Epic Perfect World

A Mystic Guide - The EPW server

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
A Mystic guide applied to EPW

Hi there! I figured some people would be glad having a guide about mystic gameplay applied to EPW. This is probably useless for any other server as I’m talking about gear setups and combos that don’t exist on other servers.
The guide will mostly focus on 1v1 related topics. I feel that 1v1ing is a bit underappreciated at the moment, but there is a lot to it. There is a lot you are expected to know about 1v1ing before you get a goodie. It all starts by learning the skills of all the 10 classes, their chances of procs, effects, cooldowns for both the demon and sage skills. Then you are expected to know their combos, what dmg they do on your class and how to counter those combos. You are expected to know your own combos and be able to execute them without losing track of your opponent. You are expected while doing the actual 1v1 to keep track of your opponents cooldowns and genie energy, react to what he’s doing, adapt your combos and playstyle. You need to anticipate what your opponent is going to do so that you can resist locks or major damage. You need to manage your chi and you need to manage your genie energy, not wasting anything when you don’t have to. While doing all that you are expected to manage your gear and with the recent scripting, you need to know when your opponent is in attack gear so that you choose the right moment to counter. Well, I suppose I’m just trying to say that 1v1ing can happen on a lot of different levels. All of them are fine, but shit can get serious. Rant over.
I’ve been writing down a couple things over the last weeks and when I looked at it, it turned out to be quite a bit of information. I added some more to fill the gaps when I decided to make an actual guide. This is going to be a long read if you want to get through all of it so feel free to use it in any way you like.
Also, the purpose of this guide is to help people master the Mystic class to its fullest. I’m not talking about how strong mystic is compared to other classes or how easy or hard it is to play. I simply want to provide people with information and tips to help them get better. I spent a considerable amount of time figuring all that out for myself and it took me years. I still learn new stuff about my class occasionally so even after such a long time I don’t know everything.
I’ll be talking about some general info, gear setup, combos, locks, hotkeys, the most important genie skills, 1v1s and a little bit about mass pk. I originally planned to give some guidelines for each 1v1 setup but that turned out to be too much work. In this guide I only included mystic vs mystic. If people start asking about other setups maybe, at some point in time, I’ll add those. To be clear, I’m not explaining all the skills and their effects. This is meant for mystics who already know how to play a bit to serve as a guideline on what to pay attention to. It is, so to speak, a bit of an advanced guide. Basic info like skills can be found on http://ecatomb.epicpw.com/skills-class.html
One last thing before we start. This is what I know about mystics and how I play one. This is my personal view. You may like it or not, or part of it. I may recommend something that you do not agree with. That’s fine. This is not meant to be something you should do, it’s how I do it.

NV = Nature’s Vengeance
AS = Absorb Soul
Push = Bramble Tornado
Leech = Energy Leech
WBD = Weeping Breeze Dance, the primal version of this skill is called Storm Dance. Apart from the graphics they’re virtually the same for this server.

General info
Basic gear is channeling based. Magic is less important. I use a hybrid card set, 3 atk cards and 3 defense cards to  get as many attack lvls and defense lvls as possible out of my card set. Use a Cube necklace instead of DS, unless you’re scripting (at that point you’ll be using both). If you have r8 with less channeling than a dragon set, I advise you to 1v1 in a dragon set.

For mystics who want to get serious about 1v1ing I suggest you get a fair amount of channeling on your R8 set and 4 weapons if you want to be able to fight all other classes: dragon glaive and 3 R8 weapons, Atk lvl, Def lvl and Purify. A magic and vit Tome really help as well. I’d love to say that’s all you need, but there is no way to fight sins (in this case I’m talking about 3.33 sins who really know what they’re doing) without a might ring, and since there are so many now, I’ll include that in the list. You need a vit/mag genie with around 125 vit and 100 magic. I use one genie for both mass pk and 1v1s, and it has the following skills: Holy path, AD, Faith, Fortify, Frenzy, Expel, Will Surge, Nullify poison. A dex genie with 120 dex is optional vs bms and aps seekers.
An rpd set helps at points but it’s really a luxury. I barely ever use them in 1v1s because it involves more clicking gear back and forth and it’s not really needed. In mass pk an rpd set can be really helpful.

