Epic Perfect World

Replace +5DEF stat to +15%RMD on Barbarian R8

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
This isn't meant to be a "Boost my class because I want it boosted" thread, I'm speaking logically. Please hear me out before commenting.

Barbarian was meant to be the original "Tank" class for Perfect World, by having high vitality and high physical defense in barbarian form. 

Barbarian also was meant to be paired with a support member in almost all situations to make up for the features they lack. Effective self heals, magical defense, etc.

On EPW currently; we're using R8R gears. On official; where Rank 9 and other gear-sets balance each other out (mostly) there isn't much that a barb can't tank. However, on this server, it's much different. Barbarian's (in a pure strength build) will die easily from a fully geared Wizard almost instantly with or without spark.

A barbarian in full strength build will also die extremely easily when fighting a fully geared archer, who's metal damage can range almost always in the 20K+ range.

Here's my argument: 

On EPW currently most barbarian's are strength-DPH, or dragon-APS.

Both of these builds aren't viable to sustain themselves against incoming magic damage, with the exception of those who are fortunate enough to have the most perfectly honed, and luck-given stats. Such as double +MDEF on pants and x2/3 RMD on their rank sets. 

The issue with this is that this heavily promotes the use of macro's so that two gearsets can be easily swapped out. I'm against macro's completely, I will say this now; however for players that don't use macro's it's extremely hard to function on a barbarian. 

As it currently stands, barb's are one of the few classes in-game that doesn't benefit from a +15% RMD/+15RPD stat on the armor.

Just from the heavy classes alone; 

Seeker & Blademasters (Which already by default have extremely high defense) .. BM's w/ their Marrows and Seekers with their +30 DEF buff.

They both have +15%RMD. 

Barbarians though? They don't. Their (3) stat is +5DEF level. 

This makes no sense to me. Out of all three of these classes; barbarian IMO deserves the 15%RMD more than anyone. 

Without the 15% RMD, Seekers AND Blademasters both would be completely fine still. Barbarian, without this, takes extremely too much magic damage. 

I know that the 15% RMD was probably not added to barb's R8 because of the assumption of them being "too tanky" in TW; however, I find that BM's are much more tanky by default (nearly unkillable without 5+ people constantly attacking them in mass).

However, since MOST BARBS ON THE SERVER AREN'T VIT BUILD.. Why isn't this stat given to barbarians? It would hardly "Break" anything. 

All in all, I feel that it's completely unfair that a fully geared BM (using marrow) can take 5-6K damage from a wizards Spark combo, then a barb in return (without using Solid shield or Invoke) will take 50K +

Please give barbarians +15%RMD instead of +5 Defense levels for (3). If Spark won't be nerfed; I think that giving the barb's this may help barb's cope with the insane amounts of magic damage they take by default. 

Unless you're one of the few "best geared support barbs in the server" .. You don't know the pain we go through when trying to tank one magic class, let alone 10+ in mass PK.

Offline zFlashx

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: zFlashx, Immortalize, Imperious
  • Faction: Xpendable

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Nah, learn scripting, my pure str wb gets hit by good geared ea's for 8-14k crits(which isn't enough to kill since wb got HoS, SS and other defensive skills) and 12-18k crits by mg's without spark

if you want more mdef on wb then boost ea's damage

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
Nah, learn scripting
This is exactly the issue. Scripting.

The one thing that most of the server doesn't want to support.

I've seen your barb, which is one of the barb's on the server w/ RMD on each piece of their R8 that they macro into.

And if you read correctly; you'd of seen where I said "When not using Defensive skills" ..Obviously magic isn't going to do much damage when you're using solid shield, that's common sense.

In MASS PK barbarian's die easily when a squad AA's on them, so I don't understand why you're trying to say archers need more damage.

Offline zFlashx

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: zFlashx, Immortalize, Imperious
  • Faction: Xpendable
Nah, learn scripting, my pure str wb gets hit by good geared ea's for 8-14k crits(which isn't enough to kill since wb got HoS, SS and other defensive skills) and 12-18k crits by mg's without spark

if you want more mdef on wb then boost ea's damage
yeah listen to this guy he's a genius

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

The one thing that most of the server doesn't want to support.

