Epic Perfect World

What it like here?

Offline BIT_IFFY

• Beginner
Hi peoples,

I'm wanting to try playing PW again after a LONG break. I think I last played properly in 2011 or so, on Vendetta, I quit just as they introduced the 1.4.x content. I played here on Epic briefly for a month or so, a couple or 3 years ago, and that was all the experience I've had on post 1.36 servers.

So, I've got a few questions for you.

1. Firstly and most importantly, whats the ping like for you? I'm living in the southern hemisphere these days (australia) and lag is a bit of a thing (Its why I just quit Blade and Soul). I tried PW mafia and the lag is 400ms+ which is just too much.

2. Is there good competitive PK on the way to farming end game? Or is it top end gear or GTFO? If I'm just gonna be getting slaughtered every single time I step out of SZ until I have all the bollocks gear then I'd just rather not. I want to have some PK fun from early on, not to be stuck grinding just so I can step out of SZ one day and swing a punch without getting one hit by everyone else out there.

3. Is it busy or is it like a ghost town? How many online on average?

Cheers for reading. And big orrible sweaty hugs from my fat old asthmatic step-dad if you dont reply :P

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Hi peoples,

I'm wanting to try playing PW again after a LONG break. I think I last played properly in 2011 or so, on Vendetta, I quit just as they introduced the 1.4.x content. I played here on Epic briefly for a month or so, a couple or 3 years ago, and that was all the experience I've had on post 1.36 servers.

So, I've got a few questions for you.

1. Firstly and most importantly, whats the ping like for you? I'm living in the southern hemisphere these days (australia) and lag is a bit of a thing (Its why I just quit Blade and Soul). I tried PW mafia and the lag is 400ms+ which is just too much.

2. Is there good competitive PK on the way to farming end game? Or is it top end gear or GTFO? If I'm just gonna be getting slaughtered every single time I step out of SZ until I have all the bollocks gear then I'd just rather not. I want to have some PK fun from early on, not to be stuck grinding just so I can step out of SZ one day and swing a punch without getting one hit by everyone else out there.

3. Is it busy or is it like a ghost town? How many online on average?

Cheers for reading. And big orrible sweaty hugs from my fat old asthmatic step-dad if you dont reply :P

Hi.

1. As an Aussie myself, ping varies from 300-500ms.
It's a pain in the ass but I've just learned to adapt,
(or accept that I am just bad)
else I'd never play anything.

2. PK is only recommended for end game,
however it shouldn't take you too long to reach end game.
We have blue name protections here,
so as long as you dont switch to PK mode before 150,
which you should have no reason to,
no one will be able to attack you if you venture outside sz.
You will be a 1shot to anyone if you are under 150.

3. Things have been a bit quiet, PK wise, atm
due to some recent changes causing a bit more PvE 
but I anticipate it will pick up again soon once the issues are ironed out. 
Overall, it should promote more PK in the long run
as it is easier to obtain better stats on endgame gear.

Overall, this is one of the longest running
and most popular p.servers, and for good reason.
But this is just my opinion.
Welcome, if you decide to join.
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2016, 06:54 am by 𝓛𝓲𝓵𝓪𝓬

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline BIT_IFFY

• Beginner
Thanks for your really detailed reply Lilac. Much appreciated

Offline Death

• Old Player
It's actually fun, but think twice before going PvP mode. Ppl will swarm you as soon as you leave West.

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
It's actually fun, but think twice before going PvP mode. Ppl will swarm you as soon as you leave West.
you sure you are playing epic perfect world?

Offline Death

• Old Player
Well, "epic" perfect world, dunno why the name "epic" when half the server is camping archo gates for easy kills

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
Read a few threads in forums and see what the game is all about see it for urself xd 

Offline ɱ૯૯Ƿ ♡

• ✿•wнιтe voodoo нυɢɢer•✿
  • Retired⚜
  • Characters: The Fabulous Meep ღ

HAHAHA! :pig-2:

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Don't play here. You'll get pregnant and die.

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
10/10 youll end up being a edater n00b who pves and only knows skill button of embrace and go tank EP/Sin and farm forums but you can try the game  :police: its decent

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
I stopped playing bns/dota and many other games to come back here because it's the only game that latency doesn't play big role of it, so if your ping is 300 or 400 u gonna manage to play and enjoy it
online base is like 500+ (I'm not sure i wish if we ever could see it)
gears don't play big role in pk tbh i've mass pk'd/1v1'd on my sin (supposedly squishy class) in dragon gears for 2years and i was doing just fine being outgeard, however if you are good player i think any 'good' mass pk faction would take you and help you with your gears
if you try to gear up alone without edate helping you or friends i suggest to you going back on bns, but i dont think anyone worked for their gears here by themselves anyway atleast not me
also pk will be fine in next month atleast or whenever the enemy of tyrants decide to run n disband : D ok nvm
Last Edit: Apr 18, 2016, 08:55 pm by FMP

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
AYO gm give me my ***in weapon back man it's been 2days 

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Thanks for your really detailed reply Lilac. Much appreciated
Now that you have finished reading lilacs application for gm, I'm going to give you some real talk. I will give you a look into which classes are easier to gear and how many rolls and time its going to take you.