Make sure to have -97 to -99 channeling after using rapid growth. That way you will have the most dmg output. If you have R8 gear with -6 chan on each piece, as a sage mystic you can use R8 attack weapon after rapid growth and be in the instant channel range. If you are demon, instead of putting -6 stones in your weapon, you should put +20 magic or +3 crit stones on you R8 attack weapon. If you have a dragon set (or r8 with similar channeling) you keep using dragon glaive after rapid growth and switch to vit tome (or no tome, if you only have a magic tome) to be instant channel. Using the magic tome in this situation will make you overcast. Overcast is when you have -100 or more channeling. This results in you channeling getting set back to somewhere around -90. I’m not sure about the precise number but bottom line is that you cast slower with -100 or more than with -99 channeling.

Mystic pet stun doesn’t work on the main map if you’re closer than 10-15 meters to your target, but it works in other maps like playoffs map, NS, NW and other instances. However, you can make it work by letting your pet first do a regular hit and then clicking the stun skill. This involves 1 more click so it’s not really viable if you play with your mouse only, but if you have it on a hotkey it can work really well. For example, you can use your E key as a hotkey for pet auto attack, and Shift + E for ‘second pet skill’ which is for Devil Chihyu his stun skill. Hit those combinations right after each other and your pet will practically stun first thing.

Genie
As a general note, you’ll want a genie with at least 125 vit because that way you can hit expel twice before running out of energy (vs sins). Or you can use a skill like fortify or will surge and still be able to use faith. Everybody makes mistakes with these skills and it’s important to have a genie that allows you to make up for that. If you have, for example, a genie with 100 vit and 125 magic, hitting expel vs a sin will save you for the duration of expel, but good sins can lock through it. They will kill you after expel is over. Using a genie with 100 vit will not give you enough energy to use expel again. That gap between 2 expels is important as it cannot be too big when fighting sins. Sins locking through 2 expels doesn’t happen, unless they use an occult genie.

There are a few genie skills a mystic should pay extra attention to. The first one is Nullify Poison. Nullify can resist the seal of thicket, but not the immobilization. It can also resist lyse, but not the random procs of a mystic plant. This means that while an opponent is using nullify, a mystic should never use lyse for two reasons: First, random procs have a chance to go through nullify, and by lysing you make your plant explode leaving 0 chance for random procs. Secondly, lyse will never go through nullify.
The second one is AD. Both thicket and sleep last longer than 5 seconds so when your target uses AD right after you have cast those, pay extra attention to your locking. Your targets genie is at that point almost empty and you can keep locking through AD, assuring the kill.

