Epic Perfect World

Endgame tome(s) idea

Offline Myu

I just wanted to throw out a suggestion for maybe lvl 7 or maybe even better level 8 tomes having +1/2 range on them. I'm sure I speak for most melee classes the annoyances of mobs moving because your minute attack range causes them to back up a bit because you're too close. I know not all realize this problem is 95% of the time solved by the tiny boost in attack range.

Used to be an r9 sin on pwi, and that +2 range on the daggers is the most amazing thing about them. So many attacks wasted taking 1 step to get back into range of a target(s) without it. +1 might be the best because 2.5+2 melee skills seems to have a longer reach than skills with 4.5 range.

I'm still new and don't know how things are balanced yet but I just wanted to throw it out there.  ^-^

Offline Hurricaine

• Maelstrom Director
I  actually  would  love to  see  "something end  game"  that  would  make  all these  darn runners a  tad  easier.. I've  never  noticed  this  before  all my  PWI  classes  were  mages... Here I  absolutely  hate Moria  on my  melees cause alls I  do  is  wait  for  cd's  and  chase  crap... LOL would  be  kinda cool  to see an option to correct that a  bit!

Offline Syke

I  actually  would  love to  see  "something end  game"  that  would  make  all these  darn runners a  tad  easier.. I've  never  noticed  this  before  all my  PWI  classes  were  mages... Here I  absolutely  hate Moria  on my  melees cause alls I  do  is  wait  for  cd's  and  chase  crap... LOL would  be  kinda cool  to see an option to correct that a  bit!

Stun lock.

Scylla

And in PvP increased range would *** all magic classes over. GG.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
that  would  make  all these  darn runners a  tad  easier..

If by runners ur speaking in terms of PvP, its called kiting, and it takes skill to use it efficiently and effectively.

otherwise, ignore this msg. o.o
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline BlueRose

• Anime, Whatelse?
Stun lock.

Then she/he uses a pill, runs, stuns, kills, gg

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Then she/he uses a pill, runs, stuns, kills, gg

if you know what he/she is going to do, then just figure out a way to counter it, :p
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline BlueRose

• Anime, Whatelse?
if you know what he/she is going to do, then just figure out a way to counter it, :p

Use anti stun *pill*, run to him/her, stun, attack, stun, attck.. gg dead xDDD

Offline Myu

I think you guys are missing the point and seem to be uneducated in +range. One I'm talking about mobs. Second 1 meter is not a lot of range at all and can't be stacked if its only on a tome (And some weapons). And lastly + range can only be applied to base attack and skills that say Range ranged/melee. Skills that have Range xx.x meters on them aren't increased by this bonus. The most someone could probably hope to achieve is +3 range, archers get more than that just going sage.

+1 range would only put melee classes base attack at the same range as their melee ranged skills that have range 4.5m, the 4.5m skill would still be 4.5m. There's no real increased threat pvp.

Offline Syke

I think you guys are missing the point and seem to be uneducated in +range. One I'm talking about mobs. Second 1 meter is not a lot of range at all and can't be stacked if its only on a tome (And some weapons). And lastly + range can only be applied to base attack and skills that say Range ranged/melee. Skills that have Range xx.x meters on them aren't increased by this bonus. The most someone could probably hope to achieve is +3 range, archers get more than that just going sage.

+1 range would only put melee classes base attack at the same range as their melee ranged skills that have range 4.5m, the 4.5m skill would still be 4.5m. There's no real increased threat pvp.

Uneducated, ha. You obviously don't understand how much more deadly a good BM, seeker, sin, barb and archer would be with even +1 more range. They are already 5.0 (excluding archers, seekers and barbs), sheesh.

Offline wp

Mobs arent exactly hard to kill here; game shouldnt be balanced around pve.
+1 meter range is a lot; if you fight a bm/wb with +3 range on axes or multiple range adds on r8 recast, up to +6 range. thats such a long reach for axe stuns/swing already, nn extra on tomes

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
ok...imagine a bm with a pike that when you use demon farstrike your range is near that of casters....add even more range and yer talking the chance to get purged at a distance a caster would feel safe from any melee class.  All more range to anyone would cause is an advantage to people who will take the time to stack these range bonuses to get ahead of everyone else.

Offline Myu

ok...imagine a bm with a pike that when you use demon farstrike your range is near that of casters....add even more range and yer talking the chance to get purged at a distance a caster would feel safe from any melee class.  All more range to anyone would cause is an advantage to people who will take the time to stack these range bonuses to get ahead of everyone else.
You're not reading. Farstrike is unaffected by + range because it has a fixed range. +range can only affect base attack and skills where range says "Melee" or "Ranged attack"

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Exactly. +10

Thats why i change my fighting style frequently in battle
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine