Epic Perfect World

Not so Secret Santa! ☃

Offline Iyrin

• A ▼ ▲ A ▼ ▲
  • Artists instinctively want to reflect humanity—
  • Characters: Dominija

Not so Secret Santa!

In light of the Reddit Secret Santa 2015, I thought it would be fun to have a Not so Secret Santa here on the forums. Reason for it being not so secret is because it's kind of hard to keep it secret with a gaming forum. Anyways, the idea goes like this:

Each person participating will be assigned a matched-up Secret Santa ( I will be picking match-ups via this )which I will post once we reach the deadline for sign-ups.
Ex: Person A rolled first on the wheel and Person G rolled second, Persons A and G will be each others "Not so Secret Santa".

Gifting

Try to keep gifts forum based such as art, poems, letters etc since in-game things aren't always wanted/needed. But I understand if people don't like doing artsy stuff so in-game gifts are still optional. Either way just don't be a douche and give your Not so Secret Santa a poopy gift, be nice and put at some thought into it. Who knows, maybe your in-game gift could be a full day pocket healer! Be creative. :P

Directions

1) Reply to this thread, stating that you'd like to join plus your forum name as well as in-game name (some of you have weird symbols in names so this well help a lot) and I will make a list of those who plan to participate. Name format in the list will be
Forum_Name , InGame_Name.
2) When I post the list of match-ups, go communicate/ask whatever you need to with your match-up. Then send your gift via forum or in-game respectively.
3) If you feel like sharing what you got, leave a post in the thread!

Deadlines
Sign-ups start: Today (Nov 5, 2015)
Sign-ups end: Nov 20, 2015
Give your gift by: Dec 25, 2015

I will be participating as well and if there's an odd number of participants I'll just take two match-ups.

Participants

Match-Ups

Last Edit: Nov 21, 2015, 01:40 pm by Dominija
I'll do eet. I love Secret Santa.  :-[

Forum: ♔
IGN: Kitten
Kitten | Darling | Charming | Baby | Fragile | Princess | Crybaby | Vixen | Sassy

art hoarde

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Lovely idea but what happens with people quitting or "forgetting"?

We tried this as a faction event last year and between people leaving faction, quitting the game and forgetting even with constant reminders me and our fac lead laid down alot of extra money so those beeing matched to one of the quitters wouldnt be left with nothing.

Offline Iyrin

• A ▼ ▲ A ▼ ▲
Lovely idea but what happens with people quitting or "forgetting"?

We tried this as a faction event last year and between people leaving faction, quitting the game and forgetting even with constant reminders me and our fac lead laid down alot of extra money so those beeing matched to one of the quitters wouldnt be left with nothing.
Anyone who was left out will be placed into another round of the wheel and once again if there's an odd one out then I will take it.
In an effort to avoid having to go through the trouble of prepping double gifts I suggest waiting till Dec 24 or 25th and checking up with your match-up to see if they're ready. And if not, save it for a second round. (This works best for in-game prepared gifts but as for forum gifts, if you want to make it transferable just make sure its not personalized or if it's written then you can go back and edit the name used etc.)
It's not full-proof but it's the best method I can think of, suggestions are welcome.

Edit: as for those who quit or "forgot" they won't be given another chance for the second round.
Last Edit: Nov 05, 2015, 04:23 pm by Dominija

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
hm.. I would be interested in joining.. would be a good way to brush up on my art skills lol
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Iyrin

• A ▼ ▲ A ▼ ▲
If you want to participate please leave both your forum name and in-game name. (:

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
Forum name: Apollo The Husky

IGN: KitKat

sorry didn't catch that part D: 
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Forum name: Frost
IGN: Frost
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Forum: Ely
In-game: Nya

Offline Gio

• Noobed vs Noobed
  • On the top of EPW food chain
  • Characters: Noobed
  • Faction: Zulu
Forum: Gio
InGame :War/PIayboy/Pestilence

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Sierra
Ign: Sierra

PS: It sucks that the GNs can't play. :c
Last Edit: Nov 05, 2015, 08:37 pm by Sierra

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Sierra

It's not a gm hosted event +  the gifts are supposed to be a forum thing if possibleand not ig, i guess gms could join in and recieve a drawing and gift a poem to someone?
Would be nice if they could participate.

Offline x u u y a

• Faction: Artifex
Sounds fun  ^-^

Forum name: 敏敏
IGN: Xuuya

lul

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
It's not a gm hosted event +  the gifts are supposed to be a forum thing if possibleand not ig, i guess gms could join in and recieve a drawing and gift a poem to someone?
Would be nice if they could participate.
I know, that's what I meant. x:

Offline Iyrin

• A ▼ ▲ A ▼ ▲
Sierra

I don't know if there's a rule among the GMs themselves stating that they can't, but I would assume they could as long as their gifts were kept forum based.