Mass pk
I’ll start with the obvious parts, so bear with me. A lot of mystics already know what to do in mass pk, but I’m including this section for the sake of making a complete guide. If you want to skip it, skip it.
Mystic is mainly a support class, but it can be effective as DDer or even as CCer if played right. Now, depending on what role you want to take, your position will be different, but as most mystics are support, I’ll start with that. I’ll talk a bit about what teammate to focus on, what buffs and heals to use, and lastly about positions in mass pk.
A support mystic will obviously want a lot of defense levels so defense cape, defense engraves and a vit tome are a good idea. Personally I prefer to use a defense lvl weapon in mass pk, but a purify weapon in combination with might ring work well too.
You’ll want to keep your squad mates buffed with Verdant Blessing as this increases the healing effect your squad mates get from a single heal (either from you or an ep!) quite significantly. Invigorate is useless in pvp, so you don’t really have to use that. Now, rez buff has a 30 second cooldown so make sure you give it to the right targets. In my experience the order to give rez buff is the squad leader first, then clerics, bms, and after that whoever else you want to get back into the fight quickly. Assuming you’re in a squad with 1 ep and 1 mystic, the order for heals is slightly different. The squad leader and the ep share the first place. You should absolutely prioritize these 2 because they are the most important people in your squad. For example, a wiz or ea can die without having a major effect on your squad, but if the squad leader dies nobody will AA until he gets back (in most squads on the server anyway), and if the ep dies nobody will receive the most important buffs. After that just heal people whose hp is dropping. As for heals itself, Break in the Clouds is the heal you want to use on targets who get focused. Since petals will only start working once the target gets attacked, you can give this to everybody in your squad even when they don’t get attacked just yet. Comforting mist is usually not worth it when you’re in defense gear because of its long channeling time. I feel like you can spend your time in a better way than waiting for this skill to finally cast. If you’re in chan gear for some reason, this is a good skill. I won’t say Gaia’s Blessing and Salvation pet are completely useless, but I feel that they’re not as good as other heals, So don’t spend too much time on these skills.
In the part about positioning I will not talk about mystic specifically, but more about the support classes in general. As a support mystic you will always want to stay in the middle of your squad mates so that you can reach any of them without having to waste time to move. Of course, this does not work when people are too far away and go on solo yolo adventures. If you have to move to people, you’re wasting time, keep that in mind. Focus instead on somebody who is close to you. In addition to that, always stay behind your own faction’s DDs. That way people will not be able to hit you and you can be as productive as possible. To keep track of your squad and also your faction in general, you will need to look at the mini map a lot. A lot as in… constantly. Positioning is the most important part of mass pk in general, so that includes support classes. If you are too close you will get focused, or CC’d, or something else. This will result in you being useless to your squad because you will have to focus on healing yourself. Also, try to keep track of where your ep or other mystic is. You don’t want to get too close to them because when Nova, Mountain Seize or Roar of the Pride gets cast on either of you, both healers in the squad will be CC’d. Instead, always stay at a distance from your other healer so that you can support him and he can support you. When you do get attacked, with enough defense lvls you can survive quite well so you can wait for support to come. If that’s not coming, use AD Faith or Expel, whatever you prefer, but ALWAYS use Leech right after that for movement immunity. Use that time to fly or run away, out of range of enemy DDs. Then pay extra attention to your positioning, because your genie is low on HP.
Lastly, try to always have a plant (either Listless Blossom or Befuddling Creeper) spawned near your enemy’s DDs. Either leave it out there or lyse it to massively CC. However, only do  this when you see a lot of people next to your plant, and don’t forget to get the other plant out right after you lyse the first. Keeping track of your position, your plants, and who to heal, as well as staying alive yourself can be quite hard, but it gets better with a bit of practice. I’d say healing is the most important thing in this role. Focus there, and when you have a second where everybody is buffed with Petals, spawn a plant. To make this easier you can AA or your squad leader or your BM to quickly target enemies in the center.
A DD mystic can do a ton of damage, but has no way of surviving other than genie or pots. I’m not counting heals because in offense gear you get heiro’d quite quickly so healing is not a viable option here. You don’t have leaps like wizards or archers, so you’re… well, you’re just slow to get away. This is the biggest reason why DD mystic is less effective than support mystic. You deal fairly good damage, especially with AS, but you die a lot. That means you’ll have to spend time rebuffing, making chi, taking sigs and getting back into position, which is inefficient. Also, mystic skills have a 27 meter range which is the least a range class can have. This means you’ll spend a lot of time reaching a target when your squad leader is an archer or wizard, who have at least 3 more meters of range than you. It also means you get targeted before those classes because you’re closer to the enemy. All this adds to the notion that DD mystics are not utilizing the full potential of their class.
CC mystic needs a shyt load of defense, even more than support mystics. You’re taking major damage in this position, and you’ll be of no help to your squad mates (other than, of course, by hindering the enemy). Mystics can be effective crowd controllers but it’s not an easy job. Also, I’d say that it's better to be demon in this position, because you can build chi more easily for Gale Force, Listless Blossom and push. Other skills you'll be spamming are Befuddling Creeper, Spidervine and Transfusion if you have the chi for it, aside from healing yourself to stay alive. Most of the CC mystics I have seen (and when I played it myself) fly during the pk. Cutting their damage by half is no problem because they’re not DDing anyway, and flying makes it easier to move around.
Personally I think a support mystic who occasionally uses plants is over all more effective than a pure CC mystic. CC mystics can of course heal, but because they’re close to the enemy lines, they’ll get CC’d themselves as well, making them waste time. Still, mystics can do a good job in any of these positions.

