Epic Perfect World

Restrict MDEF Rings from EA

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
I disagree that rings need to be restricted from ea. But given as your points provided are poor, I'm going to argue them anyways.

-To the same effect that ea's can be stunned in attack armor with luck, any class can. However this is derived entirely from player error, and is, in my opinion, completely irrelevant when discussing how the mathematical/balance side of pwi operates. Furthermore the problem with saying  "Arguing that they're supposed to be glass-cannons on a server full of def-camping scripters is the most ridiculous sentiment I have ever heard." combined with the knowledge that "an EA can get instantly melted in channy gear."  Is that magic rings are often the damage dealing ring of choice, meaning that they will have noticeably higher defense against magic classes BEFORE scripting into defense gear, while maintaining optimal attack.

-Domgraths armor is quite optimal, and me and him don't really even like each other. Frankly your point 2 seems like nothing more than a personal assault, rather than a useful thought.

-Accuracy complaints from the class with the highest accuracy, lol.

-It is also just as irrelevant to include player LUCK in a discussion of armor balance, something concrete and equatable. Stun's will not fail to proc 50% of the time on average, the reason it will feel like that is because with instant channel you will be using your stun every 15 seconds. Which means on average it will fail once every 2 minutes in a 1vs1, about the same as your pots cooldown. But on a server where a player can die before their charm ticks, under certain circumstances it can become extremely factor to miss a stun, however it is to be expected. Literally.

You should not be in full channel armor if your opponent is in a position where he can erase you before a charm tick anyways, or you could just as easily be erased by an enemy fortify/faith just as promptly and just as easily, WITHOUT stun proc even failing. Which is player error. It is not 100%, and I know the personal struggle with mountain seize. But that is simply how it is, individual player luck is irrelevant when discussing the proc rate of a skill. Stagalstrike will miss more than ea stun, as will a barbs knockdown. It's proc rate is comparably close to throatcut, actually, and you don't see sins complaining or crying about that.

There is no class that's supposed to be as squishy as archer. They are MEANT to be low in defense, that is why the anti control skills are in place to compensate. And they have accomplished that well on this server, but there is no class who is supposed to equate them in raw status defense. A simple brief look at the classes skills will tell you that. (Anti control and kiting for days, more leaps than a wizard, more anti stuns than any single other class, speed buffs and skills to further encourage kiting,no actual DEFENSIVE passives, only evasion, which also encourages the "don't get hit at all is the best defense" strategy.)

However even scripting ea's have low defense to match their attack in the grand scheme of things, so I disagree with domgrath anyways. But for different reasons.

I do despise ea's who rage at other players who miss their rings, and use insults however. "If you need mag ring on barb to live quit game, if you need phys ring on veno uninstall life, ect." Um, hello? You're using a magic ring to DD. Wake up and smell the hypocrisy. Because you don't get the right to be the spoiled class who gets its own blessing/rings and STILL be a whiny spoiled brat about it. Eas used rings for offense, so when restrictions came you were spared the chopping block. The problem of course being that
just because they were used for offense purposes, doesn't devalue them as defensive assets. You're spoiled, but not game breakingly. So don't be condescending pricks about it IMO. Be grateful.

However I think seby's suggestion is absolutely and completely retarded. Frankly I hope it's a troll. The channel beats the attack boost for damage at the cost of raw attack for a REASON, your answer to restricted rings is to give them all the power COMBINED with none of the choice between power and speed, why not just have both I guess? GG. Personally I'm still very pissed that ea's get their own custom ea's only channel blessing at all. I just don't fight it because I know it's futile to argue against a population which of consists mostly of ea's about ea's.

Tl:dr ea's are spoiled, but don't need a nerf. But they sure as HELL don't need a buff either. Give ea's an attack buff....that suggestion is worse than a domgrath suggestion. Can you imagine mass with ea's getting an even larger attack/channel buff? Lel. Just give ea's 100% channel blessing and full dex armor at that point and be done with it.  :police: Because balance and "class roles", amiright?

ur ***ed in the head

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
I actually agree with Domgrath on this one but i don't see any chance for it happening, i assume Aga had his reasons for letting EA's keep the rings.

Offline Monti

• Old Player
ur ***ed in the head
+     1

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
ur ***ed in the head
ok. u sure showed me lMfaE. rekted.

Offline Arrow

• Oliver Queen
  • First they laugh then they copy.
  • Characters: Arrow
Since when should EA (Literal glass-cannon type class) have (1) more MDEF than half of the other classes in-game, all the while (2) being almost instant-cast with R8R bow?

I just watched some (3) random EA face-tank a fully geared magic class without any worries because the damage was so insignificant

Why is this okay?

It's almost as ridiculous as the Mystics that used to use double PDEF rings for defense, but for some reason it's alright because
"MDEF RINGS ARE OKAY FOR EA'S BC CHANNY TYPE "

And before you rant; I'm seeing this from a completely defense PoV, not the benefits for offensiveness.
??? WHAT ?
to (1) what do you mean with half the classes? cleric, mg, myst, barb, bm, wiz, veno have more mdef then ea
to (2) there is no instant cast ea on the server with r8 besides Burdette. And you cant compare EAs gear with other classes. Half of the server plays EA and there is no other tryhard class that spend so much dama in gear then EA. do you even know how hard it is to get 9% on every part?

to (3) Toby is no random. He just not camp forum/world chat like others. In your SS you can see that he uses mdef puzzle+mdef ws+propably def bow. Ofc now he will be a 2shot instead of 1shot.
by the way you already took the ct OHT belt because like 5-10 top EAs were using it. You always try to nerf any other class then your own. Pls stop doing these threads :(

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
according to domgrath, an ea who uses all mdef ornaments has more mdef than every magic class in the game (who doesn't use mdef ornaments)....IF THEY DID, ea's mdef will nowhere near be on par with any class, sorry but this is just retarded.......you want to nerf ea's because they use mdef ornaments and magic classes dont't?....they have the option to but they just chose not to.

