Epic Perfect World

Sins

Offline Ish

Im personally ok with sins, the only real problem is tidal protection.
I just wish it never existed.
Im not saying it is impossible to run around like an idiot for 60 seconds till tidal protection effect runs off it just doesnt seem to make much sense for me.
Not to mention that You probably wont be able to kill sin within 30 seconds. Badge of courage, anti stun etc etc.
Agatio could always create pills that grants 100% immunity to stuns & seals for 60 second with 90 second cooldown restricted to BM class, haha.
I find Sins quite OP at the moment and i cannot lie
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012, 01:56 pm by Ish

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Skilled Sin can kill any class, but not any player.

(Same goes for skilled BM, skilled Barb, skilled Psy...)

Actually, rumors more present BM than Sin as the one
full of stuns.

Sin is more oriented to 1v1 than to multiplayer PvP.
To gank good BM or Barb is harder than good Sin.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Stella

• Lovin u is Red
I totally agree, these sins are to OP and they need to be RE Nurfed if they haven't been already, because they hurt like hell TBH, aint cool when u got high def and u get dropped????

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Oh no, sins are easily countered here, cause they're so predictable
silence paralyze 3spark stun skillz lololololol

What actually makes them truly OP everywhere, is Focused Mind and, what Ish said, Tidal Protection.

And don't start sh** balance nazis, not all classes on a Chinese f2p game will be balanced IMO.

While I agree that sins do need some defense, this is a horrible way to give them protection. Makes all other defensive skills overshadowed tbh.

Focused Mind is, while only 25% (more for sages, which is now over 89% of the server) chance to evade damage, the fact that it could potentially evade ANY damage makes it op.

Tidal Protection is just really bs really, over 50% to evade effects. Some effect reliant classes (like BM stuns) are doomed.

Now, here's the big twist about it.

A lucky sin CAN or WILL evade any damage or effect, if they're lucky.
A wizard spark can be easily overwhelmed by tidal protection, or if hit, a lucky sin using focused mind.
A barb Armageddon means nothing (and its br critzerks) if it only hits for 1 damage.

Tanking is also another thing, a sin may be lucky and purge from 1 hit and kill you, it's not easy to tank or kite a class that has 123456789 staple skills, unless maybe you're an archer. Not all class can tank 4aps, 16k hits every second. Ego-barbs or bms, please gtfo.

The way this is going, they should just give sins a god mode button, it's just a translation of focused mind/tidal protection anyways.

These 2 skills needs to be looked at. MAKE GOLD 200MILL EA AND TIDAL/FOCUS 100% EVADE ALREADY WANMEI. MAKE UR GAME A SINZ FARM SLAVERY OR PAY UP GAME!!!!!1

(While I know this and other 5 million logical posts will not do any difference, I just thought it would be fun to clear up stuff and topple stupid balance nazis).

Luck-biased games are bs and stupid really, but I can't expect much from a Chinese f2p game I guess.
I like it sometimes though, when my psy 3 sparks and oneshots crit aoe 5,99999999999 people HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 02:25 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Daichi_

Tbh, make tidal/focused mind last less time, and sins will be more on the level of other classes, atm, they're op, and the only ones who deny this: sins . People who play sins get butt hurt and rage for some reason when anyone mentions the FACT that sins ARE op. I think it's pretty funny tbh, arrogant people w/ biased opinions, lol. I played a 4.0 sin base, and destroyed 3 people and stealthed away , being a crappy sin, ? Cmon now . I shouldn't be able to do that with just a 2 spark.

Antihero

Oh you think assassins are OP? I'm sorry you don't know how to play. They may deal out a lot of damage, but that's counterbalanced by their weak defense. Assassins may win 1v1 the majority of the time, but this game isn't about 1v1 and you guys need to realize that.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Oh you think assassins are OP? I'm sorry you don't know how to play. They may deal out a lot of damage, but that's counterbalanced by their weak defense. Assassins may win 1v1 the majority of the time, but this game isn't about 1v1 and you guys need to realize that.

Yes, you're right! This game is about ganking.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
At least some of the problem exists on a higher plain altogether. There is a pervasive mindset on many MMORPGs that you cannot possibly be a competent player unless you're successful at PvP.

I'm not among those who buy into this line of crapola. Being good at PvP means nothing more than a given player is good a PvP. In PW, even on this server, there are numerous other activities at which players can excel; for instance, they can be very good faction officers without ever doing PvP; they might excel at PvE or understand and execute their respective squad functions exceedingly well; or they might achieve great success in accumulating in-game wealth. I played WoW for many years, never did a single raid, but was considered a highly effective player because I absolutely dominated segments of the auction house and attained fantastic wealth. That was my chosen goal and I was utterly content at having reached it.

I'll go a step further and really p!ss a lot of people off. I've been in factions with big-time PvP'ers who were officers -- and for the most part they were horrible, selfish-minded individuals who destroyed their factions. I've been in plenty of squad runs with PvP'ers who hadn't a clue about their role in a squad. And I've known any number of committed PvP'ers who didn't have two gold coins to rub together unless they constantly poured real-life money into the game. In my experience, most self-professed hardcore PvP'ers are, at best, only mediocre at most game components outside of PvP. I'll doubtless receive much flack for that statement, but it's one I won't withdraw.

Admittedly, PvP is terribly important for many players -- especially those who've bought into the notion that you aren't good if you don't dominate in PvP, and the wankers whose egos are so diminished that PvP (read: ganking others) is a manifest necessity.

