The vit cape requirement brought back into discussion

Offline Savi

• Old Player
  • ♥Zhoephast was here♥!ace too♥
+1
Make it more than 750vit.

Offline D' Zen

• Forum Veteran
Tryna balance is like introducing Microsoft Edge to cover up failures of Internet Explorer. Won't change anything. Stop whining about every little stuff. I don't know how choker has patience to deal with x9192631770 suggestions popping up every week. Since when are you guys perfectionist seeking balance. On what standards are you even talking? ? ? Stop giving Prezmek AIDS. I feel sorry for him already.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Why do you guys keep arguing? Game won't be balanced until there's a way to stop scripting

How to "fix" the defense problem.

Restrict the capes to everyone (700+ vit)

People say mage is hard to play, no, it's not. I've played it for weeks now on a fully geared toon and it is ridiculously easy, we don't need defense camp either. The only way that mage remotely needs defense camp is to stand up against OTHER defense campers.

It's an infinite loop and you guys obviously can't understand this.

Goldengate

Because people are camping DEF doesn't mean they are full VIT and can't be killed...

As a mystic and EP, I find magic far more important than VIT. VIT only gives small bonuses compared to gears. VIT requirement for the gears aren't needed and I believe everyone should have the freedom of stat distribution...  

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
Restrict the capes to everyone (700+ vit)

People played PW FOR YEARS WITHOUT DEFENSE CAMPING PEOPLE, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU NEED THIS IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME. WHAT A JOKE! The people defending this playstyle are the biggest abusers too.

I made a mage, and yeah, I have to swap an entire set of gear each time I pk using a script. I'm not proud of it, but it's the only way I can remotely kill anything/survive. Why you ask?

People say mage is hard to play, no, it's not. I've played it for weeks now on a fully geared toon and it is ridiculously easy, we don't need defense camp either. The only way that mage remotely needs defense camp is to stand up against OTHER defense campers.

To your first point: If you restrict def camping to r8r only you should restrict aps camping to r8r only too which would mean that the noobing around in aps gear will stop most likely

I ll give you the point that Sins and Wizzards are full offensive cause that is definately a fact. BUT any other class besides Barbs and Clerics and Mystics are supposed to be full offensive too so logical you should remove defcape from them too. Oh and no offense but if Wiz is full offense why you wear a cube neck on yours instead of a DS ;)

Capes shouldnt have Vit restrictions cause (good) clerics wouldnt be able to wear them anymore cause seriously a good cleric goes full mag and nothing else... sorry to all the kids that feel offended now but its a fact!

bye
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
  • Characters: BarbWired
why dont we just remove the cape completely lmao i honestly dont think any class needs it
and bms/eps/wfs honestly doesn't need it to tank
just my opinion
agreed,
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran
Not every class is op with def camp,restricting cape won't change too much but it can be restricted for mystics/wfs/seekers for those who look only at 1v1 perspective but then again not everyone gonna agree on this just because some are more into mass PK.
OT: -1

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
Locked while cleaning crew is tidying up this mess.

Behave now.  :rolleyes:
Last Edit: Oct 28, 2015, 11:56 am by Dismal
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline marco777

• Faction: goodarmy
give cape back to sins no one playing sin in mass pk

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
+1 to 700 vit, 750 seems too much.

Offline BarbWired

• Demon Vit Barb
  • Characters: BarbWired
give cape back to sins no one playing sin in mass pk
Not true. Ive seen quite a few sins in mass pk and those i have seen who arent in mass spam their SoDs, AD, IG, sutra, ive even seen a sin use dew, just so they dont get hit more than 2-3 tines in a row....but with good offensive sin theres no need for def gear or even sods >.>
~Breaking Metas Daily~

