Epic Perfect World

New Voting System

Lulu

Offline TweedleDum

• Ay Mami
  • elelellelelelel
Prejudiced comments aside , and I'm pretty fine just the way it already is

Its not completely a bad idea, but 500 event golds too high maybe a non tradable title(like someone just suggested) would suffice (if its tradable its gonna become another tournament master title drama). Granted it wont be much of a motivator but itll be good enough. [Sorta support this idea more]

OR

(assuming this thread is only about increasing vote count).
A competition to be the top 3 highest voters wont really make many people do it, most would just choose to give up and that wont really increase vote count
 instead
you could treat it in the same way as attendance. Make it so that the record the number of times an account has been used to vote per month and if it passes a certain threshold lets say min 2 times a day so (2x30 days avg = 60 ) 60 times a month, you get a reward like maybe 2-3 ET + somejunk (just like the normal attendance reward)

This suggestion was made with an intention of increasing vote count without overly destabilizing the economy with too much gold, feel free to criticize if I'm wrong somewhere. Altho if the second suggestion is implemented id highly recommend the amount of gold per vote be reduced.

your kungfu is goot

Offline Grimmy

• Lurker
  • The best things happen in the dark
I appreciate that Golden brought this up, but I'm really impressed with DenDen's suggestion. Although I do have to wonder about vote bots. But isn't that why Aga dropped the 3rd vote site we had, because it was too easy to bot?

Either way, whatever Aga chooses to do, I hope he lowers the amount of gold we get per vote >.>
Avy by 🌠Habits / Siggy by ßlith♡

PURGATORY

Prejudiced comments aside , and I'm pretty fine just the way it already is

Its not completely a bad idea, but 500 event golds too high maybe a non tradable title(like someone just suggested) would suffice (if its tradable its gonna become another tournament master title drama). Granted it wont be much of a motivator but itll be good enough. [Sorta support this idea more]

OR

(assuming this thread is only about increasing vote count).
A competition to be the top 3 highest voters wont really make many people do it, most would just choose to give up and that wont really increase vote count
 instead
you could treat it in the same way as attendance. Make it so that the record the number of times an account has been used to vote per month and if it passes a certain threshold lets say min 2 times a day so (2x30 days avg = 60 ) 60 times a month, you get a reward like maybe 2-3 ET + somejunk (just like the normal attendance reward)

This suggestion was made with an intention of increasing vote count without overly destabilizing the economy with too much gold, feel free to criticize if I'm wrong somewhere. Altho if the second suggestion is implemented id highly recommend the amount of gold per vote be reduced.
All in all the reasoning done here seems pure, especially the second option with ETs and junk instead of increasing already high gold cap sounds great. Finally something constructive and not something that would benefit only certain persons, which remains as a discouraging act as stated. 

Offline Brewskie

• IsOnTheLoose
-1 this is stupid 

PURGATORY

I thought EPW's votes would boost so much if we introduced a new voting system. So basically top three people with highest votes win Event Gold for a particular month.

A player can roughly vote three times a day, earning up to 360 Event Gold per month. For example, Alice votes for EPW higher than anyone else, Alex loses to her with a few points and Lily becomes third. Alice would receive 500 Event Gold, Alex 400 and Lily 300.

Having higher votes would attract new players, eventually increasing the amount of online players.

Think it this way. Wouldn't the game be more fun if we had new people playing and posting on forums?

Offline Annikaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Annikaa, Annicaa
  • Faction: Leftovers

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Nah I'm better than you 

Offline Melopan

• Forever Alone
  • Characters: BeepersBaby
  • Faction: WildStorm
I don't really have an opinion on the voting system but I do want to point out how people are being nasty (and a-holes) and saying your suggestion is stupid instead of giving you reasonable information on why it won't work. Ugh, people. Anyway I just wanted to say that ^^ Now fight me.

Goldengate

I don't really have an opinion on the voting system but I do want to point out how people are being nasty (and a-holes) and saying your suggestion is stupid instead of giving you reasonable information on why it won't work. Ugh, people. Anyway I just wanted to say that ^^ Now fight me.
They don't have a life that's why... They only come here to possess their pixel egos...

We need new players. I'm okay with people using voting scripts. The economy is dead anyways...  :-X

Offline Ormin

I thought EPW's votes would boost so much if we introduced a new voting system. So basically top three people with highest votes win Event Gold for a particular month.

A player can roughly vote three times a day, earning up to 360 Event Gold per month. For example, Alice votes for EPW higher than anyone else, Alex loses to her with a few points and Lily becomes third. Alice would receive 500 Event Gold, Alex 400 and Lily 300.

Having higher votes would attract new players, eventually increasing the amount of online players.

Think it this way. Wouldn't the game be more fun if we had new people playing and posting on forums?
We are already far above others on sites where we vote.
The only exception was that site where Abyss paid them for
boost, with crippling others (including us).
Now you can vote 4 times a day, and if you vote each time
it is 480 Gold per month. Plus 16 for 31 day months, or
minus 32 for February.
If you want more gold, wait for more than month to
accumulate. Or donate.
People ARE voting, and they (we) don't need any additional
motivation. Especially competitive motivation which is
working less and less with every new generation.
New generations develop cooperative spirit,
and competitiveness is bit by bit falling behind it.
We vote to make team stronger, not to beat
someone or everyone in it.
(And we will need every atom of cooperative mind
when we expand to space.)
~~~~~
Being number one is the best way to attract new players.
And we are already number one.
They will come when THEY want.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2016, 12:30 am by Ormin

Offline Pattern

• DD Cleric
  • Broken. Shattered into pieces.
  • Characters: Pattern
  • Faction: Factionless

GF dude.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
We need new players. I'm okay with people using voting scripts. The economy is dead anyways...  :-X
Yet you complain about other people's suggestions ruining the economy. But when you suggest anything that might do such a thing, it's suddenly okay?
"My honor is my loyalty

Goldengate

Yet you complain about other people's suggestions ruining the economy. But when you suggest anything that might do such a thing, it's suddenly okay?
When it comes to attracting new players, it is okay... :police:

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
I'm a hypocrite who will use "new players" as an excuse to get things done that "I want".  :police:
Fixed it for you.

Not like it matters in the end.... Everyone here knows that this would never get approved.... Just like all of your suggestions...
"My honor is my loyalty