Epic Perfect World

Pataka damage

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
I don't know if this was ever brought up before but is there any specific reason why the Rank 8 Pataka for Venos has less damage than the Dragon Glaive?

I have a 3 line attack level pataka wth +23 +5 +5 attack levels and crit and it barely does 1k damage more than the Dragon Glaive... Making it pretty much useless and unnecessary to use.

Edit: I feel like since Rank 8 is considered "end-game" the damage on it should be significantly more than using a Dragon Weapon as a main attack weapon.

Last Edit: Apr 05, 2016, 09:24 pm by Cαռɗу

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
I don't know if this was ever brought up before but is there any specific reason why the Rank 8 Pataka for Venos has less damage than the Dragon Glaive?

I have a 3 line attack level pataka wth +23 +5 +5 attack levels and crit and it barely does 1k damage more than the Dragon Glaive... Making it pretty much useless and unnecessary to use.

Edit: I feel like since Rank 8 is considered "end-game" the damage on it should be significantly more than using a Dragon Weapon as a main attack weapon.
i got same problem with 3 line atklvl axe and dragon axe.... i +1 that
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Μȓ.ŦαϿöS

• Retired WereBeast
  • EPW in 2017 lol
pretty gurl made post  ???

kitty stew

veno's wep is pataka not glaive

compare it to dragon pataka mag atk

likewise, compare dragon glaive atk to cleric's r8r wep.. it's the same

as far as highest pt of mag dmg is concerned veno is #2 of the magic classes, but it has by far the widest range of damage (this has always been the case with patakas -- their phys atk is much higher than other mag weps)

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
Veno pataka should have highest mag attack amongst all caster weps as they are on other servers but this is epic. Another needed nerf as it would have made veno to out dd wiz and psy combined.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
veno's wep is pataka not glaive

compare it to dragon pataka mag atk

likewise, compare dragon glaive atk to cleric's r8r wep.. it's the same

as far as highest pt of mag dmg is concerned veno is #2 of the magic classes, but it has by far the widest range of damage (this has always been the case with patakas -- their phys atk is much higher than other mag weps)

Dragon Pataka is weaker too. 
Makes no sense. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Because veno's op and don't need 30+ attack levels & higher magic range than all other classes 

Offline C

• ☾⋆
Because veno's op and don't need 30+ attack levels & higher magic range than all other classes

Didn't ask you.

kitty stew

Dragon Pataka is weaker too.
Makes no sense.
it does to me

veno's aren't only a class of magic attacks

the tradeoff of having higher defence and skills/passives/weapons that cater to phys dmg is less mag dmg

Offline C

• ☾⋆
it does to me

veno's aren't only a class of magic attacks

the tradeoff of having higher defence and skills/passives/weapons that cater to phys dmg is less mag dmg

Yeah, but p.attack Venos are obsolete on this server and most Venos on this server go for a DD m.attack and channeling build. 

APS Venos aren't ideal because they are really damn squishy. Get caught by a Mage and it's RIP. 

Offline Yone

• Characters: Yone, _Huggles
Is this really a post complaining about veno dmg being weak? Or?? Are you suggesting to add more dmg to venos r8 weap??? Cuz i just dont see the need......at all.....

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
Is this really a post complaining about veno dmg being weak? Or?? Are you suggesting to add more dmg to venos r8 weap??? Cuz i just dont see the need......at all.....
It's not in the suggestion section so she suggests nothing. Just wants to understand the logic behind it I guess and giving her opinion
I disagree with making R8R better tho since the balance is fine as it is

Offline LinLin

• ?
  • Characters: ...
  • Faction: ...

Type what you feel girl!

Last Edit: Sept 25, 2016, 05:10 am by LinLin

Offline C

• ☾⋆

I'm not complaining or suggesting. I don't see the logic behind why an end-game weapon is weaker than the weapon below it.

At least make Patakas viable for magic build or give Venos the option to obtain and reshape Rank 8 glaives.

Offline ▽Astrid

• Old Player
  • Characters: Astrid
  • Faction: Artifex
pataka has only str req,which kinda makes no sense since it would be that way to fit ha wf needs as well,but since they took might ring away,where would be the point,if it was an arcane wf weapon it would make sense to have higher dmg than dragon