Epic Perfect World

Perfect Element Suggestion

lulu

-1 been suggested so many times and flat out REJECTED. Not to mention that this would instantly kill EPW.

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
While the numbers used are horrible, the suggestion in itself isn't useless. Actually I like the idea. And I stopped rolling my r8 2 years ago because I'm content with what I have. 

Let's look at for example 3x interval wrists. You don't have to understand the math, I've done it for you.

The odds to get the interval stat on wrists are 9.16%. That means that the odds to get that 3 times on the same piece of armor are 0.0769%. In other words, once in 1300 rolls. On average you would get that combination of stats once in 1300 rolls. Now this, of course, depends on your luck. It could be the first roll or you could not get it at all in 1300 rolls. Nevertheless, the average cost of getting these wrists is 1300x90 ec (counting 90 ec for 1 reroll here, but this depends on the market prices) so this means that you will have to pay 117k ec for a reasonable chance to get 3x interval. 

To be sure to get the 3x interval wrist an option could be implemented where you pay twice as much.  That means you would pay over 230k ec just for the 3x interval wrist. Basically you pay extra for the added chance to get the desired stats. 

Another example: 2x channeling bracers for magic classes.
The odds to get channeling on wrists is 0.45%. To get it twice, the odds are 0.003%. In other words, roughly 1 in 33,000 rolls on average. Again, that means that the average cost to get it is 33.000 x 90 ec for each reroll is 297,000 ec. Double this since people want the stat for sure and they can have it. Nearly 600k ec for 1 piece or armor, not honed.

As is obvious from the prices here, the server will not be flooded with insanely well geared people. The server wouldn't get killed, the server wouldn't die. I'ts simply too expensive. This'll take months of farming or thousands of dollars. Surely some people want to empty their bank account but even for them, is it even worth the price?

I mean, you'd pay only half this much if you just reroll...

I understand why people -1 the suggestion as it is right now, but let's see how this improved version works yes?
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
 Wooda + math don't go together  ;)
It'll be 3 million ec to get double chan wrists, doubling that, and who exactly can afford that lol? Will provide with an ec sink at least since we're only gaining ec and not losing any (seeing as how most merchants have around 300-600k laying around.
♡ Bellend ♡

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
i rerolled x3 int bracers with 1million ec at 2012 and now u want this? unfair sorry -1 xD!
Last Edit: Apr 18, 2016, 11:03 am by ☠EvilTouch☠

Offline Woda

Wooda + math don't go together  ;)
It'll be 3 million ec to get double chan wrists, doubling that, and who exactly can afford that lol? Will provide with an ec sink at least since we're only gaining ec and not losing any (seeing as how most merchants have around 300-600k laying around.
Woda and math go together just fine. And the fact that barely anybody can afford it is exactly the thing that makes this a fair suggestion.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
While the numbers used are horrible, the suggestion in itself isn't useless. Actually I like the idea. And I stopped rolling my r8 2 years ago because I'm content with what I have.

Let's look at for example 3x interval wrists. You don't have to understand the math, I've done it for you.

The odds to get the interval stat on wrists are 9.16%. That means that the odds to get that 3 times on the same piece of armor are 0.0769%. In other words, once in 1300 rolls. On average you would get that combination of stats once in 1300 rolls. Now this, of course, depends on your luck. It could be the first roll or you could not get it at all in 1300 rolls. Nevertheless, the average cost of getting these wrists is 1300x90 ec (counting 90 ec for 1 reroll here, but this depends on the market prices) so this means that you will have to pay 117k ec for a reasonable chance to get 3x interval.

To be sure to get the 3x interval wrist an option could be implemented where you pay twice as much.  That means you would pay over 230k ec just for the 3x interval wrist. Basically you pay extra for the added chance to get the desired stats.

Another example: 2x channeling bracers for magic classes.
The odds to get channeling on wrists is 0.45%. To get it twice, the odds are 0.003%. In other words, roughly 1 in 33,000 rolls on average. Again, that means that the average cost to get it is 33.000 x 90 ec for each reroll is 297,000 ec. Double this since people want the stat for sure and they can have it. Nearly 600k ec for 1 piece or armor, not honed.

