Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: May 11, 2016, 12:29 am

Suggestions to increase new players

kitty stew

wonder if op can take a hint this time

-1 to all 3

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
-1 to all 3.... system is good as it is
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Arrow

• Oliver Queen
  • First they laugh then they copy.
  • Characters: Arrow
I don´t see any decisive argument against 1 & 2. All those that vote against it don´t know how hard it actually is to start without gear/help of other players. But the result of the survey will denie the suggestion because the forum mainly represents the opinion of established players. Most of the new players aren´t even registered. In this case GMs should act like a strong government and just introduce newbie help.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
I don´t see any decisive argument against 1 & 2. All those that vote against it don´t know how hard it actually is to start without gear/help of other players. But the result of the survey will denie the suggestion because the forum mainly represents the opinion of established players. Most of the new players aren´t even registered. In this case GMs should act like a strong government and just introduce newbie help.
Your post is opinionated too. Also, I got geared up in almost no time at all with very little help. It's really not that difficult if you spend time doing it. As for obtaining really good stats... that comes down to luck and players knowing how to easily obtain EC/Dama (for spamming rerolls). The only major problem I've noticed with new people is that they have almost no damn clue what they are doing. Perhaps we should create a questbox that explains the core things (Rolling, Skills, Leveling, Gear, ect) to them at the start of the game?
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 12:57 pm by Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

cevans1290

We all know 3 will not happen.
If we get 1 without the others, server is ***ed actually lol.
Infinite alts for ares, infinite money on saturdays (technically, just alot if you want to be a dick and be specific)

Two, I have like 40 sets of dragon on my alts. I paid for them, didn't get it given for free. Give the new players Primal for free. 

kitty stew

some of us know it was much harder back in 2012 to get to 150 and get geared than today

newbies today have it way waaaaay easier today than we did

and the poll speaks loudly about one thing -- mmorpgs are games of progression, people tend not to like working their ass off for things and others being handed it for free

you, op, and the extreme minority of posters are worried more about -theoretical- new players these ideas might bring, while simultaneously flipping the bird both to existing players and experienced players.. that never works out in the end, just like this "feel the bern" like idea of giving people free shit for nothing

Agatio I'm sure understands it quite well
some of us know it was much harder back in 2012 to get to 150 and get geared than today

and the poll speaks loudly about one thing -- mmorpgs are games of progression, people tend not to like working their ass off for things and others being handed it for free

you, op, and the extreme minority of posters are worried more about -theoretical- new players these ideas might bring, while simultaneously flipping the bird both to existing players and experienced players.. that never works out in the end, just like this "feel the bern" like idea of giving people free shit for nothing

Not sure what you mean when you say "others being handled it for free". The fear of most of the posters is more like it will be no longer easy to get mats with suggestion 3. How is it letting new players get free stuffs? Of course they have to work for it, everyone has to. In fact, it will be slightly harder with trade restriction on ares, trials and morai. But since they will be insta 150 with dragon sets, so the increase in farming difficult is there to balance things out. It will not do harm to the economy. 

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
-1 to everything. That would make this server way too easy and fast. Imo things are obtained too fast as it is on this server. I wish this server was harder and took longer to get things. Any things. Gear, mounts, mats, everything. I can't tell you how many times I've re-rolled a toon, just because maybe I've gotten bored of the name. Don't bother renaming it because then what would I have to do? Re-making a brand new toon at least gives me something to do.

I agree with most of what you said, but I think the intent is to not have us stay in the "leveling phase" too long anyway - so yeah getting through that is fast. Instant 150 isn't the way to go though.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline ܣᏁᎧᏉܣ

• The Author
  • They are not strong, you are just too weak...
  • Characters: Fadlazzz
I think things are pretty good as it is atm.  well, I kinda agree about giving some sorts of newbie sets, (Nirvanna will do), to make new players be able to do PV, Cos the hardest part of leveling if you are a newbie are, mobs hits you hard without a decent gear, and its rare to see people do PV nowadays.

Offline Talent

• Gifted
  • There's someone who cares..
  • Characters: Talent
I was once a newbie here and survived. Well,  if people really like to try this game they'll put some effort to gear up and also asking to other players will help too. I don't think all players here are snob and moody like *insert name here*.  :P

And btw,  doing some PVE sometimes can add spice to your gameplay. :-[

So i must say -1. 

kitty stew

Not sure what you mean when you say "others being handled it for free". The fear of most of the posters is more like it will be no longer easy to get mats with suggestion 3. How is it letting new players get free stuffs? Of course they have to work for it, everyone has to. In fact, it will be slightly harder with trade restriction on ares, trials and morai. But since they will be insta 150 with dragon sets, so the increase in farming difficult is there to balance things out. It will not do harm to the economy.
lol     

Offline 「ĐoYouMind」

• Forum Lurk Pro.
  • Please try again.
  • Characters: N/A
  • Faction: N/A
Objectives:
1. Attract more new players
2. Fix the economy and resources allocation

Suggestion:
1. Make all toons level 150 upon creation
2. Replace level 110 starter sets with level 150 dragon sets
3. Make mats obtained from Ares, Morai and Trials untradable, but also making Ares, Morai, and Trials happen more frequently

Why it works?
1. Save time on leveling and full time on gears - prevent drop outs before reaching level 150
2. Semi pk-ready immediately (with dragon sets) - possible to do random pk and meet existing players and get to know how pk works in this server, instead of hiding in PV doing pointless runs for days or even weeks (retaining interest and motivation)
1. Nope. I personally see this as a "Lets make it a PVP server". I'm good.
2. Nope. Let them work for their gear. You don't want this game to be too damn easy or no one will want to do shit.
3. No. I'm good.

I, personally, think that all three of these would kill the game. It's not as populated as it used to be and players are getting bored, which is true. But making the game easy as shit is not going to solve anything. It is going to teach them that they don't have to work to get what they want. People farm for their dragon sets and mats. It keeps the game semi active...I would completely quit if this was ever implemented.

Not only that, but believe it or not this server has quite a few PVE dedicated players. What about them? They would then be forced to sit around. Some like to grind 110-150...I think it should be a little harder but that's just me. This game has become way too easy. :D My post for the day; take care.
Last Edit: Mar 13, 2016, 11:10 pm by 「ĐoYouMind」, Reason: eta2
Hello.

Offline ▽Astrid

• Old Player
  • Characters: Astrid
  • Faction: Artifex
so many essays ,but plain -1 bc of obvious reasons  :(

Offline 🆒Nat

• Just tryna be me 😎
  • Only God can judge me
  • Characters: GodezzOfWar

Very well written piece...  :)

TY ChocolateMama for my Drago❤

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
Simply the best, I'm better than all the rest!