Let's look at for example 3x interval wrists. You don't have to understand the math, I've done it for you. The odds to get the interval stat on wrists are 9.16%. That means that the odds to get that 3 times on the same piece of armor are 0.0769%. In other words, once in 1300 rolls. On average you would get that combination of stats once in 1300 rolls. Now this, of course, depends on your luck. It could be the first roll or you could not get it at all in 1300 rolls. Nevertheless, the average cost of getting these wrists is 1300x90 ec (counting 90 ec for 1 reroll here, but this depends on the market prices) so this means that you will have to pay 117k ec for a reasonable chance to get 3x interval. To be sure to get the 3x interval wrist an option could be implemented where you pay twice as much. That means you would pay over 230k ec just for the 3x interval wrist. Basically you pay extra for the added chance to get the desired stats. Another example: 2x channeling bracers for magic classes. The odds to get channeling on wrists is 0.45%. To get it twice, the odds are 0.003%. In other words, roughly 1 in 33,000 rolls on average. Again, that means that the average cost to get it is 33.000 x 90 ec for each reroll is 297,000 ec. Double this since people want the stat for sure and they can have it. Nearly 600k ec for 1 piece or armor, not honed. As is obvious from the prices here, the server will not be flooded with insanely well geared people. The server wouldn't get killed, the server wouldn't die. I'ts simply too expensive. This'll take months of farming or thousands of dollars. Surely some people want to empty their bank account but even for them, is it even worth the price? I mean, you'd pay only half this much if you just reroll... I understand why people -1 the suggestion as it is right now, but let's see how this improved version works yes?

I'm glad you asked that, I actually do know the difficulty of getting -channel on all r8 pieces. Arcane chest -chan% 3.34% Archer chest -chan% 7.34% 220% easier to get on archer than arcane classes for top. Arcane pants -chan% 3.91 Archer pants -chan% 7.78% 198% easier to get on archer than arcane classes for pants. Arcane shoes -chan% 2.84% Archer shoes -chan% 7.54% 260% easier to get on archer than on arcane classes for boots. All of these pieces recieve the same 1 to 3 channel boosts, it just happens to be on average 226% easier overall to get on archer than on every single arcane classs. Arcane sleeves can get up to -6 channel where as archers sleeves are still stuck with -3, however the chances are so abysmally low that I believe there are only 2 arcanes on the server with it. Can't say the same about archer sleeves. Truth be told as a mage, I would rather have EA's % on all my armor than what I do have, especially on sleeves where the chances of getting x3 channel sleeves skyrockets. Arcane sleeves -chan% 0.45% Archer sleeves -chan% 8.16% Roughly 18 times more likely. I would LOVE to have -9 sleeves over -6 tbh. And -9 is still FAR more likely than -12 archer vs arcane rolls. Furthermore archers are now the only non arcane class to use magic rings, as well as having a unique blessing with -10 channel. Making their -channel in r8 potential equal to that of a well geared demon wizard in r8 with quaff, the only difference of course being that demon mages must use 1 spark to keep their channel at that level. Where as archers are free to idle in it. With no cost to chi, in attack weapon and still have greater channel than arcanes due to the much easier -chan% on armor, access to magic rings, and a custom blessing with -channel. In fact, even the few 0.0051%ers who HAVE ended up with double channel arcane sleeves still end up with overall inferior channel to archers vs their x3 -chan armors and blessing. Now, something there doesn't seem right to me, personally. Can't call clerics metal mages anymore, archers muscled in and stole the nickname. :-[ Also, you're wrong about burdette being the only one with stacked channel. As you can see, it's over twice as likely to end up with that armor on archer than any arcane. So, archers hold the magic rings, and the best -channeling when stacked up against even top tier geared arcanes.

Long story short, the easiest character to gear is EA, they come with a custom blessing that no other class gets to help them get there, they also have the easiest time finishing their x3 stats. The recommended method of farming is to...now please I'm normally sarcastic but this is ACTUALLY the recommended method of farming so bear with me... You need to make 80 or more lvl 150 alts, make a guild that consists ENTIRELY of yourself log all 80 or so characters...and farm guild base trials with a guild, whats your name steve? You need to farm guild trials with guild steve for a few hours, every day, until you're geared lol.

There used to be a daily method of farming 20 rerolls, and as you can see from Woda's post you're going to need a lot of those... But it was nerfed and now you can only do it once a day. It will take you long to reach end game, very long without the support of very generous friends or 80 multi clients and lots of patience.

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
Now that you have finished reading lilacs application for gm, I'm going to give you some real talk. I will give you a look into which classes are easier to gear and how many rolls and time its going to take you.

Long story short, the easiest character to gear is EA, they come with a custom blessing that no other class gets to help them get there, they also have the easiest time finishing their x3 stats. The recommended method of farming is to...now please I'm normally sarcastic but this is ACTUALLY the recommended method of farming so bear with me... You need to make 80 or more lvl 150 alts, make a guild that consists ENTIRELY of yourself log all 80 or so characters...and farm guild base trials with a guild, whats your name steve? You need to farm guild trials with guild steve for a few hours, every day, until you're geared lol.

There used to be a daily method of farming 20 rerolls, and as you can see from Woda's post you're going to need a lot of those... But it was nerfed and now you can only do it once a day. It will take you long to reach end game, very long without the support of very generous friends or 80 multi clients and lots of patience.
you seem mad xd

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
you seem mad xd
I know you're a troll who nears the level of arushi and myself on a good day, but I'll still humor you anyways. No, I actually enjoy epic. Their are daily events which I enjoy, and larger PK's than any other server I've been on even now, when epic is considered "smaller".

But I don't want people getting trapped into thinking they'll be geared in a week, lol. Because its simply not true.