Epic Perfect World

God's Seal

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
I guess you can consider this as a suggestion... but whatever.

Will the Mystic weapon, God's Seal be ever edited one day to be worth using? I mean, if you ask me, the addon (gaining health + defence) is not worth losing the attack power for Mystics. And for me, I wanted to use it on a cleric, but it's addon is seriously hapless and unworthy for many reasons.

I.E, Defence +6% gives about <500 def on most mag classes.
Def Level +4 isn't that much (tested) if you ask me.

So, this is what my thoughts about the weapon.

Defence addon should be upgraded to 15%, so mag classes who expected a defensive weapon are therefore granted.
Defense Level should be upgraded to +10. Def Level +4 hardly shows any difference.

Well yeah, thats my thoughts and suggestions about the weapon.
I think it's considerably undermined and useless compared to the other weapons (wizard/psychics weapon have crits, clerics channeling, venos full HA build).
I don't know about your opinions about whether it being op or not, but seriously, the weapon needs revamping. No real serious people would use wand as their >main< weapon nowadays.
(Shifting to cleric weapon co-continously does not count).
Last Edit: Nov 16, 2012, 07:41 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
so u want a weapon with 25% defense ?
hows that even fair for other classes?  :rolleyes:

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Will the Mystic weapon, God's Seal be ever edited one day to be worth using? I mean, if you ask me, the addon (gaining health + defence) is not worth losing the attack power for Mystics. And for me, I wanted to use it on a cleric, but it's addon is seriously hapless and unworthy for many reasons.
Defence addon should be upgraded to 15%
I didn't ask for a supreme increase that aa can tank barb zerkcrits. I'm just asking for you to take into consideration that the weapon really is out of value in contrast to the other weapons, and whatever you would do to see fit, PLEASE revamp the weapon to make it worth using.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i dunno if u noticed but wand is the magic weapon with the most damage for mystics...also it have 6% physical defense...i dunno how is it worse than the others  :rolleyes:

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
No, you're looking at my opinion at the wrong way.
Here's the stats for the weapon, God's Seal:
[Medium-Medium damage]
Channeling -10%
Vitality +25
Physical Defense +6%
Def. Level +4
HP: +500

Now, what I'm trying to breach to you is, the defensive stats on the weapon.
All other magic weapons have -10% channeling, wizard and psychic weap has +25 Vitality, clerics have +500 HP.
So that comes down to the two unique stats on this weapon, Phy def addon and def level.

My point is, the 2 stats that would want people to use this weapon for is weak and unworthy to be used in comparison to the other range of magic weapons. You're being misconcluded on what I am trying to ask you to take into considering. I'm just asking for a re-look into the weapon's unique stats and if possible upgrade them, because really in the game ATM no one uses wand weapon anymore because its unique stats are weak and pale to the other range of magic weapons we currently have now.
Last Edit: Nov 16, 2012, 08:52 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
You realize def level are something like 2% of your bade mag/pdef? I may be wrong on the % but its around that mark an Mystics are Op So why are you complaining? A well verse mystic can easily take a psy if she/he knows what skills to use js... stop complaining on a server were you get all these lovely stuff for free! farming your gear isn't that hard just takes a little while but that makes it even more rewarding !

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Oh pliss I nid 2 bi protecktor of epw forums oh pliss
You sir, have clearly no idea of what you're talking about.
This thread is about the weapon God Seal, not how mystics are op, not how you get free items here, nothing you have said contributed to the discussion of this thread.
And by the way, there's a reason why people don't complain on the suggestions forums, because suggestion and complaining are two different things.
Please think before you flame your stupidity on someone else.
Just leave this thread. You're embarrassing yourself.

Any logical argumentations about the suggestion are welcome.
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2012, 04:47 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
Now it sounds like you want the defense increased on wands to make up for the fact wands have no spike damage.  They are after all the magic weapon with the smallest spread in damage out of all of them.  There is a reason why wiz/cleric/veno/mystic can use all these different types of weapons.  If you really want a wand with uber defense lvls get R8 at 150 and stat it for defense.  Changing the demonic or dragon version would only off balance its purpose in the lineup of weapon choices.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Now it sounds like you want the defense increased on wands to make up for the fact wands have no spike damage.  They are after all the magic weapon with the smallest spread in damage out of all of them.  There is a reason why wiz/cleric/veno/mystic can use all these different types of weapons.  If you really want a wand with uber defense lvls get R8 at 150 and stat it for defense.  Changing the demonic or dragon version would only off balance its purpose in the lineup of weapon choices.

I see your point. But it's not accurate if you're replying to mine.
I want it's defensive properties to be upgraded, I know that you can use r8 for def levels, the weapons don't have class restrictions, whatever. People doesn't seem to get the whole point of this topic. It's about the weapon called God's Seal, not mystics, not r8, not how Obama wins the 2012 elections, nothing else.

