Epic Perfect World

Veno's and Barb's shapeshifting

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy
Hello..
 So i have seem some people been asking for edited Tiger/Fox forms on forums.. they have the right to ask for it
but other people like the old ones and want to keep it like that, they have the right for it too
seems like the GMs been rejecting it for the sake of ppl who wanna keep the old ones..

Also

I have thought about it...and got an idea... idk if it can be done.

Agatio/Echo simply.. follow these steps

1. Bring the
                Or                

2. Make a copy of it in the codes with name like "Veno Form 1"

3. Simply change the Shapeshifting code
to:  

4. Make it stackable/different incode than enhanced fox form so people can learn it
(Same stats like enhanced fox form same everything only Shapeshifting change)

and in the next patch ppl who like that new fox/barb form can simply buy the book, then learn the new edited skill and use the new form while they still have the old one

Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015, 12:13 am by Toughness

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
I already suggested this, it seems its not possible to make new forms.

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic
  • Faction: Tyrants
Damn...Look at you. Smart tbh. I like this idea. If it'll even work.

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
I already suggested this, it seems its not possible to make new forms.
We have seen GMs with different class skills, i think he can just create a new like these for veno,barb which can be learnable
OR if it cant be learnt then it can be requested to be added to the character, just like GMs
ppl can request Agatio ( Add the new Fox form skill to my character please ) n thats it

we know already that PW ADMIN can add skills to any character doesnt matter the class

I have seen GM cleric characters with the veno speed buff (the pink thing) just to show off, and yes she had it's buff icon too

You cant make a learnable skill shapeshifting maybe but the admin can force any skill on any character i believe..
Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015, 12:26 am by Toughness

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
[quote author=

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
-

It's not a matter of certain skills on different classes, it's a matter of not being able to make new skills.
GM's having skills from other classes has nothing to do with it, Aga can just manually give skills we are not technically allowed to have, that's not the same as making a new skill.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Chocolate

• Retired Staff Member
Completely different situation to be honest (giving a skill and creating one)

Echo beat me to it, plus better explaination. :(

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran

It's not a matter of certain skills on different classes, it's a matter of not being able to make new skills.
GM's having skills from other classes has nothing to do with it, Aga can just manually give skills we are not technically allowed to have, that's not the same as making a new skill.
Completely different situation to be honest (giving a skill and creating one)
Echo beat me to it, plus better explaination.
What about replacing an already existed skill but so useless

Simply re-work the skill mechanism (Copy/Paste) from Panda Form with shapeshifting change

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
IF you can replace their useless skills may aswell replace their swimming masteries.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Its not just a matter of copying and pasting it, he would need to alter the GS (as opposed to changing a few values here and there for skills). I would assume Agatio would need source files to be able to try and pull off something such as implementing a new skill on top of an already an existing skill. There are limits to what Agatio and Echo (or anyone in the PW dev scene or what little remains of it) can do. If people really want to change the original forms this badly that its become such a debate in many threads, they may as well be changed. People will get over it in a few days after the change anyways.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Here's the only picture I could find of a black barbarian with white stripes.

It's really small, and bad quality, but sadly it's the only picture I have of it.

Without a doubt 100x more bad-ass than it's white-counterpart.

In regards to Echo's Post's on 'Echo's Diary'..

I think that it's sad that you won't consider doing things that previous servers have done. It in no way "takes away" from Epic's own personal success, in my opinion. If the server wants something that was done elsewhere, what's the big deal? I don't understand the logic- unless it's a pride issue. You can't really say it's a "stolen idea" either. You're not "stealing" anything from anyone, merely swapping two colors.

Either way, myself and other barb's straight up will agree that the white barb form makes no sense. Why in the world would a fierce, grizzly class (by default unless you're some anime-chibi-hipster barb) be white? I feel like the black, with fire bursting from it's eyes and feet makes the class look so much more terrifying.

Last Edit: Nov 19, 2015, 02:31 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
Just asking a couple questions here... first off... if its not possible to make skills (correct me if I am wrong here) then how come we have the Tiger/squirrel puff bird skills? I havent played on official in some time and or keep an eye on their updates so maybe this is on official?

2nd.... I have been keeping an eye on this.. as personally I would love to see a white fox it would be so cute!! but I guess some other server had it? so there has to be some way? im not trying to be rude in anyway or offend anyone in anyway I am just asking an honest question ect... 
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline NotLilac

• Jem
  • He's the Tear in my Heart
  • Characters: Lilac
  • Faction: Ducks
Just asking a couple questions here... first off... if its not possible to make skills (correct me if I am wrong here) then how come we have the Tiger/squirrel puff bird skills? I havent played on official in some time and or keep an eye on their updates so maybe this is on official?

2nd.... I have been keeping an eye on this.. as personally I would love to see a white fox it would be so cute!! but I guess some other server had it? so there has to be some way? im not trying to be rude in anyway or offend anyone in anyway I am just asking an honest question ect...
1) They are official skills. Not new skills created on EPW.

2) Storm had different coloured untamed forms.

♥ Avatar by Sideris Secsiest | Siggy by Amazing Rumi ♥

✾ 🇱🇮🇱🇦🇨 | 🇦🇲🇪🇹🇭🇾🇸🇹 | 🇱🇦🇻🇪🇳🇩🇪🇷 | 🇮🇳🇩🇮🇬🇴 ✾

[Changed Account]

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

It's really small, and bad quality, but sadly it's the only picture I have of it.

I think that it's sad that you won't consider doing things that previous servers have done. It in no way "takes away" from Epic's own personal success, in my opinion. If the server wants something that was done elsewhere, what's the big deal? I don't understand the logic- unless it's a pride issue. You can't really say it's a "stolen idea" either. You're not "stealing" anything from anyone, merely swapping two colors.

Either way, myself and other barb's straight up will agree that the white barb form makes no sense. Why in the world would a fierce, grizzly class (by default unless you're some anime-chibi-hipster barb) be white? I feel like the black, with fire bursting from it's eyes and feet makes the class look so much more terrifying.

This is a good post.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member

I don't expect you to understand my reasoning regarding other servers, because you are not in my position so you see it differently than I do.
Either way, it's not only a matter of other servers, I pointed out in a previous post that Aga prefers to keep default things, I have asked him before about it and that was his answer. Lion barb was an exception because it was green and lions are not green.

It's also a matter of forcing a different version onto people when only a group of people are posting that they want it, not everybody will want it.

Also just because you don't think white fits barbs, doesn't mean it's true.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion