Epic Perfect World

Extend Heroic Battle timer.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
I just finished a pretty intense heroic battle where neither side could beat the other. My team finally pushed through but it turns out that our little quest things expired by 2 minutes. Heroic battle seems to have taken a big boost in popularity since PE was added into it. I think the timer needs to be lengthened to reflect the new popularity. After everyone's hard work and PK we didnt even get a loser prize, we had a good time but we all walked away without a prize << some people were mad. 

Just a thought, inb4 the 4 million -1's because in 2013 agatio said something rather about domgraths mother.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
It should remain the way it is in order to motivate full pushes and group pk not same 5-10ppl attacking and 20+ defending which gets annoying as fck
2nd reason would be the fact that people that  had alts in(not allowed) will get reward harder since people will kill, there4 lowering alt abuse for alts to get loser reward
People should rush and make it group pk not "lets hope those 4sins, ep and wr will get it done! while we camp base " kind of event

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
It should remain the way it is in order to motivate full pushes and group pk not same 5-10ppl attacking and 20+ defending which gets annoying as fck 2nd reason would be the fact that people that had alts in(not allowed) will get reward harder since people will kill, there4 lowering alt abuse for alts to get loser reward People should rush and make it group pk not "lets hope those 4sins, ep and wr will get it done! while we camp base " kind of event
Ah yes, the famous seby who has never +1'd a suggestion thread before. A marshal from the -1allthread guild, here to use a faction signet. I've been expecting you.

The entire battle I was in I didn't see any afkers, and atleast 3 people must be left with the chest or else an assassin with buffs can win the event by himself. The only motivation that this provides is for one of the teams to hopefully give up before the timer stops so at least someone wins.

A full buffed solo sin in tidal can take the event by himself. if the defense isn't prepared. A full buffed SOLO sin can dig the chest with 2 good people on defense, or 5 bad people. Now imagine if that sin had back up? TBH most of the event was just AA the sin on chest event for both teams, but you can't change that with a timer, lol.

If people just mindlessly charge at eachother with no defense its just a holypath race for whos sin gets to the other chest first.
Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 07:24 am by Mizore, Reason: Potato

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
50mins is long enough already, most of ppl gets tired and port away after 30-40mins.
if both teams focus on def, ofcourse even making it 2h wont change anything.
maybe adding looser reward for both teams if no one digs in 50min fixs the problem. (so no one get mads for getting nothing, if they want winner reward they should push harder and dig the chest)
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Extending time is troublesome because of how the event works now (it resets every hour)
You can always let the other team win so you'd at least get 2 PE  :-X  Being in event more than 1 hour is too exhausting.

Offline Swink

• Scumbag
  • Faction: Tyrants
Extending time is troublesome because of how the event works now (it resets every hour) You can always let the other team win so you'd at least get 2 PE :-X Being in event more than 1 hour is too exhausting.

Agreed bro.
Also -1 for obvious reasons stated by Seby

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
No thanks, Heroic Battle is already tedious as-is.

Last Edit: Apr 17, 2016, 08:38 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
Welp... Just no.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Your faction signet to deny all suggestion threads has worked once more, ty apollumi for coming here to speak some reasoning and sense into me. You see, in my hubris I assumed that events were meant to be competed in and then completed, that a side was supposed to win and take the winners reward. But I see now what a flawed logic I've had. Thank you for opening my eyes.

If someone wins, that means someone loses. If someone loses heroic battle they will surely rage quit the server and tell all their friends that on epic, the events actually finish with a winner and a loser. Not a  draw that doesn't even give you a participation trophy. I thank you for showing this to me... Imagine being a new player , and going to HB and losing HB? Surely they would kill themselves irl with piano wire.

BUT in some rare cases as agatio suggests, why not simply AFK and let the other team win? Yes, agatio approves AFK alting into heroic battle to let the other team win, so you atleast get 2 PE reward. Ty generous agatio, I will begin making my hundreds of alts posthaste. Without your approval this would never have been possible, and so I thank you for it.

NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU LOSE A HEROIC BATTLE, FEAR NOT OF YOUR E-PEEN'S SAFETY BECAUSE WE ARE ALL WINNERS IF WE DRAW TOGETHER.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
deez nuts ( btw yes )
i feel like i'm dead
Ah yes, the famous seby who has never +1'd a suggestion thread before. A marshal from the -1allthread guild, here to use a faction signet. I've been expecting you.

The entire battle I was in I didn't see any afkers, and atleast 3 people must be left with the chest or else an assassin with buffs can win the event by himself. The only motivation that this provides is for one of the teams to hopefully give up before the timer stops so at least someone wins.

A full buffed solo sin in tidal can take the event by himself. if the defense isn't prepared. A full buffed SOLO sin can dig the chest with 2 good people on defense, or 5 bad people. Now imagine if that sin had back up? TBH most of the event was just AA the sin on chest event for both teams, but you can't change that with a timer, lol.

If people just mindlessly charge at eachother with no defense its just a holypath race for whos sin gets to the other chest first.
Not sure why you qq about him being negative, he has valid points.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
Man you got lots of times to write all that sht while no1 would sig for this since the event itself is boring and not even 15 people from apollumi does heroic battle. :-\

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
Man you got lots of times to write all that sht while no1 would sig for this since the event itself is boring and not even 15 people from apollumi does heroic battle. :-\
You misunderstood me, mighty lena. You did not signet into heroic battle, you sigged on this thread ;) I sure do have entire 5 minute blocks of time I can spare on writing a paragraph, I'm sorry if my inability to communicate with grunts and barking bothers you. Less than 15 people in your faction do the event? It's a waste of time you say? It sure sounds like your opinion certainly is valid on the subject then, please do continue.

Not sure why you qq about him being negative, he has valid points.
I agree, he has the most valid of all of the points. As you can clearly see in my response, his points were so groundbreakingly accurate that my entire view on the subject and maybe even the world has changed. I don't understand how you could possibly mistake all of my praise for negativity? When it's clearly very obvious that I am not only astonished but INSPIRED by the points in this thread. There doesn't need to be any winners or losers, that could hurt peoples feelings. Unless you LET them win ;) Then that's all G. Which is agatio's suggested approach. And I agree, I mean what could possibly compel a group of people NOT to surrender after fighting hard for a win in the last 5 minutes of the event? They're just being selfish...

I think there should be a new prize for draws, but it won't be PE's or EC's or even ET's, It will be a title called "participation trophy" Like the trophies you get from going to track and field and getting 79th place. Alternatively I would accept the title "You tried."

Thank you for your consideration.

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
You misunderstood me, mighty lena. You did not signet into heroic battle, you sigged on this thread ;) I sure do have entire 5 minute blocks of time I can spare on writing a paragraph, I'm sorry if my inability to communicate with grunts and barking bothers you. Less than 15 people in your faction do the event? It's a waste of time you say? It sure sounds like your opinion certainly is valid on the subject then, please do continue.
I didn't misunderstand you, oh dear Mizore... When i said that apollumi didn't sig for 'this' i meant the thread itself.

Well i dont plan on keeping this convo up since you got my opinion about heroic battle.

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked