41 (53.9%)
I don't know
9 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: May 11, 2016, 12:29 am

Suggestions to increase new players

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
1. Hell no. Despite the exhausting grind, now that it's over, I treasure and i'm proud of my own, back in PWI during all those frost runs, and the same applies to EPW and Phoenix Valley. I either have to pay quite a bit to skip that grind as I have also done before, or I have to pull through and use my time to farm myself for free. No one may like it at first, but if that was the case, then why do all games have different difficulty modes? If this option were to work, developers all over would be wasting their time working on different difficulties because, if this was to work as planned, no one would like to play on anything other than easy.
Players may say they don't like it, but in many games and most MMORPGs, despite what they say, they do like the grind, otherwise they wouldn't have stuck around.

2. Again, pointless, especially if you don't opt with number 1. These things, leveling and gear, must be earned. With this logic why not give all classes all possible r8 gear sets and be done with it? gg no farm so everyone will want pk, problem solved

3. How does this help at all? People who get their income from here are completely screwed. Some players like doing these to get mad scrilla, which they do deserve since their effort/efficiency is directly proporcional to their income, while others would rather use the EC they already have and skip a specific grind of their own.
In fact, this goes exactly against getting more players to PK. Since you can't buy anything from someone else, you're forced to farm everything yourself, meaning even less people would be up for PK.
Last Edit: Mar 19, 2016, 04:56 pm by Danidv

Offline Mercenary

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
With these suggestions implemented, there is no need for additional free rolls, new instances or whatsoever. Those free rolls don't really help if people drop out before they reach level 150. And not everyone has time to play 24/7 and reach 150 in a day or so, some actually takes weeks, and these are normal casual players who actually have life besides gaming. And the trade restriction will only be applied to dama, wwi, and cube mat (can't remember the name), not going to affect other things. Dragon gears should make you semi-ready for pk, but for PVE farming, it is more than enough, and this will make it easier for new players in their farming process. The idea is to save their time on leveling so that they have more time to farm for ornt, rerolls, etc.
This may be helpful:
Remove tradability of dama, wwi, and cube mat from ATM while making ATM happen more frequent. This will speed up the process of getting enough mats to make orn for new players and everyone. (already added this to suggestion 3)
bs abt the it takes time to reach lvl 150
it took abt 4hous to reach 150 on my barb all i did was gear it n repeat runs
 Runs 3-4mins for ha classes
sin/ea 5-7
mages like 10
jopaer/Mercenary

Offline Bernie Sanders

• Moderated
Not sure why people are not supporting this. The top 1% of the top 10% earn 90% of all income. It's time for a revolution. Wealth re-distribution to the middle class is what we're talking about here. This would increase the velocity of money and more people would stick around. Thus increasing the player base and creating an active and thriving pvp server.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Dragon armor is nonfactor armor. Personally, it makes no sense to me that new players must farm for non factor armor so that they can farm for a higher tier of non factor armor and then finally farm r8.  ??? Also, if its so easy to lvl 150 (4 hours of spamming the same thing) then why bother to forcing people to begin with, its just tedious and annoying at that point. Not fun or earned, just repetitive and time wasting.

Tbh this is the greediest playerbase ive ever played with, they dont want improvment or streamlined systems because they had to get their armor and levels through a flawed drawn out system, and therefore want everyone else to go through the same.

(I had to waste 4 hours so you do too! HAHA!) (I had to farm my dragon armor when it was the meta factor armor so you do too when its just placeholding trash HAHA!)

Its just all so petty, dont fight improvment because you feel cheated, encourage it so nobody else is.
Last Edit: Mar 19, 2016, 06:19 pm by Mizore
Despite low support, part of the suggestions (nerfing ATM rewards) has been implemented.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Despite low support, part of the suggestions (nerfing ATM rewards) has been implemented.
ya thats not gonna help any new player
ya thats not gonna help any new player
Nope, the latest patch is giving generosity to everyone, while fixing the economy. 

Offline Passerine

• Spectrum Genesis
  • ♥ SSSniperWolf ♥
  • Characters: Passerine
  • Faction: Apollumi
Yes this would be awesome
AWEEEOOOMEEEEE

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I'm gonna lock it, because I don't like suggestion 1 & 2 a lot and the third one was partly done, as much as it could be to balance things out and attempt to make it better for players who don't make army of alts.