Epic Perfect World

Sage or demon ?

Offline Dazbro

I was talking about EP when i said that. On the other assassins i actually know alot about. Alot more than any of you. Please stop flaming.

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
This is simply a guide based on the writers experience and opinion. If you have your own experiences or opinions that for some reason you feel the need to share, create your own thread.

End the flaming now, or the guide will be locked. In other news, great guide.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Sevraj

• GodsLeftHand
You are right I dont really know. But until you say something that makes me want to change my mind im leaving it up that way, all you have said so far is that you are a support class that if you get lucky can kill some people, but cant support as well as your counter part. kkk.

my cleric is a support and DD class...i berry use it like a support class most of the time i use it like DD...and usual i stay in Violet Dance so no heals for me...or for other people...and i can survive preaty good....and is not about luck to kill people u need to know to play your class to do it...if u get r8 and some preatty nice recast on gears...or pury on weap ur a pain in the ass...even as support or DD`er...i would not change my cleric for nothing...even if i have 5 more classes lvl 150...that i berry play...

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
sage squad buffs give more attack and more hp - Dazbro

^
Lie about the hp, the only difference for the buffs for the squads is the length duration and the chi it gives. Their Hp only differs due to the sage true form

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
I think another thing to point out with Assassins is: People go to demon for 1 primary reasons and thats high APS. Demon spark raises attack rate by 25%. However this is not the only way to increase your attack rate. You can use items that do this (for longer too) and you can learn a genie skill called relentless courage which also increases attack rate. Sage sins have higher attack power due to dagger devotion where demon sins make use use of higher Critical rates. However the final difference between sage and demon Crit % is about 3% unbuffed. Not a great deal really, especially how sage sin is 62%. Oh yeah and how could we forget sage BP giving an extra 1% health regen when attacking :o I think most people will agree sage Sin is better all around in EPW. Although im sure there are still some demon fan boys out there...
actually thats wrong. Its a common mistake, but if you read the move it says it grant 3% EXTRA ealth regen from moves. most people think its 3%, but really it's 5%. You could even do a damage test to prove it  :)
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
You better paste some calculations about those 3%. Or was it written in the sky ?

And there is one better genie skill for aps increase. But it's a secret  :P

If you compare pve vise, than it's no mayor thing. Both ways work fine and nice. Pvp is different. Sage focuses on less hits while spaming skills. Demon goes spark and auto atack - that's why lazy people love it. Sage is better with r9 set, because of the atack/defense lvls added on final dmg.

This is a bad guide to start with.
dont diss, keep it positive, at least he PUT a guide there, and its pretty damn good. is it perfect? no, but its better than what most people do. If you think you can do better than do it. It can be very unerving making a threaqd, afraid that you might get flamed, yet he took the effort to help us.... ijs  >.>
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
guys i am the best sin in this server and i say u all demons skill r 100% better than sage exept tidal [for ppl dont know i got sage sin full skill sage in main pwi and its sucks]] ty.
with all due respect man, pls shut up about that.... i already had enough of your PoV on the sage sin thread... You are convinced you are right and refuse to be told otherwise. You are stubborn and closed minded, which does NOT put you in ANY position to judge a class. You need to be clear and unbiased when rating things like this. And that is something you do not do. Until you can say three good things about sage, i dont think your opinion will hold any value here. And the "i'm the best sin on the server and i say..." thing is arrogant and you opened yourself up to people who want to take you down a peg. Now people will want to kill you. Anyways, i dont have any kinda war with you, and i dont like speaking ill of anyone. But as it stands, you are not a reliable source of class advice and i want to be sure others do not take it until you become more open minded. You're the only demon sin i know who say sages have at least one thing better than them. And i know alot  >.>
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
ok now that im done playing catch up, let me start sharing useful stuff   :tiger-40:

