Epic Perfect World

Server Connection

Offline russ13

We all know that day by day more people are joining EPW.. With the population getting high so is the Ping or the MS,
are there any plans on upgrading the server anytime soon to reduce the lag?
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012, 06:25 pm by russ13

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
I think their 3 servers. Not really sure i check in a bit.
Kings Faith - Only thing worth buying is time.

Offline russ13

And i'm not just speaking for myself, but for the entire community of epic perfect world..
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012, 09:49 pm by russ13

Tali

And i'm not just speak for myself, but for the entire community of epic perfect world..

Except for my husband and I apparently, we usually are in the green with +/- ~25 fps, each running at least 2-6 clients between our connection (given a few places, as I play on high graphics everywhere  :-[). Him and I always hear people complain about the lag and ask eachother "Are you lagging?  ???  ^-^

However we do experience random d/cs sometimes to the server, now that's annoying.

We also play on separate servers, him on Epica3 I am on Epica2, though.

Offline russ13

Except for my husband and I apparently, we usually are in the green with +/- ~25 fps, each running at least 2-6 clients between our connection (given a few places, as I play on high graphics everywhere  :-[). Him and I always hear people complain about the lag and ask eachother "Are you lagging?  ???  ^-^

However we do experience random d/cs sometimes to the server, now that's annoying.

We also play on separate servers, him on Epica3 I am on Epica2, though.

Try going to Thousand Streams or in West Arch.. :smiley:
And I know it's due to our location, but i played other private pw server and it's not this laggy compare to epw.
I myself has or have an average of 500-700 ms. Considering I have a 1.5Mbps connection, I know it's not that much but it's enough to play pw without any trouble..
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012, 10:01 pm by russ13

Offline DoomRazor

• Old Player
  • Characters: Angelofdeath Airyaman Saw
i have a 128kbps connection and always 3 client with no problem speed of your net is not important quality of it is important call your isp ijs

Offline russ13

i have a 128kbps connection and always 3 client with no problem speed of your net is not important quality of it is important call your isp ijs

and ask them about??

Offline DoomRazor

• Old Player
ask them why they service is suck :p

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
Never ever ever get att their service is real terrible. I know from past experience :(.
Kings Faith - Only thing worth buying is time.

Offline DoomRazor

• Old Player
and as a private server i really thing everything here is good compare to pwi a cash players company.
each time 2x drops start at pwi i ca'nt even log lol....
also if you are use a dsl modem can setup it again from here http://192.168.1.1
username and password wrote under your router/modem most of the time reset from there helped me
and if you are use wireless .... :/

Tali

Try going to Thousand Streams or in West Arch.. :smiley:

Doesn't look too bad tbh.

Keep in mind this is on a 2 year old Acer Phenom II laptop.  :-\

Offline russ13

Doesn't look too bad tbh.

Keep in mind this is on a 2 year old Acer Phenom II laptop.  :-\

To be honest i don't think that the computer specs has anything to do with the ms.
and btw this is my computer specs:
Processor: intel core i7 2600k
Memory: kingston hyper-x 4GB ddr3
HDD:seagat 500GB 720rpm
Video Card: Inno3D GTX560 Ti

Offline beardragon

• Old Player
Just a little FYI, it's 3 gateways for the same server and not 3 servers. Also the ping can get high if your game is lagging due to having too many ppl at 1 place.

Offline Aquasfira

• I love neon colors!!
  • My life is everywhere, and I'll live it all! <3
:o The Gateways are supposed to help manage the lag and reduce it. Have you tried going to another server/gateway??

DA: http://obsidianthorn.deviantart.com/
Aquasfira 150-Cleric Demon | UglyStick 150-Seeker Sage
Luxray 148-Archer Demon | Bawllin 140-Barb Sage

Offline russ13

:o The Gateways are supposed to help manage the lag and reduce it. Have you tried going to another server/gateway??

Yea, they're pretty much the same as the others.