Epic Perfect World

Daily Quotes

Offline Faeryl

Quotes can be inspirational and educational, so if you have a good quote please, post it.  Also, share your interpretation of the quote.

“Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves”

This is the concept that, in choosing to dedicate yourself to revenge, you do as much damage to yourself as to your enemy. If you kill him, you have in effect killed yourself. You have dug your grave even as you dug his. Perhaps, maybe we should adopt this ancient wisdom, and the world would be a much better place to live.
When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline HCG_Wrath

• If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
interesting XD , you should use the quote in my sig for ur next one :p

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline darknae

• Come at me Bro?
"It's good to shut up sometimes."

~ Marcel Marceau

Sometimes it is better to just keep that thought to yourself or to remain silent when something is happening and someone needs to learn a lesson. I have been trying to master this concept since birth and im sure ill die trying to. It is in human nature to communicate and mix in our emotions with it and people can really get hurt.
Your greatest enemy is your own ego

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Offline Elu

"I believe that animals see in men an equal being, whom have lost extraordinarily fast and dangerously the sane animal intellect, so to say, they see in him the irrational animal, the animal that laughs, the animal that cries, the unhappy animal."

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
-Retired-

Offline nkv1

"To be, or not to be."
from William Shakespeare's play Hamlet.
Lets go do a perfect world magic wand on that,
"Blue name, or not blue name."
Last Edit: Feb 29, 2012, 12:16 am by nkv1
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline nkv1

"I think, therefore I am"
by René Descartes.
Lets go do a perfect world magic wand on that one too,
"I chat, therefore I am"
[move]Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine![/move]

Offline Rhelanna

"We all can only be who we are. No more.. No less."

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander, Wizard of the First Order of Midlands
Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind

I think this quote pretty much speaks for itself. ;)

Offline Faeryl

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”?

In the world we live in today people have callused themselves to the Golden Rule of respect. It has been changed to “Do unto others as they have done upon you” and that is so wrong. The true meaning in “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”
is when someone can be so mean, hateful, use vulgar words against you, calling you everything but a human being, etc. and you choose to "Turn the other cheek" and humble yourself and be kind and compassionate back. In this cruel world we live in is a constant battle between good and evil. Good will always prevail even though, at times we may not see it or realize it at that moment, but in the long run we will receive the good back to us.

Offline HCG_Wrath

• If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

In the world we live in today people have callused themselves to the Golden Rule of respect. It has been changed to “Do unto others as they have done upon you” and that is so wrong. The true meaning in “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”
is when someone can be so mean, hateful, use vulgar words against you, calling you everything but a human being, etc. and you choose to "Turn the other cheek" and humble yourself and be kind and compassionate back. In this cruel world we live in is a constant battle between good and evil. Good will always prevail even though, at times we may not see it or realize it at that moment, but in the long run we will receive the good back to us.

does this include cyber sex? IF SO IM IN!

*Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.*

Offline Rhelanna

Amen

Offline Faeryl

While looking for my daily quote I came across the below, and I think it speaks for itself with out an explanation.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Offline Faeryl

"Stupid is as stupid does"

When a person is considered stupid by the stupid acts they commit.

Offline Chakka

I actually had a boss of mine at a Ford dealer years ago give me some wisdom that has always served me well in dealing with the public.

"If you assume people are stupid, they will rarely surprise you."

Bill Pattison
Ford service Manager 1990
I'm mean. Deal with it

Offline Faeryl

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you."

It is normal to feel hurt and pain from the offender, but the world evolves and moves on as well as the offender. The angry, rage, sadness, humiliation or betrayal we hold onto only affects us if we don’t forgive the offender and set our self free. Refusal to forgive only shows we are weak, but rather a better attribute would be to forgive which shows we are strong.