Absorb Soul Myths
There are a lot of myths around Absorb Soul (AS). Here are some things I tested.

The dmg of AS is influenced by the amount of magic of the mystic, and the physical defense of the defender.

AS is non elemental dmg, so it’s not affected by rpd or rmd.

Thirdly, AS is affected by your attack lvls relative to the defense lvls of your opponent. For example: On my sin AS hits 5.5k dmg when I’m using defense weapon (not using NV, or it would be double the dmg). I tested this with R8 weapons since they have very stable magic attack, leaving no room for chance.  When I switch to atk weapon, I hit 6.9k. However, that is on a sin using a dragon dagger. Now if the sin switches to his defense dagger, which in my case is 32 defense lvls, AS deals 5.1k in defense weapon and 5.2k in atk weapon. That means that my attack levels become useless once the sin is in defense gear. To sum it up, on a sin in atk gear I hit 5.5k and 6.9k respectively, on a sin with def gear I hit 5.1k and 5.2k respectively. The important thing to note is that the 6.9k drops to 5.2k. In this case I wasn’t using NV. If I had, that would double both of those numbers, dropping 13.8k to 10.4k. I don’t know the theory but this is how it works.

AS does not remove sleep from a target so that comes in handy when locking with sleep plant (It is important to note that NV should always be used before sleep locking, as otherwise AS will not hit its full dmg).

Combos
The basic combo to use when you want to go for a kill is Leech > rapid growth (possibly switch to attack weapon) > nuke. Leech Devil Chihyu for more crit and Storm Mistress for more magic attack. That means that if you want to kill using wood skills you should leech Devil Chihyu and if you want to kill using AS you leech Storm Mistress.

Mystics are able to lock 24/7. However, that involves incredible timing and stun following stun, so it’s not easy. It also leaves not too much time to DD, so in an actual 1v1 you will not be locking that long. Still, it’s the basis of all locking combos so you need to know how to do it. The combo is pet stun > sleep plant (+ lyse) > pet stun > thicket > pet stun > pet stun > sleep plant > etc.

Mystics have a combo that can heiro, here’s how it goes. You’ll need the max amount of channeling for it to work, namely -97 to -99. Most mystics first use leech to buff either their crit or their magic attack, but that’s optional. The combo itself is either Bramble Tornado (hereafter referred to as ‘push’) > AS or the second one: push > Weeping Breeze Dance. The combo with AS is better on AA and LA classes, and on bms in magic marrow. The combo with WBD is good for barbs, seekers and LA classes. To be honest push > any other skill will do the trick, but AS or WBD have the highest dmg thus making it easier to actually kill someone. Sometimes Gale Force > NV can do the trick at max channeling but to be honest I haven’t really looked into that. Sometimes it works but most of the times it doesn’t.

Hotkeys
NV, AS, pet auto attack, ‘pet skill 2’ and 1 genie skill should be on hotkeys (at least for 1v1) and if possible Break in the Clouds and Falling Petals aswell. These are the skills that you use most or you need to use in very quick succession, so having them on hotkeys will take a load of work off of your mouse hand. While managing these skills with your hotkeys,  you can use your mouse to switch gear, get ready for other skills or use pots/genie.
Personally I have 14 skills on hotkeys (not counting gear and AA which are also on hotkeys, lol) namely NV, AS, Leech, Rapid Growth, Petals, Break in the Clouds, Comforting Mist, Listless Blossom, Lyse, Devil Chihyu, Storm Mistress, pet auto attack, pet stun skill and Nullify. You don’t really need this many, but I find it convenient.

