Epic Perfect World

Pataka damage

PURGATORY

pataka has only str req,which kinda makes no sense since it would be that way to fit ha wf needs as well,but since they took might ring away,where would be the point,if it was an arcane wf weapon it would make sense to have higher dmg than dragon
There is a r8r pataka you can recraft with higher physical dmg and str requirements in comparison to the regular magical one, only to suit HA WF. Nonetheless,  +1000 let's boost wf  :-X

Offline ▽Astrid

• Old Player
  • Characters: Astrid
  • Faction: Artifex
There is a r8r pataka you can recraft with higher physical dmg and str requirements in comparison to the regular magical one, only to suit HA WF. Nonetheless,  +1000 let's boost wf  :-X
it may be there,but no might ring = no dmg so ha wf is still fcked in the end, and omg don't say boost  :'( 100 people will come in and hate on us and say nerf 0 pdef 

PURGATORY

it may be there,but no might ring = no dmg so ha wf is still fcked in the end, and omg don't say boost  :'( 100 people will come in and hate on us and say nerf 0 pdef
Indeed, it is all okay as it is.
The truth about pataka is that I deal only about 1k more dmg with it (separation is obviously only as significant as this if opponent is camping defense, +34ATK pataka vs. instantaneous channeling with glaive, still). Pataka is especially by and large useless in mass PK for the low channeling even with 3x ct pieces but also for the dmg it still seems to lack in comparison with glaive, and glaive can even make up the damage with the added channeling.
It is up to particular player whether they will be caught casting para nova with slow-ass pataka or casting it instantaneously with glaive and kiting back to Africa b4 enemy reaches you.

Edit: Damage was tested (109ATK lvls with pataka, 75ATK with glaive) vs. Demonaa's ep with 109 DEF  (both had rune+blessing included)
Last Edit: Apr 06, 2016, 07:26 am by Damaged

Offline Synamon

• Characters: *.:。.✿`°¤,¸.•*
I honestly think the patakas damage is fine. The patakas original purpose was to enhance the venomancer's physical attack skills than magical (i.e. fox form). Of course the glaive is going to have a higher output on damage overall. Just had this discussion with a friend about this thread. The fact that there's next to no strength requirement on the pataka is amazing. 
Thank you Meline♥ for qt avatar!

kitty stew

I honestly think the patakas damage is fine. The patakas original purpose was to enhance the venomancer's physical attack skills than magical (i.e. fox form). Of course the glaive is going to have a higher output on damage overall. Just had this discussion with a friend about this thread. The fact that there's next to no strength requirement on the pataka is amazing.
just the r8r

and to the posts mentioning phys ring, that's why I suggested a phys ring for veno's with str req like the dragon pataka

Offline Synamon

just the r8r

and to the posts mentioning phys ring, that's why I suggested a phys ring for veno's with str req like the dragon pataka
But venomancers don't need to use physical rings. They were more or less used for the extra pdef. Which can be obtained using fox form. That's the whole purpose of using the fox form. So you take less damage. The class wasn't meant to be pure magic build for AA gear purposes or pure strength for HA purposes. It's supposed to be more or less a hybrid build. Thus me pointing out that the original r8 patakas had a high strength requirement which catered to fox form skills that were based on physical damage rather than magical.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Every 25atk lvls above enemy's defence lvls give approx 20% more dmg
A 3x atk line pataka will hit more than a glaive in a def camper
Reason why blackjack as a start hits 11k and up to 14k with her weapon
Reaching above 105atk lvls is fairly simple and at that point wf's dmg is high as fck, adding combos and debuffs is more than enough
If u'd have a similar mag attk with that high of atk lvls u'd hiero with simple basic skills or worse, hiero with combo w.e
Veno as a whole is based on combos debuffs pet and soullink , not on repetitive skill cast
After debuffs veno dmg is actually deadliest in this game (it ignores def camp if did well)

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
Someone bring me a goldfish fasted.  :normal-2:

Offline Synamon

Someone bring me a goldfish fasted.  :normal-2:
I have goldfish crackers. Does that count?  :-X

Offline Yuko

• Boy bye.
  • Bora do Pk
  • Characters: Yuko
Well make a proper dragon glaive for veno , only venos can use , change magic attack from that glaive to r8 pataka , if that bothers u so much xd. Tbh there are venos that hit alot with glaive only , never see one with a r8 pataka , that is kinda wierd too , since other classes use r8 weap alot 

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Every 25atk lvls above enemy's defence lvls give approx 20% more dmg
A 3x atk line pataka will hit more than a glaive in a def camper
Reason why blackjack as a start hits 11k and up to 14k with her weapon
Reaching above 105atk lvls is fairly simple and at that point wf's dmg is high as fck, adding combos and debuffs is more than enough
If u'd have a similar mag attk with that high of atk lvls u'd hiero with simple basic skills or worse, hiero with combo w.e
Veno as a whole is based on combos debuffs pet and soullink , not on repetitive skill cast
After debuffs veno dmg is actually deadliest in this game (it ignores def camp if did well)

I have 95 attack level base without a rune or the wedding blessing using my 3 line attack wep. It's still not a big difference damage wise compared to using the Dragon Glaive. 

Offline ♥Insanitarius♥

• AnUnknownGod
  • An unknown god is still a god.
  • Characters: Insanitarius/Diligence/ETZIO
Well then theres no point wasting reshapes on attack level wep, get a def wep and a dragon glaive all good to go...... Doesnt that make building venos easier and cheaper as well ;o
Insanitarius

Offline Pelnar

• The WR Under the Bridge
  • Feed me, Seymour
  • Characters: Pelnar, Hackee
  • Faction: Formerly ArchEnemy
Silly Arcane Venomancers should just bow to the HA master race already. Though a pataka with higher stats does interest me because I don't care at all about game balance and just want my class to be stronger than everyone else, that is why I play the strongest class in the game.

Am I doing a decent impression of everyone else in the suggestions section yet?'Cause I feel my brain cells dying en masse from typing even a parody.

Tl;dr Moar HA Veno buffs plox. I was obligated to post in this thread, so I did
The WF that got Soul Trapper Banned

Offline Death

• Old Player
HA venos are superior to AA venos :-[

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
HA venos are superior to AA venos :-[

Yeah, sure til you get hierobugged by another AA class.