Epic Perfect World

cant decide

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
SAGE Mystic. Once you get up higher with your gears you will be wanting sage mystic. You will do enough damage, but that extra tankiness from sage helps so much. The Breaking in the Clouds has a chance to purify you or whoever you are healing which is the bomb. Rapid Growth also has a chance to reset it's cool down, which is also the bomb. Demon Rapid Growth increases your channeling by 30% instead of 20%, and if you are working with pretty decent gear or Dragon gear, that can cause you to channel slower. (If you go above 100% channeling, you are automatically reset to 90% channelling.) The increased damage from Demon Thicket is useless if you are using Absorb Soul since it doesn't increase that damage at all sadly. Sage Nature's Vengeance has a chance to give you additional Chi. Demon Wood Mastery increases your critical hit by 2% while Sage Wood Mastery increases your wood damage by 25% - You won't be using that critical hit with absorb soul.

Overall summary: Demon is good, but Sage is better. Sage has more defense, and is a better rounded cultivation. You are able to switch from tanking, supporting, crowd controlling, and damage dealing fairly easily with Sage. Sage is focused mainly on damage dealing on other magic classes, but can do just fine with light armor and heavy armor classes. Demon is focused mainly on damage dealing on light armor or heavy armor, not so much on magic classes.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex
mystics are so lame and boring.... they are definetly a strong class and if played properly u can nuke practically anything, but once again ive known and still do know players who did play or still are playing mystics and none of them either stick with it much or pk on it at all, might get entertaining at first but then again having only few dd skills and spaming the same heal can get boring, my advice is go for sin or think of another class to main it, but its up to u 
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.

Offline bob

Played both demon and sage mystic for quite a reasonable time now and my personal preference is to use sage over demon.

Sage:
Has higher base p,def with the verdant buff as well as having a higher base damage. The 25% chance to purify on the basic heal (which is used very often) is extremely nice too.

Demon:
Demon grants more chi by summoning pets as well as having higher channel off skills such as rapid growth. Verdant shell provides a 15% tidal which is nothing and will not save you in PvP compared to the extra p.def.

My recommendation would be to go demon until you have a high enough base channel, once your rapid growth puts you over 100% channel with attack weapon I would then switch to sage. With 6% channel on every rank 8 piece the extra channel from a demon mystic is useless and actually slows you down.
what extra channel? o.o

Offline Joey

• Joey
  • Characters: Joey
what extra channel? o.o
The extra channel from demon rapid growth which grants you a 30% channel buff instead of the sage and basic 20% increase. Once you reach 100% channel or over it starts to lower you channel significantly. Rapid growth is used for a channel buff as well as a major temporary damage increase meaning that going over 99% channel with demon is pointless.

Offline bob

The extra channel from demon rapid growth which grants you a 30% channel buff instead of the sage and basic 20% increase. Once you reach 100% channel or over it starts to lower you channel significantly. Rapid growth is used for a channel buff as well as a major temporary damage increase meaning that going over 99% channel with demon is pointless.
It doesn't work like that (I think...), it reduces the channeling time (0.6s) by 10% so the demon channeling time for rapid growth is (0.54s) instead of the sage (0.6s).

Offline Joey

• Joey
Not talking about the channel of rapid growth lol. I'm talking about the channel buff that the rapid growth buff gives you...

For example my mystic has 6% channel on each rank 8 piece giving him a total of 93% base channel in r8 with the dragon Glaive equip. Using (sage) rapid growth with the Glaive is pointless because it makes your channel slower. Using (sage) rapid growth with my attack level rank 8 weapon puts me to 97% channel with the bonus of the rank 8 weapon. 

With a good geared mystic the demon rapid growth will put your channel over 100% with both the Glaive and the rank 8 attack weapon making it usless for an endgame cultivation.

Offline bob

Not talking about the channel of rapid growth lol. I'm talking about the channel buff that the rapid growth buff gives you...

For example my mystic has 6% channel on each rank 8 piece giving him a total of 93% base channel in r8 with the dragon Glaive equip. Using (sage) rapid growth with the Glaive is pointless because it makes your channel slower. Using (sage) rapid growth with my attack level rank 8 weapon puts me to 97% channel with the bonus of the rank 8 weapon.