As is obvious from the prices here, the server will not be flooded with insanely well geared people. The server wouldn't get killed, the server wouldn't die. I'ts simply too expensive. This'll take months of farming or thousands of dollars. Surely some people want to empty their bank account but even for them, is it even worth the price?

I mean, you'd pay only half this much if you just reroll...

I understand why people -1 the suggestion as it is right now, but let's see how this improved version works yes?
this is what gonna make it fair for all.
not like now.
go watch ppl that got 2x casting wrists, how many rolls they did for it?
intelligence with 5 rolls. Avrillion with 30 rolls. wont name the rest that i know which they got it with 100 150 300 500 1000 dama. (which max roll is 333roll for 1k dama)
but someothers got fcked with rolling over and over and didnt got it yet.
let ppl with bad luck get their stats with paying twice they should do in average.
i dont even like to mention the emount i've rolled for that sht stat till now :))

and its not game breaking, getting those stats will still be hard and need lots of effort, but atleast u gonna get something for ur hardwork.
those stats aint game breaking aswell, lots of ppl got them and as u can see, it doesnt affect pvp much.
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
this is what gonna make it fair for all.
not like now.
go watch ppl that got 2x casting wrists, how many rolls they did for it?
intelligence with 5 rolls. Avrillion with 30 rolls. wont name the rest that i know which they got it with 100 150 300 500 1000 dama. (which max roll is 333roll for 1k dama)
but someothers got fcked with rolling over and over and didnt got it yet.
let ppl with bad luck get their stats with paying twice they should do in average.
i dont even like to mention the emount i've rolled for that sht stat till now :))

and its not game breaking, getting those stats will still be hard and need lots of effort, but atleast u gonna get something for ur hardwork.
those stats aint game breaking aswell, lots of ppl got them and as u can see, it doesnt affect pvp much.
x2 bracers is useless lol, nothing special about it, just making you insta with glavie and allow you to replace 6% ct stone with 3% crit or 20 magic.

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
-1, maybe improve dragon a bit
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline wasdz

• Forum Veteran
Woda and math go together just fine. And the fact that barely anybody can afford it is exactly the thing that makes this a fair suggestion.
But what's the point in implementing something that not even the 1% of the server can afford.  600k for an interval braces lol, 1mil+ for double chest. 
♡ Bellend ♡

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
But what's the point in implementing something that not even the 1% of the server can afford.  600k for an interval braces lol, 1mil+ for double chest.
its not supposed to be easy to get for all.
some may farm that emount in 1mounth some in 1year. but its farmable.
if u dont want to pay double for it, u can try ur luck, u may be one ppl that can get it with less than 100 dama.
its just another option, for whoever wants to do tryhard farming.
(they aint getting it for free, they put lots of time for that, and its not a free stat)
I'm Not that Good

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
x2 bracers is useless lol, nothing special about it, just making you insta with glavie and allow you to replace 6% ct stone with 3% crit or 20 magic.
its not supposed to be a special boost.
its like the difference between att4 and att3 belt. the different of dmg will be 30-40 per skill for wizard. but still ppl tries hard for that small boosts. (its much more for showoff than the boost itself :) ) 
I'm Not that Good

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
its not supposed to be a special boost.
its like the difference between att4 and att3 belt. the different of dmg will be 30-40 per skill for wizard. but still ppl tries hard for that small boosts. (its much more for showoff than the boost itself :) )
:normal-25: you could always aim for 6% ct and x2 magic/str or x1 magic x1 crit (which is way easier i think) 

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
greedy noobs still typing here  :))

Offline Woda

LEL this is a good point. 

I still like to see this happen though. Even though GMs probably have something better to do.

Offline Woda

Will provide with an ec sink at least since we're only gaining ec and not losing any (seeing as how most merchants have around 300-600k laying around.
And yep, we definately need an ec sink.