Epic Perfect World

Is there such a thing as an EPW API?

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
I'm interested in working on a site or something of the sort to monitor automatic events. At first, I supose the server and user's time, a description of what each is like, and a page where it'd show what events were going on, and a schedule for all the events that wouldn't be on at the time.

Is such a thing available?

Angelica

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Do you mean something like this?
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=7.0
Yes and no. I've already seen that before but the problem is that needs constant updating. That's where something involving an API is more handy, most stuff is automatic once it's finished.

Something i'd try and implement if possible would be including non-automatic events for those who aren't particularly fond of sitting in an afk spot all day waiting for PK/an event, and instead only needing a web page up. This would also be better for those with weaker computers, since they might want to be alert for an event, but play something else until an event does pop up, but not being able to due to not being able to run EPW and whatever other game on the same performance.
Last Edit: Mar 19, 2016, 05:51 pm by Danidv

Angelica

Yes and no. I've already seen that before but the problem is that needs constant updating. That's where something involving an API is more handy, most stuff is automatic once it's finished.

Something i'd try and implement if possible would be including non-automatic events for those who aren't particularly fond of sitting in an afk spot all day waiting for PK/an event, and instead only needing a web page up. This would also be better for those with weaker computers, since they might want to be alert for an event, but play something else until an event does pop up, but not being able to due to not being able to run EPW and whatever other game on the same performance.
Non-automated events (I suppose you mean GM held events) don't really have a schedule. GMs don't know when exactly they will host XY event until about 10-15 minutes before, and most of them bump the planned event's thread at this time, so if someone would want a heads up, they could just check the forums and open the Events board.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Non-automated events (I suppose you mean GM held events) don't really have a schedule. GMs don't know when exactly they will host XY event until about 10-15 minutes before, and most of them bump the planned event's thread at this time, so if someone would want a heads up, they could just check the forums and open the Events board.
Yes, I did mean GM held events. And that was one of my points. Instead of having to be in-game or stalking the events page, they'd have a single place with all the info in an automatic way. Hence why an API is best for this: a GM holds the event, and depending on how it's triggered, it would/could show up in the API's info as an event, despite not being scheduled, with the only issue with this being that events such as 2v2 not being accounted for (where it's purely GM hosted - no NPC or anything required, you just PM that you want in, get teleported and follow the GM's rules, not the system's, meaning it's the GM who kicks you, not the system)