Epic Perfect World

The hype of the game

Offline Areashi

• Banned
That's not completely true. As an old pwi player who never spent a penny on gear, I managed to become endgame. The thing about PWI as a PvE server is that you CAN farm gear, but it requires blood, sweat, and tears to achieve. Here, it doesn't. I believe that's why you find so many people staying in official so much longer. The gap between starting and end-game is ridiculous, as compared to here where it would take months to achieve decent r8. Oh, and about squads... when I was gearing up finding squads and supportive factions was easy. Then again, for a lone player it would probably suck, but pwi's intentions is to force teamwork. Well.... Outside of cash shopping your gear that is.
Yes it is. You think that 1-2 people who farmed r9 accounts for 99% of the server's population.

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
Just add unbinding g 
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

kitty stew

That's not completely true. As an old pwi player who never spent a penny on gear, I managed to become endgame. You CAN farm amazing gear, but it requires blood, sweat, and tears to achieve. Here, it doesn't. I believe that's why you find so many people staying in official so much longer. The gap between starting and end-game is ridiculous, as compared to here where it would take months to achieve decent r8. Oh, and about squads... when I was gearing up finding squads and supportive factions was easy. Then again, for a lone player it would probably suck, but pwi's intentions is to force teamwork. Well.... Outside of cash shopping your gear that is. I do agree with your points, and I myself have had "ENOUGH" PvE to last a lifetime.... Even makes playing other mmo's difficult now. I mean, in the end... Private servers don't last very long for the primary reason that we exist(the irony). We pump out player after player handing them more than pwi ever would. Epw imo has lasted this long because it always had something left to achieve, and would still require effort... But eventually, all private servers will fail eventually for the one thing that spawned the creation of them. The want for things much faster.

people stayed on official longer because they invested truckloads of money and their mindset was about not abandoning their investment they can't get any return on if they abandon the server

simple farming here gets one leaps and bounds further than it ever could in pwi..  it does not take much to get very good gear here so the idea that we need things even easier is horse shit 

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar

people stayed on official longer because they invested truckloads of money and their mindset was about not abandoning their investment they can't get any return on if they abandon the server

simple farming here gets one leaps and bounds further than it ever could in pwi..  it does not take much to get very good gear here so the idea that we need things even easier is horse shit
Honestly i think quite a good amount of the ppl that play pwi doesnt even know that private servers exist and that they can have similar gameplay way cheaper on a private server. Another reason ppl stay on pwi is they dont wanna leave their friends...
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

infernchidhu

Meh, i had full rank 9 +12 josd in pwi and quit that shet, at the time it was maxed gear to play vendetta where everyone was same geared and had 2000 people online in peak US timezone, it is just sad that no one makes a server like vendetta ( before bash turned into a money hungry bich ), imo, it is still possible to get 1k people online at peak EU/US timezone, if the right things are done, especially right now, with this giant void of viable servers

Offline Ormin

It's more than just rolls. It's the community. There's no point rolling stats to pk when the "pk" isn't even any fun at this point, and before you say "What about all the pve'rs?"... Well if I wanted to only PvE I'd have stayed in official.

Another reason is our lives, which always take priority over games. These times are difficult and we will always find ourselves busier than we should be. Most of us just don't want to dedicate our time to this game, and would rather use it on something worthwhile... Like securing success in the future.

Besides, I quit this game for that exact reason. At this point, I just look occasionally at the forums to see the nolifers still complaining and insulting others, while building their ego's because they have nothing in life going for them. Keeps me entertained during my college classes.
One thing you explained well and thanks for that.
You didn't quit the server, you quit the game.
It is probably the reason for high percentage of others too.
Makes sense. PWI had to merge servers to avoid ghost towns.
So, if you leave the game, rerolling becomes irrelevant.
People will try for some time, get nothing, and leave.
Leave server, or leave the game, doesn't matter now.

Offline Sly_Man

Newer generations have lower percentage of gambling addiction,
because more and more people know that the house always win.
"You're mine" - he said, put ring on her finger and took her home. Naked. Forever.

Offline Dustin

• Old Player
Newer generations have lower percentage of gambling addiction,
because more and more people know that the house always win.
besides when you win, then the house doesnt win