1v1…
…vs other mystics

Gear/genie: full channeling set and glaive, and an atk lvl weapon. Honestly, you don’t want to use anything else. Mandatory genie skills are AD, Faith, Nullify Poison, Fortify and Will surge. Evil Ward is helpful but not really needed. At least I never needed it.

Combos to kill: Because a mystic can heal to full hp instantly, locks are of vital importance. In fact, in mystic vs mystic the one that locks best, wins. In mystic vs mystic you don’t need that many buff ups. Locking is what it’s all about. F1 + F2 is all the dmg you need, but locking is where it gets hard. Standard locks apply, namely pet stun > thicket > pet stun > sleep > pet stun, while using NV and AS. Locks need to be really tight as half a second is enough for a mystic to get full hp + petals back on. AS will be the main dmg skill in this 1v1 setup. Weeping Breeze Dance (or the upgraded version Storm Dance) to reduce max hp can help. Specifically, by lowering the max hp of your opponent you can tick his charm in 1 hit, bypassing Petals’ healing effect. If your opponent is at half hp, you can use rapid growth > atk weapon > AS to bypass his charm and insta kill him. Also, you can put more pressure on your opponent by leeching storm mistress. This increases your magic attack and thus the dmg of AS. Don’t waste time on creeper or other plants, sleep plant is all you need. Gale force is usually not needed.

How to defend: The most important thing if you don’t wanna die to another mystic is to NOT get locked in sleep. Sleep lasts 13 seconds after lyse which is usually enough for a mystic to kill. In serious mystic vs mystic 1v1s Nullify Poison needs to be on a hotkey, or you need crazy mouse skills and reaction. Push is very useful vs mystics, as you can use it to push your opponent out of range when you’re in a pinch. That way you get 1-2 seconds to rebuff yourself before he gets back into range. Always, whatever the case, make sure you’re buffed with Petals. It will give you a good few seconds of extra life while you’re locked, leaving more time for your opponent to make a mistake and for your genie to recover. Also, with as much as a dragon set you can kill the pets of your opponent before they reach you for the stun (this is one of the main reasons you want AS on a hotkey. It will allow you to target the pet with your mouse and while you press the hotkey you can move back your mouse to the mystic itself, getting you ready to cast other skills while not losing any time. It is really important to be quick here). A mystic vs mystic 1v1 usually starts by both mystics killing the pet of their opponent and either spawning another pet or using thicket. Once again, the one who locks first/best has the advantage. Use fortify only in rare occasions when you want to ignore the pet. However, it’s best to keep fortify for breaking out of locks. Mystic stun is the most obvious thing because you see the pet coming to you. It is therefore the easiest one to avoid and break out of a lock. Use Will Surge when you know he’s going to use Thicket. This is, to help you out, after he locked you with sleep and a following pet stun. It’s the only lock that makes sense so Will Surge will get you the time you need to heal back up or counter. You can also use leech as a defensive measure. After using leech you will be immune to movement debuffs (sleep stun and immobilize) for a couple seconds, so you can break out of a lock. Additionally, leeching Devil Chihyu will increase your physical defense by a large amount lowering the dmg done by AS quite a bit. Lastly, don’t ever use Faith unless it’s the only thing you can do to stay alive. People make mistakes and if their locks are not perfect you’ll end up having wasted 160 genie energy and Faith being unavailable for you for 1 minute. Also, when you use faith and you get locked by sleep or thicket, you’re 100% dead. Don’t ever use faith if you don’t absolutely need it.

