Epic Perfect World

The hype of the game

Opulence

There is only so much they can do without having the new content openly available. 
It just seems pointless to keep adding things w/minimal stats etc. Like others have said it would be 1-2 days farming and then completed - which doesn't really solve the problem. 

The only thing I can think of is making more exclusive content that is farmable, but requires a large amount of farming. It could also be made tradable, so people who don't wish to farm can put their millions of ec somewhere.

It doesn't boost anyone and is just strictly aesthetic. Whether that be exclusive armour fash (not trying to take away those that won the pk tournament), other detailed normal fashion, weapon skins with new animations etc etc. It doesn't even have to rely on Echo to make, we've seen quite a few members of the server who take the time to make awesome stuff. Everyone is crazy about the fashion patches anyways lmao.

Idk that's all I got for ideas that would keep some people occupied ...
 8)

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
Way to make people never login again

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Or if you don't like it stop logging on and find another game? 1 game was never meant to entertain you for over 50k hours. Only a select few of games have ever been able to do that.
Last Edit: Mar 06, 2016, 01:25 pm by Agatio

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
lola I hit a nerve, more fashion to please the community guys please ( end game content)
i feel like i'm dead

OmegaRa

Ladies got no come back when real men talk.

GM Please do your best to keep server balanced you can do it :-)

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
I'm not sure what constitutes as dead/dying game. I'm logged into the game right now, and chat is scrolling at the speed of light, and everyone and their dead ancestors is lagging my damn game up in Lost City. No one in chat is bitching about anything, except "tryhards" and people joking about wins/losses in pvp.. I was in Morai yesterday, and people were flooding in for the PVP event. Never done nation wars.. and Obviously TW is ever so alive, otherwise no one would be doing them. I guess by "dead" it's really "my close friends have stopped playing". THAT right there I can understand. Having friends make or break an MMO.

And while you're all banking on the idea that the new classes will "breathe life in the game", you'd be right, however it's only temporary. It's ALWAYS temporary. You're asking for the world from him that he can't give you.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
I'm not sure what constitutes as dead/dying game. I'm logged into the game right now, and chat is scrolling at the speed of light, and everyone and their dead ancestors is lagging my damn game up in Lost City. No one in chat is bitching about anything, except "tryhards" and people joking about wins/losses in pvp.. I was in Morai yesterday, and people were flooding in for the PVP event. Never done nation wars.. and Obviously TW is ever so alive, otherwise no one would be doing them. I guess by "dead" it's really "my close friends have stopped playing". THAT right there I can understand. Having friends make or break an MMO.

And while you're all banking on the idea that the new classes will "breathe life in the game", you'd be right, however it's only temporary. It's ALWAYS temporary.
nah its just a bunch of cry babies upset they cant signet war to win pk, IMO game never been more alive, people don't feel the stress and annoyance of having to log for scheduled 3h shit pks and they log to just do w/e they want, Asian timezone pks are thousand times better , sometimes they even happen during EU tz peak if you can't log in mornings
i feel like i'm dead

Kappa1

nah its just a bunch of cry babies upset they cant signet war to win pk, IMO game never been more alive, people don't feel the stress and annoyance of having to log for scheduled 3h shit pks and they log to just do w/e they want, Asian timezone pks are thousand times better , sometimes they even happen during EU tz peak if you can't log in mornings
yah this

kitty stew

I'm not sure what constitutes as dead/dying game. I'm logged into the game right now, and chat is scrolling at the speed of light, and everyone and their dead ancestors is lagging my damn game up in Lost City. No one in chat is bitching about anything, except "tryhards" and people joking about wins/losses in pvp.. I was in Morai yesterday, and people were flooding in for the PVP event. Never done nation wars.. and Obviously TW is ever so alive, otherwise no one would be doing them. I guess by "dead" it's really "my close friends have stopped playing". THAT right there I can understand. Having friends make or break an MMO. And while you're all banking on the idea that the new classes will "breathe life in the game", you'd be right, however it's only temporary. It's ALWAYS temporary. You're asking for the world from him that he can't give you.
there were periods 2015 and 14 during boom that nw pop for example was 90-110

obviously the people claiming server is dead werent here when cities were literally empty cuz of main map crashes, constant nw crashes, and constant server probs w/DDOS attacks

just nod your head to them and let them move on to another game (they need some reassurance that their boredom is due to the game instead of reality which is due to themselves), this one is going to be here for at least a few years more

Offline Yuko

• Boy bye.
  • Bora do Pk
  • Characters: Yuko
It is not epic pw or other game fault , this is an old game where people start playing it with 12-15 years old , it's been like 8+ years that people play this , they have lifes. They start being unactive because they have to study hard in school , and others have to work. Epic PW been like this since i've joined it , 2-3 years ago. And gear never changed , that is because people worked really hard and donated to get all this good stats in their gear, if GM's make new gear just because some people suggest , most of them would rage quit and leave server. 

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
MMORPGs in general are. Grindy pieces of shit with unbalanced pvp
Yeah, pretty much this. If good ones like WoW, RS, EVE, SWTOR, etc.. are dying, then PWI can't be saved, and it's only a matter of time for private servers to go dead.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Yeah, pretty much this. If good ones like WoW, RS, EVE, SWTOR, etc.. are dying, then PWI can't be saved, and it's only a matter of time for private servers to go dead.

Wouldn't necessarily say MMORPGs are dying, just better ones are coming out.

Offline Twilight Sky

• Last Pureblooded ß-type
I wouldn't say better. Just more WoW copies.
Talaria - Assassin
Lenette - Stormbringer

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
I wouldn't say better. Just more WoW copies.
Far from being "just" WoW copies.
WoW had it's time to shine, it was way back in Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

We are coming to an age of unreal engines or companies making their own engines.
It is a no brainer that a game that feels immersive will attract a bigger audience.
Look at the market today, Blade and Soul, Overwatch, Black Desert, Nosgoth, Tera, Paragon, to name a few.
Add a couple unique mechanics, and you're all set.
Nowdays the market is tight. 
There are way more games on the market nowdays than there used to be, and not only that, there are more platforms which can be used which causes the player base to split. 

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
Wouldn't necessarily say MMORPGs are dying, just better ones are coming out.

Blade and Soul is already declining, Black Desert flopped, EQN prolly won't come out. GW2 game designer retired after a flopped expansion. I think it's pretty obvious that MMORPGs won't survive the next decade. Remember when jumping games like Mario used to be everywhere? Devs moved to shooters because jump n runs died. Same will happen with MMORPGs but devs will move to mobas or competitive shooters because esports is booming right now.