I'm bringing this up because NOBODY uses this weapon (as main) because it's purpose (to be tanky) sucks.
No one find any value in its defensive stats, that's why I want the weapon to be looked at again.
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Scylla

I see your point. But it's not accurate if you're replying to mine.
I want it's defensive properties to be upgraded, I know that you can use r8 for def levels, the weapons don't have class restrictions, whatever. People doesn't seem to get the whole point of this topic. It's about the weapon called God's Seal, not mystics, not r8, not how Obama wins the 2012 elections, nothing else.

I'm bringing this up because NOBODY uses this weapon (as main) because it's purpose (to be tanky) sucks.
No one find any value in its defensive stats, that's why I want the weapon to be looked at again.

I get what you mean. But, I honestly only see the defensive properties of lacking is because of the offensive abilities of the other weapons' addons. What I mean by this is, sometimes its just better to have the extra -6% cast or +critrate next to defense, because you're not always going to need to need that defense. Here, a defensive weapon isn't going to replace an offensive weapon as a main weapon because the more offensive weapons (especially glaive imo) can work with playing defense. (i.e., healing) I tend to switch between weapons if I'm really taking a beating, but I would never, even if values were upgraded/changed, use it as my main weapon. Mostly because of the mid-low to mid-high damage though, not because of the stats themselves.

Now, is that to say that the wand doesn't need an upgrade? No, I do agree with you on that. BUT, it will never replace a glaive or sword as a main weapon on a large scale because of the lack of damage-support added with the other two.

Hope that made sense. I'm tired.

*When I say offensive, I do mean the adds.

EDIT: Another note, weapons are not class specified for a reason, and it would be wrong to call the wand a mystic weapon, because clerics use it as well. (Generally not wizards though, so call it the mysric weapon ok.) That may be whats causing some of the confusion.
Last Edit: Nov 18, 2012, 04:55 am by Scylla

Offline Cocor3

[Medium-Medium damage]
Channeling -10%
Vitality +25
Physical Defense +6%
Def. Level +4

Ok let's see 250+500hp=750 hp
6% phys def +Verdant Shell if sage-Gains a bonus to Wood, Water, and Physical damage
resistances equal to 90% of your armor.
Lasts for 30 Minutes.
sage-Physical Defense increased by an additional 10%. Now go and get bm buff:)
and wands have the closest dmg you don't do high number crits or low.
so let's see if target have 10k hp and you hit 2 2.2 dmg range in 5 hits it's dead:)
with other weapons dmg would be 1.5k>2.5k? try it I', lazy to make tests now
so as I see wand is good best for pk even in 1 vs 1

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
kest, with alldue respect, please shut up and quit being so defensive. Notice how the gm hasnt said anything. You arent willing to collabrate and discuss in an educated manner. If you cant do that, pls dont start a thread  :/
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
[Medium-Medium damage]
Channeling -10%
Vitality +25
Physical Defense +6%
Def. Level +4

Ok let's see 250+500hp=750 hp
6% phys def +Verdant Shell if sage-Gains a bonus to Wood, Water, and Physical damage
resistances equal to 90% of your armor.
Lasts for 30 Minutes.
sage-Physical Defense increased by an additional 10%. Now go and get bm buff:)
and wands have the closest dmg you don't do high number crits or low.
so let's see if target have 10k hp and you hit 2 2.2 dmg range in 5 hits it's dead:)
with other weapons dmg would be 1.5k>2.5k? try it I', lazy to make tests now
so as I see wand is good best for pk even in 1 vs 1

You need to read between the lines.
kest, with alldue respect, please shut up and quit being so defensive. Notice how the gm hasnt said anything. You arent willing to collabrate and discuss in an educated manner. If you cant do that, pls dont start a thread  :/

I don't need your critism. Post something contributing or go somewhere else.

I get what you mean. But, I honestly only see the defensive properties of lacking is because of the offensive abilities of the other weapons' addons. What I mean by this is, sometimes its just better to have the extra -6% cast or +critrate next to defense, because you're not always going to need to need that defense. Here, a defensive weapon isn't going to replace an offensive weapon as a main weapon because the more offensive weapons (especially glaive imo) can work with playing defense. (i.e., healing) I tend to switch between weapons if I'm really taking a beating, but I would never, even if values were upgraded/changed, use it as my main weapon. Mostly because of the mid-low to mid-high damage though, not because of the stats themselves.

Now, is that to say that the wand doesn't need an upgrade? No, I do agree with you on that. BUT, it will never replace a glaive or sword as a main weapon on a large scale because of the lack of damage-support added with the other two.

Hope that made sense. I'm tired.

*When I say offensive, I do mean the adds.

EDIT: Another note, weapons are not class specified for a reason, and it would be wrong to call the wand a mystic weapon, because clerics use it as well. (Generally not wizards though, so call it the mysric weapon ok.) That may be whats causing some of the confusion.

Definitely, good point. Thought out that a point like this would come out. Yeah, tons of def levels won't be as effective as if you proc purify spell every hit, because you could just heal the damage back up. But still, it would be nice to have people using the weapon instead of relying on something "better". (Not meaning r8 here).

Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Jake - Peng

• British Geezer
  • How many E's can you fit in your belly? #SESHLIFE
  • Characters: Jake, Magnum
  • Faction: 420
Pointless talking about it, Most mys script Def wep to Galive drag wep for max def and dmg so