But PvP is not an end all for everyone and this incessant argument about OP classes is utterly irrelevant; in fact, it's just plain silly. Grow a pair, quit whining, and get on with the game.
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 03:49 am by Solitaira

Offline Therras

• Papi.
Tbh, make tidal/focused mind last less time, and sins will be more on the level of other classes, atm, they're op, and the only ones who deny this: sins . People who play sins get butt hurt and rage for some reason when anyone mentions the FACT that sins ARE op. I think it's pretty funny tbh, arrogant people w/ biased opinions, lol. I played a 4.0 sin base, and destroyed 3 people and stealthed away , being a crappy sin, ? Cmon now . I shouldn't be able to do that with just a 2 spark.
Man why you talk about sins being Op when you are a psychic ....

Offline Therras

• Papi.
So, In my opinion, sins are op. Before you QQ and rage hard, think about it with an unbiased opinion. A sin can be 4.0 BASE with r8. They get the r8 bonus, the defense, the interval, and they have a tidal that makes them un-lockable, for 60 seconds, with a 90 second cool down, giving a 30 second window to kill them, because in all honesty, they're too hard to kill in tidal without dying. Sins have more control than bm's , blademasters should have more control than them,  with a tidal, a stun, a tele stun, a sleep, a seal, chi regen like crazy, tidal, mad aps. ? If you say sin isn't op, that's because your a sin that's too butt hurt to admit it. Some sins are 5.0 base with high defense, (lol)? This servers balanced, psy got nerfed alot, as well as other classes, but sins still have that mad aps and high defense? Anyways, leave your responses and no raging please  ;)
Sins got nerfed as well. sage headhunt was used to last 7 secs (not to mention demon that last 8 secs), now, headhunt last 5 secs x 4.0 attack speed?? Imagine if headhunt lasted 7 seconds, we should talk about psychics with purify weapon instead, tanking 6-8ppl at the same time. Can a Sin do that?, whos OP then?
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 05:39 am by Jolhans

Offline Therras

• Papi.

Then the person you were facing was crappy too. and I know they're self buffs doi.. but thats the point. more pdef than a sin. you said high defenses yet a mage has more. LOL
+1, Indeed, A mage has more phy defense than sins

Offline Therras

• Papi.
It's just pointless, there are people who have been complaining about this since 1.4 started, and nothing has ever been done except class locking bow's which isn't even a sin only nerf.

Hmm. Where? You can still be 5.0 base, it's hell even easier than in pwi because chance for one interval on wrist is somewhere around 1 - (1 - 0.0889) ^ 3 = ~24% ; chance for two intervals is 1 - (1 - 0.0889^2) ^ 3/2 = ~1,19% ; and chance for three intervals 0.0889 ^ 3 = ~0,07% which is not bad at all. I know two sins that already have 5.0 base so it's kind of OP. On the other side, BM's had intervals removed from their chest while sins had theirs removed from boots and compensated (wrists) while BM's didn't. However, sins on this server are mostly players who failed on their other toons on this or other server and started playing assassin because it's so ***ing easy to play it and yet I see them qqing about nerves that have been done but there haven't really been any. You can have a freaking God of frenzy stacked with another stone which is not available in any other server, if you have been debuffed you can use the purify daggers with full damage and since your aps is high the purify is just a matter of seconds. You can literally do anything and if you're about to die, you have 2 escape skills to choose from, etc.

Another thing, most sins I see on this server are stupid. I see sins with 3 x atk level on daggers which is completely useless since GoF is worth 40 attack levels, I see sins that aren't even using their CC skills or if they are, they use all at the same time. Yet, I get killed by those sins because I can't stun them due to tidal and infinite chi they have with low cooldown of CC skills.

But, as I said, nothing will be done no matter how much people complain here. Most of the funds for the server is coming from rank 8 sins that are trying to get 3 x interval on wrists or Perfect DPH set and other OP classes that need good stats on rank 8 sets.
-points to my headhunt reply- 2 more seconds is (for my sin) 10 hits, if you think playing sin is easy, make one and try to kill a r8 wizard / Veno, i will quit if you win, also using +25 attack lvls daggers is not stupid, thinking that is, is. GoF wont always work, on a psy with White Voodoo on, i can do 10 k with attack lvl  daggers (DPH ofc), with Gof, around 17k crit, the thing is, gof daggers wont always zerk. I would rather to continuously hit around 8-10k than hoping for a zerk.
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 05:49 am by Jolhans

Offline Solitaira

• Stercus accidit
[removed because it might be taken as inflammatory, rather than for the humor it was intended]
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 05:58 am by Solitaira

Tali

if you think playing sin is easy, make one and try to kill a r8 wizard / Veno,
+100

It's true, though. If a veno pops a bramble and you ARE 5aps, you'll probably be dead before you get the chance to move.

Being fast has its downside  :-[

Offline RaveGirl

• Hate me?! Get in line with the other bitches! :D
LOL this post is still going on... hahaha good. needed a good laugh. people just need to get over it. if you can't roll a sin then you can't roll a sin. any class is easy to overcome if you are skilled at the class you play. no matter what self buffs they have or outside buffs. be good at what you do and you'll pwn 9 out of 10 times. simple as that. I, for one, can't do crap against against a kitty barb. humanoid barb, not usually a problem. but kitty barb, i can't even kill them with pots spark mire and poison. not at all. i can get close but i can't for some reason. that's how awesome i fail lol but yea. doesn't matter what skills you have as long as you know how to use them you can roll just about anyone. gtfo
RaveGirl - 150 Demon Sin
Margarita - 150 Demon Wiz
DontTouch - 150 Demon Mystic
PurpleTide - 150 Demon Psychic
NurseLyn - 148 Sage Cleric
RavePulse - 145 Sage Sin
HaHaDead - 145 Demon Archer
Asthenia - 145 Sage Seeker
Niamh - 145 Sage Barb