I think you are all forgetting the most important thing here  :D
JUST HAVE FUN!!! It's a game peeps, and thats the whole point.  ^.^
Yes, demon or sage, every side has its perks, but the IMPORTANT thing is to do what you love  :D
If you love demon sparking and apsing, just do it lol. Yes i do agree it's very flawed in pvp, tho godly in pve. But as long as you're having fun, thats all u need to do  :)
people will flame, people will hate, people wil say im right ur wrong so suck it. And when that happens, ignore it, maybe take some of the advice but just have fun. If you do that, you're aready playing the game right  :)

And in the end, its all about your taste and fighting stye lol. Some people are cut out for sage, some demon. Some take the easy road, and others are troopers. Be yourself, have fun, and b urself (tho if being urself means being an ass, pls tone it down a bit   xD )

Its a game. Plain and simple. Just play peeps  ^.^
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
ok now that im done playing catch up, let me start sharing useful stuff   :tiger-40:

I think you are all forgetting the most important thing here  :D
JUST HAVE FUN!!! It's a game peeps, and thats the whole point.  ^.^
Yes, demon or sage, every side has its perks, but the IMPORTANT thing is to do what you love  :D
If you love demon sparking and apsing, just do it lol. Yes i do agree it's very flawed in pvp, tho godly in pve. But as long as you're having fun, thats all u need to do  :)
people will flame, people will hate, people wil say im right ur wrong so suck it. And when that happens, ignore it, maybe take some of the advice but just have fun. If you do that, you're aready playing the game right  :)

And in the end, its all about your taste and fighting stye lol. Some people are cut out for sage, some demon. Some take the easy road, and others are troopers. Be yourself, have fun, and b urself ([shadow=red,left]tho if being urself means being an ass, pls tone it down a bit   xD[/shadow] )

Its a game. Plain and simple. Just play peeps  ^.^
That. xD
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Therras

• Papi.
I was going to reply to this thread but, Nevermind XD

Offline Nevyn

actually thats wrong. Its a common mistake, but if you read the move it says it grant 3% EXTRA ealth regen from moves. most people think its 3%, but really it's 5%. You could even do a damage test to prove it  :)

Haha, I'm afraid it is you who has made the common mistake. That is, falling for pwi's awful translations. It's not increased BY 3% (as they say) it's TO 3%. There are plenty of forum discussions on this in the real pwi.

Edit: actually I think I will test this out for myself and display my results for you. Right after I get back tonight :)
Last Edit: Dec 06, 2012, 07:40 am by Nevyn

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline Mr. Crowley

• Characters: LizardLips, AustiN, RaWr, Veneficus
  • Faction: HomeGrown
Haha, I'm afraid it is you who has made the common mistake. That is, falling for pwi's awful translations. It's not increased BY 3% (as they say) it's TO 3%. There are plenty of forum discussions on this in the real pwi.

Edit: actually I think I will test this out for myself and display my results for you. Right after I get back tonight :)

I just did. My math must have just been wrong when I've done it before, I did some tests and some math and it is, in fact, 3%. I can admit I've been proven wrong. I took SS's also if anyone would like me to post.
There are no "standards of Right". Ethics is balderdash. Each Star must go on its own orbit. To hell with "moral principle"; there is no such thing.
—Aleister Crowley

Offline Sleip

Ive tested it many times before and its 3%. When hitting 100k dmg on mobs, im getting BP'd for 3k, nowhere near 5k

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I thought that I would make a forum account just to say:

#1. Hi Stonk.

#2. Sage Mystics can hold their own.  I have one on the official servers (and yeah, yeah, I know someone's gonna say that this is not there, but the skills remain the same), and Yes, they are mostly a support type. 

-Break in the clouds (the spammable heal) has a chance to purify.  For those "oh shit" moments where if you try to cast Comforting Mist, it may not be fast enough (unless you do go -chan demon mystic, but I'm not one for -chan on classes that innately channel/cast fast anyways)

-Sage Verdant Shell is, dare I say, akin to Demon Stone Barrier.  I can't remember the demon version of it, but I remember reading the description and drooling.

