Epic Perfect World

Where to lvl as cleric/mystics

Offline lilshaud

Clerics and mystic's (more so clerics) takes WAAYYY longer to lvl in PV.. b/c we have no kiting abilities and our aoe need a long channeling time (for cleric mainly), so it gets interrupted all the time  :sad:. Added to that, our dmg isnt on par with other mages. I can only kill them 1v2-3 (if im lucky and they dont stop my chan.) Is there a better way to lvl for us or no?

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
My best advice is to find a partner to pv with u until lvl 145+ then run gv's for clerics.. as far as mystics. Maybe try fc's with a partner. I run a ton of gv's and no offense to any of the mystics but they aren't very useful or at least not useful enough to take that spot of a bm barb or sin. Theres also the option of lvling by grinding out in shrine. Set up a squad with a seeker and a cleric and just let them run overnight. Sorry if i wasn't a ton of help.. fact is mages are really hard to lvl but they are way worth it when u hit 150.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Scylla

Tough it out until roughly 140+ (though I recommend 145+ for mystics) and heal GV. Tons easier.

And yes, a mystic can replace a cleric in GV.

Offline Mizotasu♥

• qt sage werepenguin~
  • Characters: Mizotasu, Lilly
  • Faction: Tyrants/Siege
I lvld my mystic in pv, i was lucky cuz i was able to one shot mobs.
i was full nirvy, with no buffs, just my own.
its just that when u pull mobs, make sure u have full chi.
i usually used the lvl 79 skill that reduces damage taken by half.
To make it faster, pull lot of mobs and use pot that makes u invisible for damage for like 6 seconds.
if u have lucky break, then first use ur pet, i recommend mistress. unless u dont have lucky break then use devil.
and then just aoe, or use before that rapid growth to make u cast faster.
u dont need to triple spark, cuz if im right, u just one shot the mobs. easy ;)
otherwise i can help u, and show u some things what else u can do.

pm Lavigne if u need help, im always free ^^

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
My best advice is to find a partner to pv with u until lvl 145+ then run gv's for clerics.. as far as mystics. Maybe try fc's with a partner. I run a ton of gv's and no offense to any of the mystics but they aren't very useful or at least not useful enough to take that spot of a bm barb or sin. Theres also the option of lvling by grinding out in shrine. Set up a squad with a seeker and a cleric and just let them run overnight. Sorry if i wasn't a ton of help.. fact is mages are really hard to lvl but they are way worth it when u hit 150.
Ok, i usually try to remain neutral on these things, but im going to be honest. That statement PISSES me off  >.>
It's hard enough to level mystics without people disregarding them as useless. I've run several 3-5 person squads with venos and mystics. I've only failed one, and that was because i screwed up when trying to take out the stunners. I had a team with me (seeker), an archer, a mystic, a cleric, a sin who dc'ed around wave 2 and never came back, and a bm who ditched at wave 8. Funniest thing was, the mystic was key  >.>
The archer used wings of grace as mobs closed in to stall, while i ran through the ranks to get to the stunners in the rear. Mia, the mystic, used listless blossom to put the mobs to sleep as they approached, thinning their ranks as they began to stop. By that point tho, i was already at the rear with agro off me, and enough mobs sleeping that Mia and the archer couldnt die with bb backing them up. Then, i opened a blade affinity, hopped in my votrex, and popped off a tangled mire. The stunners dropped in 2 secs flat, leave my and the cleric free to bb and vortex as needed, while i used clour eruption to recover chi, OR used a mob for chi with duel edges, to prep for next spawn. The sin mainly used Subsea as needed. None of us died throughout wave 9. and if it wasnt for mia's Creeper and blossom, we probably would have been screwed. Because on top of that, se provided a double dose of healing. So when people say mystics are useless in GV it makes me want to punch their face in, because i know alot of mystics WHO CAN GV, and that stereotype f***s them on a daily basis. And i think that prejudice is WRONG!! I've failed more squads WITHOUT venos and mystics, than i have with them. We need to be fair to all classes, and if they aren't doing a good job, dont just decide not to bring them anymore; Teach them how to do better, because it's just not fair.  :(
And i will GLADLY invite venos, mystics, psys, or any class on my GVs. If you're a minority trying to get a GV, feel free to pm me, AurielXarxes, or Hircine (been playing my sin alot lately), and if i'm free, i'll fight to get you in. How can you decide one's worth, if they arent even given a chance to shine?  >.>
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
+100000000000000000000000000. People tend to degrade alot of classes that seem unfit to them. I like every class and long as you pulling your wait I'm fine with it :).
Kings Faith - Only thing worth buying is time.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
A class is useless if the person using it is stupid tbh.
This statement may or may not apply to all of pw classes, but I find people saying that venos and mystics are useless, stupid.

Here's the reason why:

Venos pretty much have the WIDEST range of curses, but you know what? People don't use them cause they're stupid.
Spamming or face rolling your keyboard you won't kill anyone, unless maybe you're a barb.
In PVE, Venos again are not useless. People just haven't found a good veno that knows how to use their arsenal of skills right for things like GV.

For mystics, here's when people become very retared and ignorant.
Mystics are presumably the most FLEXIBLE class in the game.
You got heals, curses, sleeps etc and importantly pets to help you stun and do many more.
There's a skill called LUCKY BREAK which guarantees crit. That means something right?
While I know that there are mystics who struggle to kill wizards and to tank sins, the reason why you drop fast is because you're not using your class weapon tbh.
And in pve like gv, you have a skill called lysing, use it. Curse to help kill faster, leech to be immune to mob debuffs, sleep if it's hazy.... Heal.... There's alot more that I can say about mystics tbh.

Think, people.
Last Edit: Nov 05, 2012, 02:04 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Aquasfira

• I love neon colors!!
  • My life is everywhere, and I'll live it all! <3
Pv, Fc and Gv are good places to lvl your mystic and cleric, I lvl'd my cleric mostly through all those and I buddy system'd pv most of it, but I could do solo to with large pulls. Just gotta make sure you got lots of chi and take out those magic stun guys in 135+ or be good at remembering to puri lol unlike me x3. But IH about 3 to 4 times, Wings of Protection if you got that skill before you go running into a group of mobs. I usually use plume shell afterwards, and then Razor feathers. After that Siren's Kiss and then I Holy Path to get a good distance again to razor feather. :) It's just a technique but it worked for me and I had no problems with doing large groups in pv that way. However Mystic not so sure yet, still gotta play around with that class ^_^ Hope that helped a bit!

DA: http://obsidianthorn.deviantart.com/
Aquasfira 150-Cleric Demon | UglyStick 150-Seeker Sage
Luxray 148-Archer Demon | Bawllin 140-Barb Sage

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
I recommend if you making a cleric is to find a bm or barb so you can do fast pull while healing the tank for quick exp :). If you cant find some1 make a alt and run through it with a barb or bm and spam heal it :D.

Offline Aquasfira

• I love neon colors!!
  • My life is everywhere, and I'll live it all! <3
I recommend if you making a cleric is to find a bm or barb so you can do fast pull while healing the tank for quick exp :). If you cant find some1 make a alt and run through it with a barb or bm and spam heal it :D.
+1
 I did something similiar with my sin and wizzy :) Set up Dragon's Breath and pulled mobs to it with my sin, and Subsea lol, It's a really great idea to!

DA: http://obsidianthorn.deviantart.com/
Aquasfira 150-Cleric Demon | UglyStick 150-Seeker Sage
Luxray 148-Archer Demon | Bawllin 140-Barb Sage

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
thats how i got my cleric and brb to lv 140 in day :D.

