Epic Perfect World

Unbinding

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
I would like unbinding of gear to made available , I can already guess majority (if not all) of gm responses but i'm going to go ahead and say this anyway as i have a few ideas for services for this

So i cant really understand why unbinding isn't a service that is provided here, seeing that this is a private server I feel it shouldn't be limited to the boundaries of PWI. Yes unbinding is possible and it may be time a little time consuming IF everyone was to want this service however i highly doubt there's a large amount of players who want gear unbound/have gear bound in the first place. I have some solutions which may seem desirable to those who do and to the GMs who would be dealing this;

• A new sub thread such as the helpdesk is made in which players can leave unbinding requests for GMs to do at times when they're not particularly busy

• Players can PM an online GMs to unbind gear when they have free time to do so

• A custom NPC is introduced for the purpose of unbinding 

• $5-10 donation or an item in the points shop (So can be acquired by non donators) for GMs to provide time for the unbinding of gear, they will be contacted via forums or in-game

• Unbinding is provided for only those who sit above a certain threshold when it comes to how much they have donated to the  server, as their donations have supported the server theyre entitled to unbinding services from GMs 

Any comments please feel free to leave below , hopefully this gets enough support and attention that it leads to unbinding being made available :) 

may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
Unbinding...yes please.  O:-)

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
LOL HELL NO -1!!!
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Why not?
LOL HELL NO -1!!!
/delete
/ban

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
LOL HELL NO -1!!!
when are you gonna say anything intelligent/of relevance ?  ???

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
when are you gonna say anything intelligent/of relevance ?  ???
ok kid then i ll say this: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=27932.msg386922#msg386922

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
ok kid then i ll say this: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=27932.msg386922#msg386922
So they can check ips before hand, they spam red chat telling people not to share accounts, so if they share accounts they should be ready to face the consequences  :) next? 

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
So they can check ips before hand, they spam red chat telling people not to share accounts, so if they share accounts they should be ready to face the consequences  :) next?
i meant what Tonika/Dismal said bout it....

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
I think it's best there isn't a way to unbind items. It tells you when you go to bind them they can't be unbound. Plus there are guardian scrolls available to keep from dropping your items instead of binding them. Also, say someone gave their info away/sold the account (which people do  :rolleyes: >:( )  and they unbind the gear, sell it, blah blah, the owner wants the account back for whatever reason and then comes crying to us blaming us cause we unbound it and wants their stuff back. It'd just be a big chaotic mess. :/ 
So they can check ips before hand, they spam red chat telling people not to share accounts, so if they share accounts they should be ready to face the consequences  :) next?

read what i said again and stop filling my thread up with your non sense , they can check the ips to see if its owners account, and if someone has given away their account they should be ready to face to possibility that their stuff will be taken bound or not

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
I think it's best there isn't a way to unbind items. It tells you when you go to bind them they can't be unbound.

if you dont get it now you wont ever get it... i am out now... bye

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Why do people bind stuff here anyways?

Offline Areashi

• Banned

read what i said again and stop filling my thread up with your non sense , they can check the ips to see if its owners account, and if someone has given away their account they should be ready to face to possibility that their stuff will be taken bound or not
You're arguing something stupid here. It's the account owner's responsibility to keep his info secret anyway, therefore they should be liable for any wrongdoings happening on their account. If their 'friends' steal their items (like what happened to me) the owner of the account should be liable.
Also haha, when I got stolen from no GM gave a sht why should any1 else get special treatment?

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
+1. It's already a feature in PWI. I don't see why the hell everyone is so against an unbinding service (most of you people don't even bind your items to begin with, so it's not even relevant to you. ??? )

It could be done so that you have to unbind the item with a code (like the bank code) to prevent people you share your account with from unbinding the items. 

AND this feature could be implemented on the Game Panel (under the same thing as reset bank code), since I doubt it can be implemented in game. It could say something like "Reset Bound Items." And then come up to a page requiring a code different from your password.
Last Edit: Nov 10, 2015, 10:02 pm by Sierra

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
You're arguing something stupid here. It's the account owner's responsibility to keep his info secret anyway, therefore they should be liable for any wrongdoings happening on their account. If their 'friends' steal their items (like what happened to me) the owner of the account should be liable.
Also haha, when I got stolen from no GM gave a sht why should any1 else get special treatment?
Also, it's in the rules that it's bannable to steal another person's items. 

4.1  Using any methods which's purpose is to obtain account details of other players without their awareness or taking items from their account without their will, results in permanent ban of all linked accounts of the cheater.

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
Why do people bind stuff here anyways?
Because there was a time when I thought it looked good 

What am I arguing thats stupid?  I'm saying the acxount owner is liable to what happens to their account if they willingly shared it..