Epic Perfect World

ep vs sin

Offline Shintera

First off i'm not saying sin is broken.

I am however curious what an ep actually needs to 1v1 a sin. . Currently I've got over 67 defense levels, and can only survive with expel up. (this is vs full r8 aps sins). 

I have attempted going with a purify wep (but i lose a lot of def lvls with it, so they just melt me), I've attempted full on defense (ascended dragon, vit tome, 3.4k hp, 67+ def lvls), and i can still die to more than 1 stun chained into straight aps (or occult iced after faith has been used). I haven't been able to go full dps burst with ironguard or anything that way yet, since i'm built mostly support. . ... . . . . tidal protection prevents me from sealing them for very long, if at all. . . . . so i'm curious how do other ep's manage this particular fight. 

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
u r doing it wrong  if u cant tank some1 alone as ep
puri weap, 4% rpd boots, legs, -6% ct wrists, dragon top, vit neck, def cape, phy ring / mag one with 3% rpd
spam vanguard (sage) and plume shell when needed
try to practice fortifying be4 stuns since they are predictable

Offline Shintera

I'm talking straight up 1v1's not just tanking them. if i stay out of uv i can tank them for a very long time. but i have 0 kill potential that way

Offline Shintera

i'm wearing double channel boots/legs, drag top, 30+ def lvl wep, ascended drag cape, -6 channel wrist. def lvl/phys res warsong belt. shitty rings, and a shitty ammy.

Offline Shintera

u r doing it wrong  if u cant tank some1 alone as ep
puri weap, 4% rpd boots, legs, -6% ct wrists, dragon top, vit neck, def cape, phy ring / mag one with 3% rpd
spam vanguard (sage) and plume shell when needed
try to practice fortifying be4 stuns since they are predictable

the way your putting it. it's expected for me to have basically 0 channel. . . . . 6 ammy 6 belt 10 from 1 ring, 6 bracers 12 weapon. (and 20 magic shell when i'm not stunned before. so practice there). . . . . . go from a 97% channel build down to 40 (60 after magic shell). . . . . . . . . . so few spells can be used at all without the channel. 

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
If you only have around 67ish you need more defense levels whether its on your ornaments or your weapon. Purify weapon is good against sins, just be sure to use shields and what not cause you're right, you become squishier. Most people just wait until the tidal has went off, maybe throwing tiny hits here and there before it goes off to take down the genie. With no genie you're hoping to just sleep, debuff and crit them. xd My ep has 88 defense levels while being full magic so it's pretty easy for me to just plume shield and kite until there is no tidal c:
If you feel like you are still too squishy try using a physical ring with defense levels on it. Being sage ep makes it easier but I think demon could tank just as good.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
If you only have around 67ish you need more defense levels whether its on your ornaments or your weapon. Purify weapon is good against sins, just be sure to use shields and what not cause you're right, you become squishier. Most people just wait until the tidal has went off, maybe throwing tiny hits here and there before it goes off to take down the genie. With no genie you're hoping to just sleep, debuff and crit them. xd My ep has 88 defense levels while being full magic so it's pretty easy for me to just plume shield and kite until there is no tidal c:
If you feel like you are still too squishy try using a physical ring with defense levels on it. Being sage ep makes it easier but I think demon could tank just as good.
Noob ep advice  :rolleyes:
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Noob ep advice  :rolleyes:
Yesssssss
10/10

Offline Shintera

so camp defense without a care for tidal. and switch gear after tidal?. i don't think i'd have much more def lvls with a puri wep lets see

ammy - 5 (7 if it's a def lvl one)
belt - 7
drag cape - 5
ring - 5
2nd ring - 2
wep - 34 (currently) / probabyl 4 with a puri wep once a defence one is done (8 if i'm lucky)
cards - probably 10-15 or so from war avatars
cleric r8 set - 30

i'm coming up with probably 68 with a puri weapon vs the 98 i'd have with def lvl wep. (i'm not online atm so i can't just look at it). idk where you get 88 as a full mag. (the phys def ring i could trade out. and go down to 87 ct instead of 97 for the pdef it provides). idk about losing all my channel stuff though, seems like it would be difficult getting very many spells off in a fight otherwise

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran

so camp defense without a care for tidal. and switch gear after tidal?. i don't think i'd have much more def lvls with a puri wep lets see

ammy - 5 (7 if it's a def lvl one)
belt - 7
drag cape - 5
ring - 5
2nd ring - 2
wep - 34 (currently) / probabyl 4 with a puri wep once a defence one is done (8 if i'm lucky)
cards - probably 10-15 or so from war avatars
cleric r8 set - 30

i'm coming up with probably 68 with a puri weapon vs the 98 i'd have with def lvl wep. (i'm not online atm so i can't just look at it). idk where you get 88 as a full mag. (the phys def ring i could trade out. and go down to 87 ct instead of 97 for the pdef it provides). idk about losing all my channel stuff though, seems like it would be difficult getting very many spells off in a fight otherwise
Most camp defense until the tidal is off, yes. Violet dance, debuffs, one spark, plume shield and you should be ok for a while if you don't kill them. If you're sage you have the channel and physical buff so if you were to switch out a ring it wouldn't make a big difference, physical buff with the purify weapon.
Once you get your gear done it should be easier for you. Although if you have the build to tank you normally tank, full magic for dding and such. Besides the debuffs most eps don't use more than three or so skills fighting. Elven bloon, primal cyclone, wield thunder, sometimes plume shot. Those skills don't take anything to channel so you'd be fine c;