Extra: To sum it up, Mystics can use stun, seal and sleep, all of which can be avoided by people with anticipation. However, this is only the basic combos and counters. Real experienced mystics will try to trick you in one of three ways. Firstly, when they see you’re fast enough to react to their sleep plant (which means: use Nullify), they will step up a level and instead they will not use lyse just yet, but just leave the sleep plant out. This means they’ll have a chance of getting the random sleep procs through nullify and also, if you don’t kill the plant, they’ll be able to lyse after Nullify is over. You will have to select the plant and kill it with AS if you see this happening (again, this is why you want AS on a hotkey).
Number 2 is by, instead of using sleep plant or thicket at the obvious moment, get out another pet for a stun, trying to trick you and have you waste genie while they have all their locks still at their disposal. This new lock will not be perfect so there is time for you to heal, but in the end you wasting genie is more costly.
Number 3 is used within locks. When you are locked in sleep or thicket, most likely a pet stun will come next. As you can always see the pet coming, it is easy to hit fortify before the pet stuns you, breaking you out of his lock. However, experienced mystics will sometimes call back their pet right before it will stun, making you waste fortify. They will then send their pet back on to you and you will end up being stunned anyway. This will either result in you dying as a cause of not being able to break the lock, or you will not be able to use fortify for 30 seconds giving them much more options of locking.
As people become good at this 1v1 setup it becomes really interesting and challenging to try to lure your opponent into using his genie while not wasting your own. It’s a bit of a cat and mouse game where you have to keep track of your opponents’ cooldowns as well as your own and predicting his locks while staying unpredictable yourself. You need to be aware of your own hp and petals being on you at all time. At this point all locks need to be flawless and smooth. Hesitation will cost you the win. I remember spending a lot of enjoyable evenings 1v1ing Robbert on his mystic. It is truly a thrilling 1v1 setup.

As mentioned before, I will not talk about mystic vs other classes just yet because it's too much work for now, I'm sorry if that caused any inconvenience. Let me know what classes I should work on first and if you found the guide helpful in general. If you think I missed any points of importance let me know too.

Special thanks to EUPHORIC for reviewing.

Last Edit: Nov 17, 2015, 03:51 pm by Woda
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy

CC mystic needs a shyt load of defense, even more than support mystics. You’re taking major damage in this position, and you’ll be of no help to your squad mates (other than, of course, by hindering the enemy). Mystics can be effective crowd controllers but it’s not an easy job. Also, I’d say that it’s not worth it if you’re sage, because Gale Force will have a much lower chance of sealing enemies. Demon is much more effective in this position. Gale Force, Listless Blossom, Befuddling Creeper, Thicket and Push are the skills you will use most, aside from healing yourself to stay alive. Most of the CC mystics I have seen (and when I played it myself) fly during the pk. Cutting their damage by half is no problem because they’re not DDing anyway, and flying makes it easier to move around.
Personally I think a support mystic who occasionally uses plants is over all more effective than a pure CC mystic. CC mystics can of course heal, but because they’re close to the enemy lines, they’ll get CC’d themselves as well, making them waste time. Still, mystics can do a good job in any of these positions.

1. Demon Gale Force only increases the chance of Paralyze/immobilizing not the seal, seals and immobilizing have different chances in the skill. I believe its 30% Seal and 30% immobilize but with the demon version its 30% seal and 65% immobilize.

2. Actually about the Listless Blossom, Befuddling Creeper Dont matter if you are Demon or sage.. they depend on ΣLysing which is the same for both Sage/Demon.. have to be primal tho for the 10 meter plant's explosion for both sage/demon.

3. About Thicket.. as a CC mystic is just a waste.. dont even think about using it..if you have to waste anyway then spam Listless Blossom and Spidervine plants or even Transfusion. Thats if you have chi.. if you are focused and followed by venos/SOGs then yes u gotta make your best out of your few chi and time.. check minute 4:00 http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=29884.0 thats what are you going to have if a veno follows you.

