Epic Perfect World

Ares - Suggestion for chain afk farmers and trolls resetting hp

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Do the event on the ground instead of a platform.

Doesn't even need to be a new instance, just direct the teleport to bring the players down to the "blood" pool below instead, and have Ares spawn there as well.

2 of the 3 problems solved just like that. If this go forward, not that it affects me (actually, it does and negatively, since I get more rolls with the current PE than the previous Dama's), but maybe also reverting the Dama's to PE in the reward given.

I don't think i'd be the one to know if that last suggestion would be right or not, but with the first one I fail to see how that would have any issues as opposed to fixing the problems with Ares that aren't related to SoG.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Bad idea simply because people are so used to how ares currently functions.

Offline Jake - Peng

• British Geezer
  • How many E's can you fit in your belly? #SESHLIFE
  • Characters: Jake, Magnum
  • Faction: 420
So since its so annoying with all the afkers in Ares, and it takes so LONG to kill it further in day.

To stop Afkers you could do set a quest where they have todo so much damage  to complete quest to get reward

+1/-1

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Do the event on the ground instead of a platform.

Doesn't even need to be a new instance, just direct the teleport to bring the players down to the "blood" pool below instead, and have Ares spawn there as well.

2 of the 3 problems solved just like that. If this go forward, not that it affects me (actually, it does and negatively, since I get more rolls with the current PE than the previous Dama's), but maybe also reverting the Dama's to PE in the reward given.

I don't think i'd be the one to know if that last suggestion would be right or not, but with the first one I fail to see how that would have any issues as opposed to fixing the problems with Ares that aren't related to SoG.
There's still one part of the floor that alts can climb up on. I've done it myself for a buff wh0re alt while farming Belial.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Bad idea simply because people are so used to how ares currently functions.
"The country's in shambles. What shall we do?"
"Leave it, people are used to how things currently function. It's better this way."

You teleport in, kill the boss, talk to the NPC and go out. This isn't some PWI Primal World instance.

There's still one part of the floor that alts can climb up on. I've done it myself for a buff wh0re alt while farming Belial.
How hard is it to climb then? If there's significant change between chains and the part you found, it might still be worth doing. If not, there's always other instance maps you could adapt to it.
Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:21 pm by Danidv

Offline ✿●◦𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓏𝒶◦●✿

• Hσиєуѕυcкlє ѕρєll
  • ѕωєєт νισlєтѕ for you if you stay тяυє
I would say the real people making it take so long are the ones who SOG the boss.

Good idea...aimed at the wrong people.

Offline Jake - Peng

• British Geezer
I would say the real people making it take so long are the ones who SOG the boss.

Good idea...aimed at the wrong people.
it still takes times, they people sogging the boss will have todo damage also sooo

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
i can tell from the fact that you consider Panda to be the best song of 2016 that you have no idea what you're talking about
i feel like i'm dead

Offline Jake - Peng

• British Geezer
i can tell from the fact that you consider Panda to be the best song of 2016 that you have no idea what you're talking about
clearly

Offline Name

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
  • Characters: Characters
  • Faction: Faction
Who cares if people afk on chains? GM can just add giant invisible walls on all the chains bam stops the chain climbing? lol "Zmog but they push past it."

Put rows of doors? I mean come on.

kitty stew

no wonder agatio ignores these forums

people trying to equate the most minor thing (soging ares/people afking) to something game breaking.. or better yet, an actual rl issue of national strife LOL

silly kids

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
"The country's in shambles. What shall we do?"
"Leave it, people are used to how things currently function. It's better this way."

You teleport in, kill the boss, talk to the NPC and go out. This isn't some PWI Primal World instance.
How hard is it to climb then? If there's significant change between chains and the part you found, it might still be worth doing. If not, there's always other instance maps you could adapt to it.
Tbh, Alts should be left alone. Even if something was done about alts, people would just gear switch just enough to survive Ares' hits and still afk in there.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
no wonder agatio ignores these forums people trying to equate the most minor thing (soging ares/people afking) to something game breaking.. or better yet, an actual rl issue of national strife LOL silly kids

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
no wonder agatio ignores these forums

people trying to equate the most minor thing (soging ares/people afking) to something game breaking.. or better yet, an actual rl issue of national strife LOL

silly kids
I'm sure nerf threads are much better. Also, your sig is basically you complaining about another player in regards to alts farming trials, so aren't you doing just the same?
And no, i'm not complaining about people afking nor Ares SoG (it adds on at best another 5 minutes, i'm one of the few who doesn't mind it in the least), i'm giving a suggestion to fix an issue which will dramatically affect the economy. Why do you think the prices on cube, DS and Ws belts are so messed up? Take away the thousands of WWI and cogs that are farmed with those dozens of alts per farmer and you'll see a dramatic change.

Lilly_Satou

Tele NPC could also be abused w/ alts, get the boss VERY low (<1%) then quickly have your NPC's get porting into the event area. (And no, Aga, THAT one can't be fixed with current engine.)