Epic Perfect World

Computer crash

Offline dev1lpax

Hi there, i started playing yesterday and i like this Server but...

later when i started the Game again after a small break, it did a little Update and from then the Problems started.
When i come to Character Selection Screen the Came freezes and then my whole Computer crashes...
I restart Computer, started Game and same happens.... i tried 3 Times and again and again all crashes at Character selection Screen.

So today i deleted the Game and reinstalled it... started directly after installation and all was good...
Then i restarted it and again.... it did a small Update and from now on all crashes again...
I downloaded new and reinstalled again... same Problem after the everytime coming small Update.
Cant do anything cause it do the Update automatically

I dunno what to do now... i get same Problem again after this small Update.

Anyone have an Idea?
Must be the Client?
All other Games... even the original PWI runs without Problems.

I hope anyone can help me out... i dont wanna search for another Server :(

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Can you disable anti-virus for a while and then run patcher -> press verify files button and then start the game.
If the game runs without problems, it can be some conflict with your anti-vritus
agatio can you help me ?

Offline dev1lpax

Ty Agatio that you try to help me...

I checked what you said but its still the same...
Now i tried to install the Game on my Husbands Computer and there i can choose Character and login, so it is a Problem on my Computer it seems :(
I hate this crappy thing ... grrrr

But well, so i have to wait for my new Computer that i will get in 1-2 Weeks...

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
if u dont wanna wait for the new computer u can try this:

delete the game;
create a new folder for the new installation of the game (with a diferent name than the previous folder);
install the game in the new folder;
before starting the game go to your antivirus and create an exception for the whole new folder;
after the exception is created start the game using the Launcher.exe or the Patcher.exe;

inside the EpicPW fodler you will find a file, dxwebsetup.exe, run it and see if it installs the runtime files;

im seriously thinking your computer crashes due to the heat, can you check if your fans are working ? the processor fan aswell;
(i suggest you to buy fans for the HDD's aswell btw, if you build the coputer for gaming purposes).

is your RAM fully working ? for example, if you have 4Gb RAM are the 4Gb beeing sed or only 1Gb ? the problem might be the RAM not beeing enough for the elementclient.exe to run in your motherboard.

Let us know how it went  :-\

Offline dev1lpax

all Fans are running and all RAM is in use...

Well... i already sit here with my new Computer... its not a very new one but better then my old crappy Thing xD

Now i try to find out why i can ingame see all Effects but not the Characters and NPC.

I got a AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 3800+ with 4 GB RAM and a GForce 7800 GTX Graphicscard with 256 MB and Windows 7 with DirectX 11

Hope this will help and anyone have an Idea
Last Edit: Nov 06, 2012, 09:30 pm by dev1lpax

Offline Far

• Sneaky
  • Light Speed
  • Characters: Far
all Fans are running and all RAM is in use...

Well... i already sit here with my new Computer... its not a very new one but better then my old crappy Thing xD

Now i try to find out why i can ingame see all Effects but not the Characters and NPC.

I got a AMD Athlon 64 X2 DualCore 3800+ with 4 GB RAM and a GForce 7800 GTX Graphicscard with 256 MB and Windows 7 with DirectX 11

Hope this will help and anyone have an Idea

u cant see character cause u didnt update the game or ur video card is not that good lower the settings maibe that'll help

Offline Sylver

• " If you're going through hell, keep going. "
Try reinstall direct x...i remember i had a prob like this..after i reinstaled direct x i could see all again.

Offline dev1lpax

Thy very much to the ppl who gave me suggestions :)

It helped to reinstall DirectX, now everything is fine and i can play :)