4. If you are going to be a CC mystic, then you have Only TWO reasons to stay as a demon..

First Gale Force:  The chance to immobilize is 65% and seal 30% within 14 meters around you is so useful, sage version isnt bad too it slows enemies by 70% with a chance 100% for 3 seconds. But imo Trading 100% chance to slow with 35% less to immobilize is a win for you.. because theres a higher chance to Seal/Immobilize at the same time which makes the enemies unable to use pots/HPpots.

Second Break in the Clouds: This skill you depend on it for 2 things, first is the insta heal.. but the sage version is better ofc, Second thing is the chance to give you extra 25 chi + the original chi maybe sounds so fluffy but trust me in mass pk when you have ZERO chi due to the venos after you.. it will Help you alot.. lets say after u die and res all you gonna is doing this skill for 2~3 times (its pretty much spammable) then u will have enough chi to Gale, and Listless Blossom just like you didnt die at all with such skill you will be doing the best of this role with very very little effort.

If you dont like the idea of
Break in the Clouds chi, then you better go sage, demon will be useless for you... as you will be more tanky + purify selfheal + sage chi skill  (all of this is about CC mystics only)

Theres another role beside Fullsuppport/DD/CC Mystic idk if anyone uses it but it exists i used to do it.. which is being support but if you have another 2 clerics or another support mystic in the same squad.. then you will be doing this..  
First of all you will need to have an eye on close Flying Enemy Clerics around you.. simply u will summon
Devil Chihyu pet then stun, then Storm Mistress then Seal.. keep repeating until someone in ur squad's hp dropping hard, help them then keep doing the pet-locking.. if the cleric is abit far then just do the Devil Chihyu pet then stun.. and keep repeating like a nerd you are.
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2015, 01:37 pm by Toughness

Offline Woda

1. Demon Gale Force only increases the chance of Paralyze/immobilizing not the seal, seals and immobilizing have different chances in the skill. I believe its 30% Seal and 30% immobilize but with the demon version its 30% seal and 65% immobilize.

2. Actually about the Listless Blossom, Befuddling Creeper Dont matter if you are Demon or sage.. they depend on ΣLysing which is the same for both Sage/Demon.. have to be primal tho for the 10 meter plant's explosion for both sage/demon.

3. About Thicket.. as a CC mystic is just a waste.. dont even think about using it..if you have to waste anyway then spam Listless Blossom and Spidervine plants or even Transfusion. Thats if you have chi.. if you are focused and followed by venos/SOGs then yes u gotta make your best out of your few chi and time.. check minute 4:00 http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=29884.0 thats what are you going to have if a veno follows you.

4. If you are going to be a CC mystic, then you have Only TWO reasons to stay as a demon..

First Gale Force:  The chance to immobilize is 65% and seal 30% within 14 meters around you is so useful, sage version isnt bad too it slows enemies by 70% with a chance 100% for 3 seconds. But imo Trading 100% chance to slow with 35% less to immobilize is a win for you.. because theres a higher chance to Seal/Immobilize at the same time which makes the enemies unable to use pots/HPpots.

Second Break in the Clouds: This skill you depend on it for 2 things, first is the insta heal.. but the sage version is better ofc, Second thing is the chance to give you extra 25 chi + the original chi maybe sounds so fluffy but trust me in mass pk when you have ZERO chi due to the venos after you.. it will Help you alot.. lets say after u die and res all you gonna is doing this skill for 2~3 times (its pretty much spammable) then u will have enough chi to Gale, and Listless Blossom just like you didnt die at all with such skill you will be doing the best of this role with very very little effort.

If you dont like the idea of
Break in the Clouds chi, then you better go sage, demon will be useless for you... as you will be more tanky + purify selfheal + sage chi skill  (all of this is about CC mystics only)

Theres another role beside Fullsuppport/DD/CC Mystic idk if anyone uses it but it exists i used to do it.. which is being support but if you have another 2 clerics or another support mystic in the same squad.. then you will be doing this..  
First of all you will need to have an eye on close Flying Enemy Clerics around you.. simply u will summon
Devil Chihyu pet then stun, then Storm Mistress then Seal.. keep repeating until someone in ur squad's hp dropping hard, help them then keep doing the pet-locking.. if the cleric is abit far then just do the Devil Chihyu pet then stun.. and keep repeating like a nerd you are.
`
Thanks for the feedback.
1-4: so am I right when I think you say the only real reason to be demon as a CC mystic is because of the extra chi? I think that makes sense, especially because I was wrong about the Gale Force procs. If you agree, I'll change it.