Offline Shintera

Most camp defense until the tidal is off, yes. Violet dance, debuffs, one spark, plume shield and you should be ok for a while if you don't kill them. If you're sage you have the channel and physical buff so if you were to switch out a ring it wouldn't make a big difference, physical buff with the purify weapon.
Once you get your gear done it should be easier for you. Although if you have the build to tank you normally tank, full magic for dding and such. Besides the debuffs most eps don't use more than three or so skills fighting. Elven bloon, primal cyclone, wield thunder, sometimes plume shot. Those skills don't take anything to channel so you'd be fine c;

i'll keep it in mind. and ya i'm intending to be support sure. but having a 2nd set for mag/dps/dd later on will be nice (however that's on the back burner till my support stuff is finished).  also theirs the morai skills that i like to use during fights as well (mark of weakness, chains, and the 2 absorb healing skills that heal me for 1/3 and 1/5 of my hp respectively). still nearly no channel time. I guess sparking for a kill is a more viable option than trying to go full channel and add in 1-2 more spells. 

mayhaps i'm to focused on trying to fit 10 spells into the 9-10 spells into the buff time of magic shell, and can be ok with 7 or so (less if any of them are chromatic). a phys ring combined with sage phys buff will provide with a lot of defense that's for sure. apreciate the help and not just yelling at me for being a straight up noob. (used to pwi stuff, but the amount of channel and such here, kinda throws things off by a fair bit from there). 

Offline LeiTo

• Old Player
  • Characters: LeiTo
  • Faction: Tyrants
Hope I can help you..

I will not at all anymore pretend to be best cleric these days since I'm inactive like hell but:

Don't waste time with people saying it's easy to tank/kill sin with Cleric. Lack of knowledge or just hypocrite to say something honnest.

Sin is the hardest class to kill for cleric.
Yes, I always tanked them like easily with puri +  spam heal + pdef boost.
But braindead people don't understand we talk about 1v1 and it's not that way, you will kill a sin..

Cleric vs Sin is like a pointless fight since you can't do anything offensive if they aren't on schackle during their tidal.
At the start of the fight, you can't play... you have nothing usefull to do to try to catch them when tidal off..
I 8-0'd most of sins in this server when script doesn't exist and when no one was too much tryhard, and to be honest I still don't know how they all let us catch them... anti stun then will surge, is the time needed to get tidal back..
When I see some of them using 2*3spark + sealth to tank during their "off tidal time..."  lol :)
Don't waste time to find solution to kill sins.
Don't even know the level of tryhardism requiered to beat best of them ^^'

Today best cleric against best sin will just be a no ending fight.

Not sure why people talk about def lvl weap to 1v1 sin..
I should take still 3/4k from 3.33 aps, (not even talking about gof hit..) with 90def lvl and 30k+ pdef and a high %rpd.

You have no choice, forced to use puri weap. Sin are too much overpowered for anything else.

But to be honest, just don't waste time with sins, the 1v1 is pointless, the class is over broken, now with script you have less chance to kill them, they tank you afk, ...

Just go puri weap, spam heal, spam pdef boost, and troll.

Actually 2 of the best sins with 2 barbs, really have fking trouble to kill me in support mode so...

Anyway enjoy DD cleric, funny as fk.
And be careful in mass pk, you will take 10-15k from aps sins and perma hierobug xD

Oh and it's should be helpfull, my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYKPKJL9R62uEIFuL8TXMLQ

Offline Shintera

sins are extremely difficult for me. You seem to be one of the more well known ep's for being good at it so i'll take your word on it. In mass pk i'll probably alternate between support and full offence once i have the gear for it, (were talking a long way down the road). 

I can't actually say much else, until i get the necessary gear and fight more often while implement a few things i don't do yet. like a purify weapon with some def lvls. mark of weakness once somebody sells it to me. and so on. Appreciate the all round help (seems it's still heavily on gear, and not timing certain genie skills . . . . . . . . relying on expel/faith often). 

Offline LeiTo

• Old Player
  • Characters: LeiTo
  • Faction: Tyrants
Thing is, best sins are the much well geared players from far on this server, since it's the most played class.

OP gears or not will not change alot for cleric in EPW, even if it will help.
People know bad cleric, for them it's like just spam heal or repeat the same combo in UV.
It's should be the class the most timing based..
Of course than timing is important for us...

Just don't give too much importance on killing sins in 1v1.
They are really broken, more there are game evolution more 1v1's are irrevelant, cleric v sin is really a pointless fight.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Thing is, best sins are the much well geared players from far on this server, since it's the most played class.

OP gears or not will not change alot for cleric in EPW, even if it will help.
People know bad cleric, for them it's like just spam heal or repeat the same combo in UV.
It's should be the class the most timing based..
Of course than timing is important for us...

Just don't give too much importance on killing sins in 1v1.
They are really broken, more there are game evolution more 1v1's are irrevelant, cleric v sin is really a pointless fight.
yea especially when  locking some1