I've seen your barb, which is one of the barb's on the server w/ RMD on each piece of their R8 that they macro into.

And if you read correctly; you'd of seen where I said "When not using Defensive skills" ..Obviously magic isn't going to do much damage when you're using solid shield, that's common sense.

In MASS PK barbarian's die easily when a squad AA's on them, so I don't understand why you're trying to say archers need more damage.
Everything dies like that in mass pk, stop posting nonsense already.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Everything dies like that in mass pk, stop posting nonsense already.
That's exactly my point, what are you calling nonsense? 

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

The one thing that most of the server doesn't want to back.

Nah, I got only one set of r8, don't care much about alt's gear and I got rmd on one piece only, wb has too much def already and that's the reason I don't lose to ea's on wb (I might lose 1-2 rounds in bo10 if I fk up)

Rofl I read thread name only and I don't understand how you die easily in mass pk on wb, I log wb mostly for mass pk and I always have 10-20 kdr (if maxy and maxime don't spark me at sundown) maybe you need to work on your survivability, I might make a video sometime to show everyone how to play wb in mass pk since I'm most pk experienced player and best party leader in whole PW

yeah listen to this guy he's a genius

+1

Offline Hak

• σ.σ
  • ºO•.A ѕιмρℓє ρєяѕση, ωιтн α ƈσмρℓιƈαтє∂ мιη∂¸.•Oº
+1. I totally agree. I drop so fast against wizards with my barb... It's really hard because i don't do scripting, and their damage is so strong. It's true that barbs got a little more hp than other class, but apart from that, seekers and Bm's can get barb buff, but we can't get that 15%RMD. What makes barb so special? Solid shield is not enough, wizards can go def gear and jump everywhere till they get us on a weak spot and attack. Barbarian is not even my main class, i play psychic, but i think it's necessary. 
▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Homuncle░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂
████████████████████████████████████████
█ Yoυ ωon'т ғιnd тнe вeaт, υnтιl yoυ loѕe yoυrѕelғ ιn ιт.     █
████████████████████████████████████████

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
+1. I totally agree. I drop so fast against wizards with my barb... It's really hard because i don't do scripting, and their damage is so strong. It's true that barbs got a little more hp than other class, but apart from that, seekers and Bm's can get barb buff, but we can't get that 15%RMD. What makes barb so special? Solid shield is not enough, wizards can go def gear and jump everywhere till they get us on a weak spot and attack. Barbarian is not even my main class, i play psychic, but i think it's necessary.
Thank's for contributing and not trolling like some people

Goldengate

5 DEF is like 5% RPD and 5% RMD. DEF levels are far more important than other reductions...

Offline Muntgrumble

• Beginner
  • Characters: Muntgrumble/Removed/Poromclorn
  • Faction: Warning
I think this is a totally acceptable suggestion and should've been made earlier tbh. +1

5 DEF is like 5% RPD and 5% RMD. DEF levels are far more important than other reductions...

We don't need RPD as barbs. I can handle taking ~5% more phys damage as a sacrifice for more mdef which barbs desperately need.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker

Lets take away your 15% RPD stat and replace it with +5 defense levels then. See how you will feel about that.  :-X
I think this is a totally acceptable suggestion and should've been made earlier tbh. +1

We don't need RPD as barbs. I can handle taking ~5% more phys damage as a sacrifice for more mdef which barbs desperately need.

Pretty much this

Offline Vasto

• Characters: Vasto
  • Faction: ★Requiem
+1. Barb just die easily to Wiz.

Offline Tom

• Tom the Dank Engine
  • DH Dominator
  • Characters: HugeMiddleLeg Memorie FkOfFMeMorons
  • Faction: Slayers, Outcasts
+1, was about time to suggest this thread.
-1 to swane's dumb suggestions  rofl
Dislike these new guilds