5: Which is basically CCing a cleric, right? CCing the cleric while healing your squad?
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
`
Thanks for the feedback.
1-4: so am I right when I think you say the only real reason to be demon as a CC mystic is because of the extra chi? I think that makes sense, especially because I was wrong about the Gale Force procs. If you agree, I'll change it.

5: Which is basically CCing a cleric, right? CCing the cleric while healing your squad?
Well yeah.. gale force is abit more useful than sage.. but the only reason that demon mystic is good for CC is that he get focused alot and chi drain alooooot.. even if u die.. u still can use the Heal skill to come back within 3~5 seconds depends on your luck

5 is about Locking a cleric.. or just annoying a cleric beside healing.. u cant call CC on a one target since it means " crowd control " .. you cant crowd control one person xD doesnt make sense

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
thats how u named ur video and u r mostly locking butthead
doesnt make sense xd
First i said this 
Then he was calling it CCing a cleric, so i replied saying You can call CCing 1 person cus it doesnt make sense, its more like locking/annoying

And about my gameplay.. watch my videos.. watch what i do to squads dude, if you havent noticed then consider urself didnt watch at all.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
First i said this
Then he was calling it CCing a cleric, so i replied saying You can call CCing 1 person cus it doesnt make sense, its more like locking/annoying

And about my gameplay.. watch my videos.. watch what i do to squads dude, if you havent noticed then consider urself didnt watch at all.
in mass pk, the only purposes a class gains are : DD/CC/Support
CC = any kind of stun landed to a crowd, right? but an EP aswell CCs, just because the term applies to an use towards a crowd , is still used as its 'locking some1' in mass pk
just like DD'ing, AOE/single targets, is still DD
just like healing, support classes 'take care of party' but yet they are using sht towards 1 target aswell
u send chihyu to stun some1 = cc
just like if i go sleep throatcut tackling / stun an ep , is still same sht
there's no other roles in pk, unless u count the  nowadays russians that have 1 more role and that is having blue named wb looking for people using flyhack, ironic =))

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
but yet they are using sht towards 1 target aswell
u send chihyu to stun some1 = cc
Once again...
u cant call CC on a one target since it means " crowd control " .. you cant crowd control one person xD doesnt make sense

Offline Woda

Okay that's enough discussion about the definition of CC. I meant CC as in controlling the movements of the target or locking the target. In that sense, it makes perfect sense. Regardless, the point has been made clear, I'll change it.

heiro

holy sht dude, thats long xD

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic
  • Faction: Tyrants
Ty Woda for this guide. Was very thoughtful of you. Lot of detail was put into it. Nicely done. ^.^

Offline Woda

holy sht dude, thats long xD
It's supposed to be ^^ I'm aiming to make a complete guide so it should be long. And I'll keep adding stuff if I think it's important. Don't forget that I have only described mystic vs mystic, nothing about fighting the other 9 classes so far.

Offline ArnldSqshdMyNgbr

• ★Venocancer☠
  • Characters: ✒🍍🍎✒
  • Faction: ♔ ʌ℘๏ℓℓʊʍⅈ ♔
+1 for the guide , +1 for the try , +1 for mystic , -1 for me cause didn't read anything...

P.S. when i saw all this stuff i just alt +f4

me, peds & apo  :-* siggy for 1 person :)) O:-)

:tiger-48: thanks for fun :tiger-48:

Offline Areashi

• Banned
+1 for the guide , +1 for the try , +1 for mystic , -1 for me cause didn't read anything...

P.S. when i saw all this stuff i just alt +f4

i.e.?