same time barely surviving by the skin of my teeth. I like a challenge.

Well, I'll put it like this. GV is my main source of income. I farm at least 3 r8 rerolls (300ish ec) a day. That's 3 GVs, as I try to keep 2 characters per 1 GV. So yes, a change to GV would hurt me and many others.
You would never be able to solo GV as it is now, wave 3 and wave 9 would kill you with the mass amount of stuns/sleep.
What it all boils down to, is that there's no reason for GMs to waste their effort changing the mechanics like that. It would be useless, GV is just simply not meant to be soloed. So that means to make the change worthwhile, the GMs would have to nerf GV, and nerf the reward.  :-[

If you don't believe me, I would personally open GV for you to try to solo.

Offline darkstar

Well, I'll put it like this. GV is my main source of income. I farm at least 3 r8 rerolls (300ish ec) a day. That's 3 GVs, as I try to keep 2 characters per 1 GV. So yes, a change to GV would hurt me and many others.
You would never be able to solo GV as it is now, wave 3 and wave 9 would kill you with the mass amount of stuns/sleep.
What it all boils down to, is that there's no reason for GMs to waste their effort changing the mechanics like that. It would be useless, GV is just simply not meant to be soloed. So that means to make the change worthwhile, the GMs would have to nerf GV, and nerf the reward.  :-[

If you don't believe me, I would personally open GV for you to try to solo.

I believe you, they wouldn't call it "God Valley" if it was easy. I've always been able to know when I'm beat. I've got my 2nd fairy and I'm happy with that. Heck, it's a lot further than I thought I'd get, didn't even make it past 89 with no fairy on PWI (thanks to my faction disbanding and moving to LMS when it came to helping me get my culti done) and Rebirth I got all the way to 150 but only first fairy. So coming this far is a really big accomplishment for me, woohoo, go me, yay :)