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
ok. u sure showed me lMfaE. rekted.
lql only took u prods a week to pick up sarjus new word, big big fanboy

Offline ogur4ik

according to domgrath, an ea who uses all mdef ornaments has more mdef than every magic class in the game (who doesn't use mdef ornaments)....IF THEY DID, ea's mdef will nowhere near be on par with any class, sorry but this is just retarded.......you want to nerf ea's because they use mdef ornaments and magic classes dont't?....they have the option to but they just chose not to.
Your a fkn idiot retard brainless sht head scripter who cant read. Its actualy a boost not a nerf we get more atk crit and acc.

I use 2 might rings on my ea and mdef neck/belt and i never got heirod by mg classes.. we got alot of kitting skills that can keep us alive..

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
A shame stupidity only hurts others, never yourself.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
??? WHAT ?
to (1) what do you mean with half the classes? cleric, mg, myst, barb, bm, wiz, veno have more mdef then ea
to (2) there is no instant cast ea on the server with r8 besides Burdette. And you cant compare EAs gear with other classes. Half of the server plays EA and there is no other tryhard class that spend so much dama in gear then EA. do you even know how hard it is to get 9% on every part?
I'm glad you asked that, I actually do know the difficulty of getting -channel on all r8 pieces.

Arcane chest -chan% 3.34%
Archer chest -chan% 7.34%

220% easier to get on archer than arcane classes for top.

Arcane pants -chan% 3.91
Archer pants -chan% 7.78%

198% easier to get on archer than arcane classes for pants.

Arcane shoes -chan% 2.84%
Archer shoes -chan% 7.54%

260% easier to get on archer than on arcane classes for boots.

All of these pieces recieve the same 1 to 3 channel boosts, it just happens to be on average 226% easier overall to get on archer than on every single arcane classs.

Arcane sleeves can get up to -6 channel where as archers sleeves are still stuck with -3, however the chances are so abysmally low that I believe there are only 2 arcanes on the server with it. Can't say the same about archer sleeves. Truth be told as a mage, I would rather have EA's % on all my armor than what I do have, especially on sleeves where the chances of getting x3 channel sleeves skyrockets.

Arcane sleeves -chan% 0.45%
Archer sleeves -chan% 8.16%

Roughly 18 times more likely. I would LOVE to have -9 sleeves over -6 tbh. And -9 is still FAR more likely than -12 archer vs arcane rolls. Furthermore archers are now the only non arcane class to use magic rings, as well as having a unique blessing with -10 channel. Making their -channel in r8 potential equal to that of a well geared demon wizard in r8 with quaff, the only difference of course being that demon mages must use 1 spark to keep their channel at that level. Where as archers are free to idle in it. With no cost to chi, in attack weapon and still have greater channel than arcanes due to the much easier -chan% on armor, access to magic rings, and a custom blessing with -channel. In fact, even the few 0.0051%ers who HAVE ended up with double channel arcane sleeves still end up with overall inferior channel to archers vs their x3 -chan armors and blessing.

Now, something there doesn't seem right to me, personally. Can't call clerics metal mages anymore, archers muscled in and stole the nickname.  :-[

Also, you're wrong about burdette being the only one with stacked channel. As you can see, it's over twice as likely to end up with that armor on archer than any arcane. So, archers hold the magic rings, and the best -channeling when stacked up against even top tier geared arcanes.

Offline Kinsei

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Kinsei
Since when should EA (Literal glass-cannon type class) have more MDEF than half of the other classes in-game, all the while being almost instant-cast with R8R bow?

I just watched some random EA face-tank a fully geared magic class without any worries because the damage was so insignificant

Why is this okay?

It's almost as ridiculous as the Mystics that used to use double PDEF rings for defense, but for some reason it's alright because
"MDEF RINGS ARE OKAY FOR EA'S BC CHANNY TYPE "

And before you rant; I'm seeing this from a completely defense PoV, not the benefits for offensiveness.
Yes because we are 123 with or without MDEF... Script ... and all
I kneel only to God, and I don't see him here

Offline S-PAG-HET

• Post Farmer of the Year
  • Nah..
  • Characters: Nothing to see here
  • Faction: please disperse
Yes because we are 123 with or without MDEF... Script ... and all

+1                                                                

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
I honestly think barbs should be nerfed...they do way too much dmg + too much range and have way too much phs def
Last Edit: Mar 24, 2016, 08:41 am by Dj Khaled

Offline Lemonade

I agree on this Suggestion, Since EA r8 stats are easy to get , channeling has same % on other stats which mean u can get 2x -3 on each piece with a few damas. EA should restrict magic ring many EA has insta cast with r8 bow lmao, i think Aga afraid of losing all atk 2 dex 11 or dex stats magic ring on game cuz of restricting rings for EA

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
damn domgrath back again with the new nerf thread