Epic Perfect World

Could enemy terrain types be modded?

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
i've been wondering, cause i've seen it done on another server so i know its possible (Nightspike Bloodguard was in a modded instance on the land). But if you could do things like make flying mobs swim, and make swimming mobs walk, and land fly, etc; What would be the limitations (if any) or problems of doing something like that? Like for example making some boss, say.... chienten fly inside an instance, even if it' is in an instance that would otherwise not have flying enemies or a flying boss? Kinda pointless question, but i'm just curious is all.

I'd just like to know how easy or difficult it would be to do that, and how difficult it would be to do something like that with a boss that already has a similar movement to a flying boss unlike a land-based boss that otherwise can only move 360* at one point, as opposed to having free movement in all directions (water mobs and flying mobs have the same mobility i believe, so it should either be easier, or just as easy as making land bosses move like that.) Just a question  :)
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Tali

I don't have much experience with the XYZ axis here, but I feel like it might lead to a lot of glitchiness/clipping, and might just be too much work for a feature like that  :sad:. However if other servers are doing it, who knows, it sounds pretty neat tbh.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
well, anyways, the reason i ask is cause there are a few cool bosses in the water that people rarely ever see because they are quest related and so he have no reason to fight them. I've noticed some huge gaps where there are no enemies at all, particularly the forbidden sea. However, there are some places that have amazing scenery underground, and i think they may be a good place for some world bosses. But (and i know this is weird but it would at very least be amusing) i also have an idea for an "EC shark" event. It would take place in three areas, there would be aquatic sharks in the forbidden sea (I'll explain why i think this would be a good area in a bit), landsharks in Sundown Highland (again will explain  :3), and flying sharks around Volcanic purgatory. It will be like a Derps event, only it will have a few changes to it to make it a little more of a "regular use" event than a "once in a while gold mine" event. Mobs will be a little easier to kill, but will drop roughly 1/4th-1/5th of what the derps drop. They also wont agro if you attack a nearby mob, AND they will not only be spaced out to make it hard to pull massive amounts of them (plus there will be ALOT less of them anyways) they will also be about 2-3x stronger than derps, so even if you pulled alot they'd kill you alot more easily. And lastly, they will use silences, stuns, sleep, OR channeling interupt to prevent people from vortexing, BoAing, or Dragon breathing groups of them. And with three points to go to, there will be more for people, so those who come late arent left with scraps. More places for more people. Pvping and KSing during the event will naturally result in a ban as it does for all events. (and maybe even add some mix of Phys and mag imm, so people can only attack certain ones, making it good for all classes and FURTHER preventing greedy pulls). I was also thinking of a "Boss" there who will have "Base boss drops" (it's what i call the oec/lvl scroll/ec/god stone/juice drops) with about 2-3x the amount that the sumor camp mobs drop (hell make it 10-20x drops, whatever you want this will be the GM's event not mine, i'm just laying it out for them incase they like it. Less work for them that way ^.^) Here's why i find these locations ideal.

Sundown Highland: Northwest of sundown town and Southwest of town of arrivals is a MASSIVE pit with nothing inside. If sharks were put at the bottom of the pit AND around the perimeter, the huge gap between the top and bottom of cliff combined with the rapid desent will cause all mobs above cliff to lose agro and reset. So mobs at the top and at the bottom cant be fought together. Plus if you die theres a nearby town in both directions; north and south, that you can respawn to and quickly get back to where you were at. The boss will be located at the center of the crater at the bottom of the pit. As for the boss type, im thinking something along the lines of an "ant lion" kinda thing or a giant ancient dino (half buried if possible  ;P)
Forbidden Sea and Volcanic Purgetory: You know, i had some ideas worked out for this, but i think it would be more fun if you guys put yours first, let you guys contribute to it  ^.^

Anyways thats just an idea of mine, was kinda the point of the whole thread lol. Thanks for your input tho tali  :)
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine