Voting closed: May 11, 2016, 12:29 am

Suggestions to increase new players

Objectives:
1. Attract more new players
2. Fix the economy and resources allocation

Suggestion:
1. Make all toons level 150 upon creation
2. Replace level 110 starter sets with level 150 dragon sets
3. Make mats obtained from Ares, Morai and Trials untradable, but also making Ares, Morai, and Trials happen more frequently

Why it works?
1. Save time on leveling and full time on gears - prevent drop outs before reaching level 150
2. Semi pk-ready immediately (with dragon sets) - possible to do random pk and meet existing players and get to know how pk works in this server, instead of hiding in PV doing pointless runs for days or even weeks (retaining interest and motivation)

That's for Objective 1.

Objective 2 is a continuation of Objective 1; because there are concerns about alts abuse with this suggestion.
IF YOU THINK ALT ABUSE IS NOT A CONCERN, YOU CAN IGNORE THIS OBJECTIVE AND VOTE YES FOR SUGGESTION 1 AND 2.
Keep in mind: Alt farming is something allowed by this server (look at Ares, trials, morai, etc)

Just simple assumptions:
Assuming currently 50% of the total mats supply in the server come from Ares, Morai and Trials (that's absolutelyy over-estimated but just for simplicity stick with it for now), which means another 50% come from ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF ARES, MORAI, AND TRIALS (donations, events, WS, NW, BH, etc) . With suggestion 3, the 50% mats supply from Ares, Trials, Morai (ATM) are not cut at all, people still get their mats, but the only restriction is they are untradable. Therefore, it is wrong to say this suggestion reduces the mats supply. But it does restrict some 50% of the resources from moving to another hands (trading) which will consolidate the resources to the existing players who already built their wealth here, and these people are the main source of the demands (new players can't afford those within short time period), and they will push the price higher.

It's is true that either way there is no fast way for new players to get the mats within short time period, but this suggestion will at least fix some of the existing problems and reduce the economic gap between new and existing players. This suggestion will destroy against those who rely on farming mats from ATM (Ares, Trials, Morai), but it does less impact to those who farm from ANY OTHER INSTANCES. The reason why ATM are targeted is because they are easy money machine, as compared to other instances which require slightly more time and work.

P.S 50% in the scenario is definitely overestimated, so the actual % is lower, and therefore the impact will be even smaller than you might think.
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 04:00 am by IDuKnow

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran

Offline Deathpuddle

• Sin With A Mouth
  • It's like riding a bike or severe childhood trauma, you never really lose it.
  • Characters: Deadpool
  • Faction: Ass4Hire
Anyone that -1 relies on a hundred alts at ares

Offline Deathpuddle

• Sin With A Mouth
  • It's like riding a bike or severe childhood trauma, you never really lose it.
  • Characters: Deadpool
  • Faction: Ass4Hire
nig needs a yes for option 1 + 3

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
-1 people will just make many insta 150 toons and do daily check in and get large amounts of ETs ;)
+1 for suggestion 2

Offline ❀🌹 Nia 🌹❀

• ❤ мιℓαη'ѕ ❤
  • ι ℓσνє αя¢ну
  • Characters: ηια
  • Faction: туяαηтѕ gσ∂∂єѕѕ єρ
-1 people will just make many insta 150 toons and do daily check in and get large amounts of ETs ;)
+1 for suggestion 2
 ^                        
★ ☆ мιℓαη ιѕ му єνєяутнιηg ☆ ★[/color][/center]
✿ тнαηк уσυ ѕιѕ ƒσя тнє ℓσνєℓу αят ✿ 
❤ ♥ αя¢ну'ѕ ♥ ❤
❂ ρ.ѕ. - αя¢ну αкα ραρι ωαѕ нєяє ❂

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
If insta 150, I demand a refund on all of my SLS I used to level my alts.
Stop travelling in squads of 3-4 end game players and killing random people out of sz... People might actually leave sz again.. 

I can't remember what the scenarios are so +1 to good ideas 

Offline Manu

• ★Nin Nin★
  • Characters: SelfishFreak
1)-1
2)+1(why not)
3)waste of time.
explanation of 3:about ares and morai doesnt matter,cause u can just make et,st and even ec into damas and can still be tradeable then.
but imo i think its a dead end cause,for example ancient emblems and universe chests should be tradeable in case someone wanna sell them.
also same thing for trials,if stuff are untradeable,u basically gonna do trials just to gear up.its gonna be 1 way less to make ec.
on topic:i voted dont know tho.
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 03:05 am by Manu

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
You are focusing on the idea that mats get kept
With the way it is now someone can grind ns/events and buy an already crafted warsong belt OR get the mats from people for prices around 70-80ec each
Considering you need 80 wwi for belt, it would be fairly unfair to get people to play so mch time (even if filling your account with 8 toons lvl 150) in order to get it
2months and a half for a belt
Nah
As for lvl 150, no
Not every newcommer is able to open 15+ clients so he abuses events even tho is an old game 
Best solution is to add a way for people to grind after level 150
You get lvl 150 in 1day or so
You can get dragon armor the next day(or free coz i like ur dragon gear suggestion but would make existing sets lower lvl useless so nah- maybe nirvana armor, that would be better)
All you actually need is pure epic coins, golds , primal bloods and knowledge of how and each thing farms/is acquired
Aga said he considers free rolls daily/weekly in other thread
All needed now is a weekly/monthly instance or a place to farm which cant be abused with alts and to give good damascene rewards over time (or epic coins)
Such as
Weekly being able to get 400damascene from gv
Each run would be giving 2500epic coins (each boss giving 150epic coins until last 3that give 500 each in quest)
Something has to be done to bring epic coins on market, so new people can get EC, reshapes and damas are their later concern when all ornaments, weapons, tomes , cards etc go for ec
I agree something has to be doen to help new people, removing leveling or such not rlly
As for dragon armor given to people, sure, once they reach lvl 150
Them being able to wear it at low levels? Nah
Give them nirvana rather so existing sets arent useless
They wont pvp without orns anyway (1/2shotable)
You are focusing on the idea that mats get kept
With the way it is now someone can grind ns/events and buy an already crafted warsong belt OR get the mats from people for prices around 70-80ec each
Considering you need 80 wwi for belt, it would be fairly unfair to get people to play so mch time (even if filling your account with 8 toons lvl 150) in order to get it
2months and a half for a belt
Nah
As for lvl 150, no
Not every newcommer is able to open 15+ clients so he abuses events even tho is an old game
Best solution is to add a way for people to grind after level 150
You get lvl 150 in 1day or so
You can get dragon armor the next day(or free coz i like ur dragon gear suggestion but would make existing sets lower lvl useless so nah- maybe nirvana armor, that would be better)
All you actually need is pure epic coins, golds , primal bloods and knowledge of how and each thing farms/is acquired
Aga said he considers free rolls daily/weekly in other thread
All needed now is a weekly/monthly instance or a place to farm which cant be abused with alts and to give good damascene rewards over time (or epic coins)
Such as
Weekly being able to get 400damascene from gv
Each run would be giving 2500epic coins (each boss giving 150epic coins until last 3that give 500 each in quest)
Something has to be done to bring epic coins on market, so new people can get EC, reshapes and damas are their later concern when all ornaments, weapons, tomes , cards etc go for ec
I agree something has to be doen to help new people, removing leveling or such not rlly
As for dragon armor given to people, sure, once they reach lvl 150
Them being able to wear it at low levels? Nah
Give them nirvana rather so existing sets arent useless
They wont pvp without orns anyway (1/2shotable)
With these suggestions implemented, there is no need for additional free rolls, new instances or whatsoever. Those free rolls don't really help if people drop out before they reach level 150. And not everyone has time to play 24/7 and reach 150 in a day or so, some actually takes weeks, and these are normal casual players who actually have life besides gaming. And the trade restriction will only be applied to dama, wwi, and cube mat (can't remember the name), not going to affect other things. Dragon gears should make you semi-ready for pk, but for PVE farming, it is more than enough, and this will make it easier for new players in their farming process. The idea is to save their time on leveling so that they have more time to farm for ornt, rerolls, etc.
This may be helpful:
Remove tradability of dama, wwi, and cube mat from ATM while making ATM happen more frequent. This will speed up the process of getting enough mats to make orn for new players and everyone. (already added this to suggestion 3)
Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 03:59 am by IDuKnow

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
With these suggestions implemented, there is no need for additional free rolls, new instances or whatsoever. Those free rolls don't really help if people drop out before they reach level 150. And not everyone has time to play 24/7 and reach 150 in a day or so, some actually takes weeks, and these are normal casual players who actually have life besides gaming. And the trade restriction will only be applied to dama, wwi, and cube mat (can't remember the name), not going to affect other things. Dragon gears should make you semi-ready for pk, but for PVE farming, it is more than enough, and this will make it easier for new players in their farming process. The idea is to save their time on leveling so that they have more time to farm for ornt, rerolls, etc.
"Restricting dama wwi etc" 
That makes ws belt acquirable in 80 weeks with 1 toon or 10 with a full acc stashable account
Nope
Anyhow , level 150 is acquirable in 4h ...
So if they are actually playing the game (1h) in 1week they r leveled dragon geared already
As for rolls, you really believe people will not need
Making mats untradeble isnt ok unless you do it for stuff like trials(create new mat there so trials arent farmed with alts and ONLY as a guild event)
Js
Check other solutions aswell, yours removes just 3-4days of farming and lets them struggle afterwards
Other rewards give them time to level to 150 while getting a certain 150set at end then knowing they can do something solo in order to gear up in like 1month for pk
400dama x3weeks (1 for lvling) means 30k ec, that is 1ws belt, 1 ds neck , both 20stat engraved and rings tome etc + 100reshapes + the daily free ones aga considered adding
If anything, make trials mats untradeble and replace with other item for reshapes (so people cant exchange for seals) and call it a day

Offline Manu

• ★Nin Nin★
  • Characters: SelfishFreak
Dragon gears should make you semi-ready for pk, but for PVE farming, it is more than enough, and this will make it easier for new players in their farming process. The idea is to save their time on leveling so that they have more time to farm for ornt, rerolls, etc.
pve is pve.if they are so bored to level a char to 150,for sure they gonna be more bored to farm their ornas.

Offline Grimmy

• Lurker
  • The best things happen in the dark
-1 to everything. That would make this server way too easy and fast. Imo things are obtained too fast as it is on this server. I wish this server was harder and took longer to get things. Any things. Gear, mounts, mats, everything. I can't tell you how many times I've re-rolled a toon, just because maybe I've gotten bored of the name. Don't bother renaming it because then what would I have to do? Re-making a brand new toon at least gives me something to do.

Avy by 🌠Habits / Siggy by ßlith♡

Offline TweedleDum

• Ay Mami
  • elelellelelelel
alt farming is allowed to bridge the gap between donators and non-donators. you can stuff your wallet into the screen or work your ass off to farm, so the untradeable thing is sorta a bad idea.
Maybe a new custom mat (not sure if someone suggested it before) which could be used for rerolling and which wasn't tradable could be used as a substitute for the event token maybe but leave the ec and wwi/cog alone.
this new custom mat could also be substituted in trials to reduce 10+ client spam.

your kungfu is goot