Offline kinggalinor

• Old Player
  • Morguilus the Defiler
+1
 I did something similiar with my sin and wizzy :) Set up Dragon's Breath and pulled mobs to it with my sin, and Subsea lol, It's a really great idea to!

+1

Offline Delirium

Mystics aren't useless in GV at all, I play Cleric and Mystic.
If anything a mystic makes it easier and ANY cleric should welcome a mystic with open arms, vice versa, in fact anyone. They have plenty of AoE's to do some DD, they have AoE debuff plants which will either mean you hit harder or take less damage, or both if the mystic knows what to do, they can heal in tight situations and probably the most important thing is their res buff, it means the cleric doesn't have to stop BB in case of someone is downed and doesn't mess up the whole run if the cleric themselves go down. A cleric and mystic compliment each other and the party nicely.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
A class is useless if the person using it is stupid tbh.
This statement may or may not apply to all of pw classes, but I find people saying that venos and mystics are useless, stupid.

Here's the reason why:

Venos pretty much have the WIDEST range of curses, but you know what? People don't use them cause they're stupid.
Spamming or face rolling your keyboard you won't kill anyone, unless maybe you're a barb.
In PVE, Venos again are not useless. People just haven't found a good veno that knows how to use their arsenal of skills right for things like GV.

For mystics, here's when people become very retared and ignorant.
Mystics are presumably the most FLEXIBLE class in the game.
You got heals, curses, sleeps etc and importantly pets to help you stun and do many more.
There's a skill called LUCKY BREAK which guarantees crit. That means something right?
While I know that there are mystics who struggle to kill wizards and to tank sins, the reason why you drop fast is because you're not using your class weapon tbh.
And in pve like gv, you have a skill called lysing, use it. Curse to help kill faster, leech to be immune to mob debuffs, sleep if it's hazy.... Heal.... There's alot more that I can say about mystics tbh.

Think, people.
Mystics aren't useless in GV at all, I play Cleric and Mystic.
If anything a mystic makes it easier and ANY cleric should welcome a mystic with open arms, vice versa, in fact anyone. They have plenty of AoE's to do some DD, they have AoE debuff plants which will either mean you hit harder or take less damage, or both if the mystic knows what to do, they can heal in tight situations and probably the most important thing is their res buff, it means the cleric doesn't have to stop BB in case of someone is downed and doesn't mess up the whole run if the cleric themselves go down. A cleric and mystic compliment each other and the party nicely.
+100000000000000000000000000. People tend to degrade alot of classes that seem unfit to them. I like every class and long as you pulling your wait I'm fine with it :).
Exactly what im saying.
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline filipa17

• Beginner
I also play mystic and started cleric now too, both of them are pretty good in gv and i cant understand ppl that say 'mystic is useless' they are rly usefull! There must be a reason why they habe 3 healing skills and 2 heal plants!! I was one time in a gv with my fac and we invited a random cleric to be sure we wont die :D ( was my first time to test healing with mystic) and they all was happy that i ws there, coz the cleric went afk at stunning mobs and didnt come back till the end of the runs, i had to heal shiz out of hell to keep my members alive and it worked rly good, and it was a rly good experience how you have to multitask all out of that, plant debuff mobs heal when mobs lowers use heal plant again and always keep up that hp regeneration plant up! It rly helps alot. And mystic isnt thaaat hard to lvl, i soloed pv till i wad 150 from 145 on and its pretty easy, just kill the mage mobs first if you can and be sure of full chi and then take those mobs i always use the debuffing creeper plant first used aoe then dont forget to heal urself the whole time you get chi by that too and then use the aoe again, so in short, take mobs-use plant-heal-aoe-heal-aoe... Till mobs are dead! And the best is use always the skills that regenerate you hp charm faster and the skill that makes your skills hit more :) thats my suggstetion to use an mystic for solo pv ;) not the only way but one of many :)

PS: if you need any help i can show you how to do it! Feel free to pm me on Catarina(mystic) or Piew(seeker) ;)