Epic Perfect World

Idea's to save the economy

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
-1 cuz suggested by someone who has no education in economics lmafe
And this server is obviously following basic rules of Economics is it?

Pinoy Prices (P2) are above the equilibrium (P*) and yet their isn't an excess supply in this server because people have the EC to pay for things and know that this server won't last for very longer tbh; so they splash the cash and maintain a the higher price of P2. Fastest and most effective solution would be to completely eradicate all EC currently on the server and convert it into a new primary currency - thus depreciating the value. Obviously no-one wants that to happen though...

kitty stew

This. Make it completely impossible to bot-farm any sort of currency in mass. Meaning : Completely remove EC as a reward from PE. Completely remove EC gain from mobs on main-map (Shrine)
With the surge of russians and burdettes lately, botting has been an issue for a while now, but I don't think that's the major issue here.

if your theory is that there is less EC in the server economy..

the price of EC has risen due to LESS EC being fluctuated in the economy.

.. how is reducing ec farming methods going to help?

either your idea is dumb or your theory is, pick one

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran

if your theory is that there is less EC in the server economy..

.. how is reducing ec farming methods going to help?

either your idea is dumb or your theory is, pick one
Less EC being fluctuated isn't the same as there being less EC. Basically a lot of people have a shit tonne of EC in their banks that they've saved up and continue to save up, and now the prices have risen they're still willing to pay the higher price so it isn't going to fall back down automatically as demand hasn't dropped.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
There's too much currency and too few sellers of the items so prices hyper inflated. Remove EC methods, buff ST methods and fix ornament prices to x amount and you'll see everything slowly crash in value. 
:police:

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

kitty stew

i cracked my egg
so how is reducing ec farming methods going to help people who cant afford them?

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Derpity derp, I don't have more than 2 brain cells so could you explain this for me? How is reducing ec farming methods going to help people who cant afford them?
Make it so people can't get banks with ridiculous amounts of EC meaning that they can afford the overpriced prices.

If you don't understand, don't ***ing comment thx

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
so how is reducing ec farming methods going to help people who cant afford them?
With the current economy, there is too much EC. Simple as that. Realistically, re-vamping EC methods and the currency itself would be the better fix as it makes the botted EC worthless. When some people have several million EC, it has no value. 
Yes, new players might struggle if all we do is remove methods, hence a new currency would be beneficial, if gaining methods are restricted and re-vamped, so everyone is earning less. Less EC = More Value. More ST = more engraves = more engraved ornaments = lower prices. 
Fixing ornament prices to X amount allows new players to farm to those items, with new methods, or causes people to sell just under that value (such as dama ore), in which case they can realistically work towards it. 
P.S. In future maybe we could perma ban people botting the ec or trials for millions of EC so we don't get these issues in the first place. 

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran

kitty stew

Make it so people can't get banks with ridiculous amounts of EC meaning that they can afford the overpriced prices. If you don't understand, don't ***ing comment thx
the people who are already rich are already rich, and as your retardism implies, they hoard their ec.. so the suggestion is what, delete their ec? ***ing lol

and you still failed to answer the question, how would reducing ec farming methods help people who can't afford these?

and try not to be so mad next response

With the current economy, there is too much EC. Simple as that. Realistically, re-vamping EC methods and the currency itself would be the better fix as it makes the botted EC worthless. When some people have several million EC, it has no value. Yes, new players might struggle if all we do is remove methods, hence a new currency would be beneficial, if gaining methods are restricted and re-vamped, so everyone is earning less. Less EC = More Value. More ST = more engraves = more engraved ornaments = lower prices. Fixing ornament prices to X amount allows new players to farm to those items, with new methods, or causes people to sell just under that value (such as dama ore), in which case they can realistically work towards it. P.S. In future maybe we could perma ban people botting the ec or trials for millions of EC so we don't get these issues in the first place.

while Agatio revamped the r8r system, which was only a minor change in the end, it's doubtful he would blow up the system of server currency, far too drastic of a change with very little guarantee of success

there are other more logical ways of approaching a problem than selling the farm.. and how would you get ec out of the hands of rich people?

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
Too few sellers? I see plenty in WC.
Allow me to correct that statement, too few sellers at reasonable rates*
And for rare engraves, there are too few sellers compared to buyers. Anyone want to come sell me 4 Def neck,belt and ring?

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Allow me to correct that statement, too few sellers at reasonable rates*
And for rare engraves, there are too few sellers compared to buyers. Anyone want to come sell me 4 Def neck,belt and ring?
Ah okay, yep I agree

kitty stew

Allow me to correct that statement, too few sellers at reasonable rates* And for rare engraves, there are too few sellers compared to buyers. Anyone want to come sell me 4 Def neck,belt and ring?
what's the rationale that everyone should have 4 atk and 4 def ornas?

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
what's the rationale that everyone should have 4 atk and 4 def ornas?
Not saying everyone should have them; it was to clarify the point that people who have these engraves don't want to sell them, and if they do they charge way too much because the currency has lost its value. 

Offline oke

best solution would be:

make a custom npc that sells necklaces belts and for a fixed price for example:

puzzle necklace 4500 ec 
dragonschild 5000 ec
warsong 7500 ec

and THE BEST SOLUTION to solve the problem with newbies(me) getting ecs/geared would be to MAKE NIGHTSCREAM ISLAND A SAFE ZONE and the crystals droping 2 ecs each

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
and THE BEST SOLUTION to solve the problem with newbies(me) getting ecs/geared would be to MAKE NIGHTSCREAM ISLAND A SAFE ZONE and the crystals droping 2 ecs each
nope, would become farm-bot infested