-Mystics are extreme mana whores, regardless of culti.  Res balls?  Yeah, need I say more?  The skill set of a sage mystic is one that attempts to alleviate that problem.  Summons take 10% less mp, falling petals recovers mana, 15% mana reduction to comforting mist (I will admit, I like the demon version to comforting mist better, but it was like one of maybe two--Thicket being the other one--that I liked the demon version of). 

And demon mystics have their attack thing going for them, but sage ones can do it just as well too.  It's just the matter of preference.  If I were to make another mystic, I'd still go sage (or if I do a demon one for variety's sake, I'll have a sage mystic or change cultis anyways).

On the topic of sins, The irony is that my main on the official servers was always a mage (wizzie, then psy, and mystic alt).  My main here is a sin, and I made her demon for the aps purpose.  But I do have an intention of somehow weaseling my way into a GV run so I can switch cultis once I can reach a base aps where I can be happy.  I do not know yet  if you can be 4.0/5.0 on this server, but yeah, the intention is to get as much of it as I can sans spark (and sans genie since I can never remember to use it half the time anyways) and switch. 

Anyways, since I think I'm off topic now, I'll stop.  But I thought I'd point out that thing about sage mystics.  And what culti is best is relative.  What may be good for you may not be good for the other person.  It's all game play style and all that.

PS: RE: Demon Seekers--two words--Yataghan Vortex.  It stuns.  Pretty decent for GV I would think, no?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Dazbro

I thought that I would make a forum account just to say:

#1. Hi Stonk.

#2. Sage Mystics can hold their own.  I have one on the official servers (and yeah, yeah, I know someone's gonna say that this is not there, but the skills remain the same), and Yes, they are mostly a support type. 

-Break in the clouds (the spammable heal) has a chance to purify.  For those "oh shit" moments where if you try to cast Comforting Mist, it may not be fast enough (unless you do go -chan demon mystic, but I'm not one for -chan on classes that innately channel/cast fast anyways)

-Sage Verdant Shell is, dare I say, akin to Demon Stone Barrier.  I can't remember the demon version of it, but I remember reading the description and drooling.

-Mystics are extreme mana whores, regardless of culti.  Res balls?  Yeah, need I say more?  The skill set of a sage mystic is one that attempts to alleviate that problem.  Summons take 10% less mp, falling petals recovers mana, 15% mana reduction to comforting mist (I will admit, I like the demon version to comforting mist better, but it was like one of maybe two--Thicket being the other one--that I liked the demon version of). 

And demon mystics have their attack thing going for them, but sage ones can do it just as well too.  It's just the matter of preference.  If I were to make another mystic, I'd still go sage (or if I do a demon one for variety's sake, I'll have a sage mystic or change cultis anyways).

On the topic of sins, The irony is that my main on the official servers was always a mage (wizzie, then psy, and mystic alt).  My main here is a sin, and I made her demon for the aps purpose.  But I do have an intention of somehow weaseling my way into a GV run so I can switch cultis once I can reach a base aps where I can be happy.  I do not know yet  if you can be 4.0/5.0 on this server, but yeah, the intention is to get as much of it as I can sans spark (and sans genie since I can never remember to use it half the time anyways) and switch. 

Anyways, since I think I'm off topic now, I'll stop.  But I thought I'd point out that thing about sage mystics.  And what culti is best is relative.  What may be good for you may not be good for the other person.  It's all game play style and all that.

PS: RE: Demon Seekers--two words--Yataghan Vortex.  It stuns.  Pretty decent for GV I would think, no?

Hi person who I don't know.
Your point about mana use would be valid if you didn't have 20k mana and virtually free mana charms. This isnt PWI :P.  I think sage resballs are actually worse xD Your point about verdant shell and purify would be valid for a HA mystic potentially but as arcane your pdef is so low anyway. 10% pdef extra isnt really going to do much for you. You don't need to build into channel or sacrifice anything anyway. All dragon gears are the same the only way you could sacrifice defense for chan was if you were a complete noob and wanted to get a lunar cape instead of a dragon one. Thanks for your thoughts though.