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex
Not true. Ive seen quite a few sins in mass pk and those i have seen who arent in mass spam their SoDs, AD, IG, sutra, ive even seen a sin use dew, just so they dont get hit more than 2-3 tines in a row....but with good offensive sin theres no need for def gear or even sods >.>
What?
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex
Why is there a need to limit any of it? Just leave stuff alone. Let people play how they want to play.. if u cant kill them easily then it should make it more of a challenge.. None of u are afraid of a challenge right? People who play support classes shouldnt be forced to only support and they shouldnt have to go restat in order to have the ability to fight back..
Ppls that say no to this clearly play wf, ep or myst u do realise that not that is hard but sometimes its impossible, and no it doesnt make it a challenge it makes it less fun and tbh if we go by ur logic why would sins and wiz not get to choose also, the restriction for them did make some changes and it did make sins and wiz not just easyer to kill but more enjoyable to fight, the point to requirement its simple u either go dd or suport this aint science its not that hard to understand there will be less gear clicking and more skill clicking...
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
Ppls that say no to this clearly play wf, ep or myst u do realise that not that is hard but sometimes its impossible, and no it doesnt make it a challenge it makes it less fun and tbh if we go by ur logic why would sins and wiz not get to choose also, the restriction for them did make some changes and it did make sins and wiz not just easyer to kill but more enjoyable to fight, the point to requirement its simple u either go dd or suport this aint science its not that hard to understand there will be less gear clicking and more skill clicking...
I am sick.. so forgive me if this comes out harsher than its meant to.. the root of the problem is due to people that script.. the problem isnt the average player in a 1v1.. its for the few that are tryhard ego driven pricks that resort to out side programs so that they can feel superior.. I dont think the cape should be taken from anyone.. others pushed for it thats why it was taken from sin and wizzy.. Everyone should be able to build their toon how they wish.. because at the end of the day the tryhards are always going to find a way to make themselves tankier and more powerful.. so until something is done about the scripting this problem with persist.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I am sick.. so forgive me if this comes out harsher than its meant to.. the root of the problem is due to people that script.. the problem isnt the average player in a 1v1.. its for the few that are tryhard ego driven pricks that resort to out side programs so that they can feel superior.. I dont think the cape should be taken from anyone.. others pushed for it thats why it was taken from sin and wizzy.. Everyone should be able to build their toon how they wish.. because at the end of the day the tryhards are always going to find a way to make themselves tankier and more powerful.. so until something is done about the scripting this problem with persist.
Everyone scripts. Anyone who is semi-relevant on this server will use macro's, and if they don't they're at a extreme disadvantage.
The only way to fix this issue is by disabling the use of scripts, which atm there is no way to efficiently do this.

Defense has to be limited for those who are the biggest abusers, which in fact are AA classes and Sins.

Most of the server scripting > Few who don't

The wants of the many outweigh the wants of the few.

Certain players have so much defense that they can effectively tank 10 players and manage to kill a few people in the process.. Why you think that this is "okay" is beyond me. Sin's, Veno's, and Wizards are the most notorious offenders considering they have the most advantageous stats/gears to benefit from Scripts.

You say "Let them build their toons how they want" .. It has nothing to do with builds. It has everything to do with armor. Let me repeat this for the 10th time..

A fully buffed assassin; with full defense camp on a script that can instantly swap into 3.33 int w/ GoF (0.1 seconds between swap)
Can effectively tank 10 people just by clicking "death chain" and taking 1-2K damage/hit. This sin is full dex, it has nothing to do with build, it has everything to do with gear.

If you don't believe me, look at AiZoX and Maxy, and Satisfya that have supreme-geared sin's w/ defensive stats that run around in mass PK without dying once. You could call that "skill", but honestly from my personal experience. It's more gear than anything.

My wizard has x2 RPD on each R8 piece, I use a dragon might ring, and a vit tome, with a 3 row defense weapon. I take around 500-600 damage a hit from physical classes, around 1-2k damage from magic classes..

Now in my attack set? I'm taking nearly 3-4k per hit in physical and 5-6k in magical.

600 damage compared to 3000-4000.. Hmm...

That's not even mentioning the veno's that can wear full defense sets, double might rings and be invincible from any physical damage.  It's completely okay when you're the veno, but for anyone else it's extremely broken. You all don't see the big picture, you see it through the eyes of your class- Put yourself in the shoes of the other person that is trying to kill you. I know that's a hard thing to grasp, but how would you feel if you were a sin that no matter how many times he x3 sparked, he'd never manage to kill the player.

All in all, defensive camp (something I had never experienced anywhere before Epic) is a game-changing mechanic that without a doubt dulls the enjoyment. Nobody wants to die, I get that, but there needs to be a limit to the defensive abilities in this game. They outweigh offensive ability by a longshot.
Last Edit: Oct 28, 2015, 09:48 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath