Epic Perfect World

Miscommunication?

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
I'm not really sure what to say here, I mean obviously there's a problem between community and GM, with faults on both sides. I feel like some of the things that GMs ban for though, is them taking an offhand comment too personally.

Edit: I'd like it known that I don't have any issues with any of the GMs personally; though I've argued my points fairly strongly before.
I can agree with this, kind of. Having a civilized conversation with Agatio about why you're banned is a lot more logical than raging on helpdesk. I say with Agatio, because I've seen some peoples' helpdesks and replies from a few GMs, who just seem to get way too stressed out at their job and get genuinely hurt over some of the things players say.
Okay, since it doesn't seem like this thread is going to get locked, I am going to take my time to post this.

Players and GMs are at odds all the time, on every single server. other server? Players hated the hgm. Storm? GMs in general were hated. Vendetta? Same shit. It's part of being a GM; you get hated on for doing your job, even if what you do is try to be fair in all situations. You guys say that it would take us walking a mile in your shoes to know what you're really going through -- I've been there. I was a GM for a year up until I resigned. I know the heat that GMs get, I know it can be difficult sometimes to be fair or keep a lid on your temper, but you guys were picked as GMs with that expectation. I have always taken the things that players say with a grain of salt when it comes to them making personal comments towards me or how I did as a GM. It wasn't for them to decide if I was being fair, it was for the server owner to decide if how I was handling things was fair. I won't say I was a great GM, or even a good one because I'm sure there are a lot of people who would disagree, but I rarely let my frustration show through and always tried to handle the immense amount of heat I got with a professional manner.

I read your earlier post, it's drown out by the vast majority of other members you're refusing to repudiate or acknowledge in wrongdoing.
I said more than one thing earlier. Ty. Just because I'm not calling my guild members downers or retards in public does not mean I agree with some of the things they're doing.

No on is being banned for no reason. And the mentality that just because one person said something they should not have, means another person can too, doesn't work. To quote every dad that has lived in the past 50 years "if your friend jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you too". If it seems unfair to you, well guess what, that's life. Life is not fair, it never has been and it never will be. Throwing a hissy fit and insulting the GMs won't help, it just makes you seem petty and spiteful. Just because someone else did not receive punishment for doing something wrong, does not mean everyone is free to do whatever they want. GMs are not god, they can't be everywhere at once. They might have to use the loo, get a drink of water, have their cat stick it's butt in their face when they are trying to see the screen (anyone that owns a cat, knows what that's like). But on the other hand, a sure way to avoid a ban is to obey the rules and that is something every play can do themselves.
As for you, please stop commenting when you don't know the half of the situation. Clearly you don't see the screenshots posted in helpdesk by both sides, nor are you in our guild chat, where people are taking screenshots of them being banned for the reason "Take a break, lol". Or being banned for a week for saying something like "lel, ur mom" and meanwhile other players don't get so much as a mute or one day ban for calling people ISIS members.

"Life is not fair" I can quote too. Bad things happen when good people stand by and do nothing. It's not about GMs being everywhere at once, it's about them blatantly ignoring offensive things said in favor of muting or banning the opposite party for something petty.

Again, wtb> lock please.

kitty stew

I said more than one thing earlier. Ty. As for you, please stop commenting when you don't know the half of the situation. Clearly you don't see the screenshots posted in helpdesk by both sides, nor are you in our guild chat, where people are taking screenshots of them being banned for the reason "Take a break, lol". Or being banned for a week for saying something like "lel, ur mom" and meanwhile other players don't get so much as a mute or one day ban for calling people ISIS members. "Life is not fair" I can quote too. Bad things happen when good people stand by and do nothing. It's not about GMs being everywhere at once, it's about them blatantly ignoring offensive things said in favor of muting or banning the opposite party for something petty. Again, wtb> lock please.
Don't be surprised when your apparently good posts get lumped with the rest when you act as if your guildies are innocent when everyone on this server saw the crap a number of members, especially the leader, said. Compounded by the support he got for talking about gm's on their period in this thread. If that's what you're going to stay silent about, or even defend, then there's no point trying to reason with someone who's just going to rage like the rest at people who criticize their inanity.

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Locking since now people want to troll as usual. 

Agatio can read over the "complaints" and insults and do what he wants with them. Thank you. 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline Dream

• Retired Staff Member
  • Be a voice, not an echo.
  • Characters: Dream ◦ Reality
  • Faction: EPW_Team
To further show my point. This is what is currently happening right now.

Last night it was MrRawr/Satisfya/Allementine

Hosting personal events for players but wont post a community event? Not to mention the people having these personal events are always the same people.
I was the one hosting the event, not Tonika, I don't know Allucinatio at all, never spoke to him before unless it was gm related, you can't consider that personal events. I remember coming to you a while back and asking you if you wanted to be champion and we're not exactly friends either. I search for different people, not only people I know because I know they will be bullied for it, I also hide their identity most of the time for this event and the champion constantly changes a lot, some of the champions I had never met or seen around before.

About the 1v1 playoffs, they were not removed from the events lists at all, EvilTouch still does them, Magestic did one recently, and I plan to host my own too when I don't see the bracket & organization of it as confusing and have time to focus on it with no distractions such as final exams, I know the events being hosted by myself can't be compared with the more experienced GMs but i'll try either way.

About the whole topic though, I try to personally stay away from all the possible misunderstandings and problems we can cause on each-other GM and player-wise, but it's impossible to do so as a GM. Both us GMs and players are repeating the same mistake recently which have been said already and instead of blaming the other side, should just swallow our prides and focus on balancing our own and vice versa, not point fingers at the other.
1 /18 /16

Bye, xo.

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Tyrants so pathetic, venting their frustration and calling GMs "unfair" after reporting people for the smallest "insult" and now they think they're being wrongly done, lmao grow the fck up, you reap what you sow, if you dont like being muted or banned then don't say anything that results in it, i've been reported for insults you guys do on a daily basis and got muted countless times but now that it's happening to you, have to guild sig the entire faction on forums? Lmao, grow up babies, if you don't like the GM staff then find other server, I got muted/banned on countless ocasions for insults that passed by unnoticed by some of you and didn't make such a big deal, grow a pair or find another game  :)
i feel like i'm dead

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Nice gm forgot to reclose? ? ? 

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy
If what i heard is true, about the ppl who said such things like

if they get unbanned then i promise you that i will be logging alts everyday to Insult and humiliate the GMs whos online just cause they didnt pick me for 1v1 events or whatever lol

Ill be pretty much FUN doing it cuz its so easy and awesome to show off and make fun of GMs and also because.. what are the odds of it ? ? ? I will get a "WARNING" lol so easy.. also.. if i insult them again ill just get banned then go cry on forum and get "UNBANNED" and ofc i will be repeating it everyday on other alts and keep abusing a GM with names and mom jokes

My point is, if you guys gonna let it pass that easy.. then people will start to look at it as a joke or a challenge (Look at me making fun of GMs and they do nothing) and if its going to be that easy then yes you cant blame anyone but yourselves for unbanning someone who just INSULTED GMS WITH MOM JOKES and calling them HORMONAL FEMALES on worldchat

Thank you.

Last Edit: Nov 26, 2015, 08:42 am by ╳

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Give me GM I will fix server so that no1 will cry anymore.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
14 pages of Artifex idiots making useless posts to boost their egos because GMs side with Artifex more than the members of Tyrants out of spite.

The rest of the contents of this thread are people insulting each other with the occasional logical post that has good points, facts, and supporting evidence.

I've experienced GM favortism hands on in the 4 years I've been here. It's always been an issue to some degree. I know for a fact there's specific players the current GMs don't care for, I've seen it with my own eyes.

The fact someone can go ahead and make r.ape jokes about and towards someone for years, or even tell someone to literally kill themselves and recieve no punishment or just a 1 hour mute when there's people like Soochi who get a much worse punishment for calling someone a forum nerd is pathetic.

I'm sorry, but since when was calling someone a nerd ever considered offensive? Also, the bans that were handed out over school shooting lyrics, why ban them but allow terrorist jokes and comments be said with 0 consequences?  

Offline Brewskie

• IsOnTheLoose

if they get unbanned then i promise you that i will be logging alts everyday to Insult and humiliate the GMs whos online just cause they didnt pick me for 1v1 events or whatever lol

Ill be pretty much FUN doing it cuz its so easy and awesome to show off and make fun of GMs and also because.. what are the odds of it ? ? ? I will get a "WARNING" lol so easy.. also.. if i insult them again ill just get banned then go cry on forum and get "UNBANNED" and ofc i will be repeating it everyday on other alts and keep abusing a GM with names and mom jokes

My point is, if you guys gonna let it pass that easy.. then people will start to look at it as a joke or a challenge (Look at me making fun of GMs and they do nothing) and if its going to be that easy then yes you cant blame anyone but yourselves for unbanning someone who just INSULTED GMS WITH MOM JOKES and calling them HORMONAL FEMALES on worldchat

Thank you.

Lmfao that ss!!!

infernchidhu

14 pages of Artifex idiots making useless posts to boost their egos because GMs side with Artifex more than the members of Tyrants out of spite.

The rest of the contents of this thread are people insulting each other with the occasional logical post that has good points, facts, and supporting evidence.

I've experienced GM favortism hands on in the 4 years I've been here. It's always been an issue to some degree. I know for a fact there's specific players the current GMs don't care for, I've seen it with my own eyes.

The fact someone can go ahead and make r.ape jokes about and towards someone for years, or even tell someone to literally kill themselves and recieve no punishment or just a 1 hour mute when there's people like Soochi who get a much worse punishment for calling someone a forum nerd is pathetic.

I'm sorry, but since when was calling someone a nerd ever considered offensive? Also, the bans that were handed out over school shooting lyrics, why ban them but allow terrorist jokes and comments be said with 0 consequences?  
rofl, that isn't even the worst part, i tried to post more ss's about this stuff, but the moderation stuff killing me. Its w/e i dont even care about this anymore, its whatever

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Guys, whatever happens, if you think that GM has done something wrong, please don't go in WC about it to insult / rage / spam, it's the worst way of solving problems and is only making more and more people upset. Send me message on forum or Skype or contact us on Helpdesk and we will look into it again. We are just humans and we do make mistakes, but by contacting us directly, we should be able to fix it if we did wrong or do our best to explain our point of view.

Offline PedroSner

• #TeamSner
  • Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server
  • Characters: PedroSner/ Sner
  • Faction: Artifex Leader

Thank you.

Some people do those sort of comments towards GMs /Players on daily basis , on WC ,Forums , and really nothing happened.

Not long ago , someone who was constantly insulting me on a personal scale , kept going over and over , while i defended myself ( without getting personal towards them ) , i got instantly watched over to 25% , yet that person kept going like nothing happened. Why ? Guess a certain GM must not like me very much but that's how it is.

Still i didnt go on WC/Forums crying about it cause it will lead to no where, specially if i go on insulting them on personal scale. But then again seems like nothing is done , so might aswell just do so from now on ,since everyone gets away with it.
Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server. After that went to that server disbanded them there and disbanded that server aswell.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Well I will lock it, because people just keep arguing with each other now. If you'd like to add anything, feel free to contact me or anyone else from the staff.