With a good geared mystic the demon rapid growth will put your channel over 100% with both the Glaive and the rank 8 attack weapon making it usless for an endgame cultivation.
that is what the demon version of rapid growth does, it reduces the channel time of rapid growth by 10% 
check here https://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html
- Normal and sage rapid growth = 0.6s
- Demon rapid growth = 0.54s
Now idk if it also increases channeling speed by 10% too

Offline Ormin

that is what the demon version of rapid growth does, it reduces the channel time of rapid growth by 10%
check here https://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html
- Normal and sage rapid growth = 0.6s
- Demon rapid growth = 0.54s
Now idk if it also increases channeling speed by 10% too
You still didn't understand, did you?
This was not about channeling of rapid growth itself.
When you cast Rapid (and it is DONE), it gives you channel buff for NEXT sprells.
THOSE spells (cast AFTER Rapid) get slowed down.
~~~~~
I have one Mystic, it is Sage, and it is lvl 146. I don't play it.
Have several Sins, all 150, all sage, all fun to play.
What do you think I would recommend to you, from my point of view?
Archer.
kekeke

Offline bob

You still didn't understand, did you?
This was not about channeling of rapid growth itself.
When you cast Rapid (and it is DONE), it gives you channel buff for NEXT sprells.
THOSE spells (cast AFTER Rapid) get slowed down.
~~~~~
I have one Mystic, it is Sage, and it is lvl 146. I don't play it.
Have several Sins, all 150, all sage, all fun to play.
What do you think I would recommend to you, from my point of view?
Archer.
kekeke
Ok so it seems to be a 30% reduction overall, but it also reduces its own channel time by 10%
Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:32 am by bob

Offline Joey

• Joey
Yes it reduces the channel of further skills by 30%.. i'm not sure what you're talking about by its own channel being reduces by 10%, rapid growth is an extremely fast skill to channel and that 10% makes no difference in pvp lol

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Sage even if u have bad gears on mystic
Way better skillset

kitty stew

Yes it reduces the channel of further skills by 30%.. i'm not sure what you're talking about by its own channel being reduces by 10%, rapid growth is an extremely fast skill to channel and that 10% makes no difference in pvp lol
-10 ct makes no difference in pvp?

extra pdef that's already suffering from severe diminishing returns makes more of a difference than that?

no. wrong. way wrong.

ct means everything for a mystic.. a tiny little amount of diminishing returns pdef means shit in comparison

Chaos had a better point, albeit a rather vague one

if that 10 ct gain meant nothing then ea's wouldn't use ct blessing, and mystics and other players playing classes relying on ct wouldn't be using dragon wep so much

Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:24 pm by kitty stew

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
-10 ct makes no difference in pvp?

extra pdef that's already suffering from severe diminishing returns makes more of a difference than that?

no. wrong. way wrong.

ct means everything for a mystic.. a tiny little amount of diminishing returns pdef means shit in comparison

Chaos had a better point, albeit a rather vague one

if that 10 ct gain meant nothing then ea's wouldn't use ct blessing, and mystics and other players playing classes relying on ct wouldn't be using dragon wep so much
No
He just didnt explain it right
Cast time reduced by 10%
Channeling by 30%
Sage : 0.6 cast time with 25% channeling time  boost
Demon :  0.5 cast time(?) with 30% channeling time boost
Sage has a better skillset coz : better dmg , better heal(purifies) , more phy def (approx 1k if i remember right) and easy to lock with chihyu
Demon has that extra ct on rapid growth which on epw is useless (u r -97% with sage one)
U r less tanky and u gain less chi
Which again, useless
Chi is already easy to gain via heals pets and hits u do (-93% spam) which makes demon useless
Only sht id see demon good for is the ape puri in fsp at toad : )))))
Go as u wish, my preference is sage coz tankier and more dmg, demon has critic and chi , thats all imo

kitty stew

No He just didnt explain it right Cast time reduced by 10% Channeling by 30% Sage : 0.6 cast time with 25% channeling time boost Demon : 0.5 cast time(?) with 30% channeling time boost Sage has a better skillset coz : better dmg , better heal(purifies) , more phy def (approx 1k if i remember right) and easy to lock with chihyu Demon has that extra ct on rapid growth which on epw is useless (u r -97% with sage one) U r less tanky and u gain less chi Which again, useless Chi is already easy to gain via heals pets and hits u do (-93% spam) which makes demon useless Only sht id see demon good for is the ape puri in fsp at toad : ))))) Go as u wish, my preference is sage coz tankier and more dmg, demon has critic and chi , thats all imo
never done fsp :( (have bought like 20k+ coins tho and made lots of ppl rich lelo)

the puri bitc is to me what makes a sage more tankier, and is partially why I might switch back to Sage, but as far as the difference the pdef increase between demon and sage vs it's way overrated.. but I agree, if they already in the 90% save range it wont matter.. it mostly comes down to gear anyways.. that one buff makes little diff.. someone starting out, less likely, but maybe more reliant on sage bitc to save life over well geared demons

Offline bob

as in the channel time of demon rapid growth is also reduced by 10%, along with 30% channel speed buff