Epic Perfect World

Gear Suggestion

Hi All,

Just a thought on how to balance the classes a little more. Why don't we implement r9 gear and when making you can choose to either roll a defensive r9 set for support/cata classes or you can roll an attack set for DD classes with maybe the option to change for those indecisive people like myself out there. As one person that's pretty happy with a lot of the r8 pieces i have i'd be a little sad to see it go, especially my barbs defence gear. However, it would stop people switching between two different gear types apart from cards and ornies i suppose and i believe r9 stats are restricted (correct me if i'm wrong on that) so you wont have people running around with 3x reduce phys/mag on all their gear.

Let me know what you all think :)

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
I think I love you and let the tantrums begin..

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

Angelica

Every new gear possibility will most likely get denied because of the amount of ec some people spent on their r8 gears. Some have tried before, but most were against it
I think I love you and let the tantrums begin..

Well as long as you think you love me... Probably shouldn't of suggested this so soon after the playoffs change since people against that change are going to lose their minds over my suggestion... Oh wells
I spent a 3 years worth of farming on my gear on multiple toons. I love my gear on at least 3 of them. But without progression this game will die out. The world map is a lot emptier since people have moved on for whatever reason. As far as i know r8 was never meant to be the end game gear on this server. 

Offline Jaye

r9 could be a new novelty set.. a nice little ec sink for the people that have the rolls they want already.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
If you were to change r8, it would be the death of the server. Do you not realize how much time, money, and effort went into making those stats? It's not those stats that are the problem, it's the ability to switch between 14 pieces in 1 second. Not only that but the economy would fall into shambles... And you must not understand just how stupid and unbalanced r9 is. It's why it's not here.... 

Anyways... Doesn't matter... This would NEVER happen.
"My honor is my loyalty

refund me 100k damas please
Make like frozen and let it go.. What's done is done. You spent that amount of Damas and you've got your moneys worth. You're one of the biggest advocates for changing gear albeit just the dragon cape to try and end people camping defence. Why are you against this suggestion? Because you spent time and effort trying to max out your gear. A new set of gear comes out and you'll have to spend more time and more effort improving that. Sounds like a reason for people to be on game to me.

Angelica

Make like frozen and let it go.. What's done is done. You spent that amount of Damas and you've got your moneys worth. You're one of the biggest advocates for changing gear albeit just the dragon cape to try and end people camping defence. Why are you against this suggestion? Because you spent time and effort trying to max out your gear. A new set of gear comes out and you'll have to spend more time and more effort improving that. Sounds like a reason for people to be on game to me.
Not really because most people aren't on this server just to have to work on their gears all the time. They perfect their gears (and some have worked a long time on their gears) to be finally able to play with the stats they want to in pvp, not to have it changed a year of farm later
If you were to change r8, it would be the death of the server. Do you not realize how much time, money, and effort went into making those stats? It's not those stats that are the problem, it's the ability to switch between 14 pieces in 1 second. Not only that but the economy would fall into shambles... And you must not understand just how stupid and unbalanced r9 is. It's why it's not here....

Anyways... Doesn't matter... This would NEVER happen.
Just saying, nothing is going to be done about the gear switching. There is literally no point mentioning it since majority of the "good" players use it. And balance the r9. Change the stats suited to the classes. If everyone is in r9 gear that has set stats based on class then the server will actually be about classes strengths and weaknesses not about gear.

Offline Jaye

Offline Gemini

• Retired Staff Member
  • ⚜ Bookworm ⚜
  • #Courtney♥♥Ansh♥*~#413x7p3kp3k~* ☀ Flowered✿
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Hello,
I feel like i've seen this suggestion just a few days ago. I don't mean to be rude but perhaps next time use the search option we have. That way you'll see how many times this was suggested and also rejected. Only a few want it, but the majority hates the idea.
Of course Agatio could change his mind, but I highly doubt it, since he doesn't want to see all the effort people put into their gear go down the drain.
Not really because most people aren't on this server just to have to work on their gears all the time. They perfect their gears (and some have worked a long time on their gears) to be finally able to play with the stats they want to in pvp, not to have it changed a year of farm later
I understand completely. I've been working constantly on my barb's gear since i started. Is it really so hard to work on another set of gear? This game is meant to be about farming for gear to get to pvp effectively. Currently you have people that can run around in a squad of 2 and easily take out a squad of 5 or 6. Sure it's fun for the 2 but that's 5 or 6 people that stop going out of sz when "OP" people are around. And now we have rarely anyone out of sz compared to how it was a few years back. I'm incredibly attached to my sin, barb and psy's r8 stats but at the end of the day this is a game and it needs to progress before it completely dies out. Give people something to work towards and give new people a reason to come to this server.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Well as long as you think you love me... Probably shouldn't of suggested this so soon after the playoffs change since people against that change are going to lose their minds over my suggestion... Oh wells
its not about people not wanting balance
but r9 as a whole set is way worse
also
adding a new set of gears which would surpass what we have at this point will cause a huge loss of players, oposite of what every1 wants to do, make pvp more enjoyable /increase or keep the activity
suggestions have been made regarding balance and were voted by majority as good changes , at this point is all up to the new patch which will bring 'pvp changes'