Epic Perfect World

Falling Petals as an AOE Buff

Offline ℳɪᴋᴀ

• ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ?
  • ғᴀʏᴇ ♥
  • Characters: sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ ᴍʏsᴛɪᴄ
  • Faction: ✦ᴛʏʀᴀɴᴛs✧/ ɪɴᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ
For anyone who doesn't know what Falling Petals is:

Speaking from a Mass PK perspective, Falling Petals really helps when in a bind, especially if I have no chi to throw out Gaia's blessing + Vital/Healing herb, or when Salvation has died. Popping off a Falling Petal buff on myself, squad's EP or anyone else in squad comes in handy because the cooldown for it is instant and so is the channel for it. I don't know if this has been suggested yet, and it might not get approved, but cheers for hoping? I don't see how this would effect anyone other than the increased survivability of a squad in Mass PK.

To make it fair and somewhat useful in Mass PK, maybe make the AOE buff cooldown 5 minutes long and reduce the healing effect* when attacked from 30% to 15%-20% instead? We still get to keep the single buff of course, since I'm basing this off the fundementals for how Mystic Skill Resurrect/Mass Resurrection works.

*Edited because my brain didn't work for .5 seconds
Last Edit: Oct 19, 2015, 09:06 pm by ℬᴇғᴜᴅᴅʟᴇ

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜᴜᴜᴜ/ʟᴜʟɪ
♥ ᴍɪᴋɪ ♥ ᴘᴜᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴘᴏᴘ ♥ ᴛʏʀᴀɴᴛs ɢ.ᴏ.ᴀ.ᴛ
ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ.ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴀʙsᴏᴜʟ.

Offline Miki

• ☽ Meekee ☾
  • still a box of music
  • Characters: Miki | Mela
+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111  :police:

Offline Kev

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aladdin Skane Shrowd IIIIIIIIII
  • Faction: Team69
i dont think this can be done since its a new skill all in itself lol

Offline ℳɪᴋᴀ

• ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ?
  • ғᴀʏᴇ ♥
i dont think this can be done since its a new skill all in itself lol
My friend told me that Falling Petals was able to be an AOE buff on Storm but the CD was 2 minutes instead of the 5 I suggested. If Agatio can lower the proc rate of certain add-ons on weapons and such, I'm sure he can figure out how to make a single buff an AOE buff. I have faith in our developer. :-[

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜᴜᴜᴜ/ʟᴜʟɪ

Opulence

Would be cool +1
But unsure it would be possible  
:'(

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
She woke me up to come here and +1 '-'

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
To make it fair and somewhat useful in Mass PK, maybe make the AOE buff cooldown 5 minutes long and reduce the damage reduction when attacked from 30% to 15%-20% instead?
Falling Petals doesn't reduce received damage, what the heck?
Also, your suggestion by making it 5min cooldown would be actually a huge nerf for this skill.

Offline ℳɪᴋᴀ

• ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ?
  • ғᴀʏᴇ ♥
Falling Petals doesn't reduce received damage, what the heck?
Also, your suggestion by making it 5min cooldown would be actually a huge nerf for this skill.
My brain farted. But still, Falling petals heals the person being attacked. I guess I'm asking you to make it as a new skill entirely? :-X 
It's a pain having to single buff 10 people all at once. So I'm just trying to make it fair so that if falling petals were to be an AOE buff it would still be helpful in a way, but not effect gameplay/seem overpowered.

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜᴜᴜᴜ/ʟᴜʟɪ

Offline Soulz

Mystics already have Conforting Mist & Gaia`s Blessing and that makes 1 more than the ep has.  Another aoe heal would make the class even more op and they were never intended to be a full support class. 

Offline ℳɪᴋᴀ

• ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ?
  • ғᴀʏᴇ ♥

Mystics already have Conforting Mist & Gaia`s Blessing and that makes 1 more than the ep has.  Another aoe heal would make the class even more op and they were never intended to be a full support class.
Falling petals is already one of the 3 useful Mystic heals that we have that is spammable. I don't see how it hurts to make it an AOE? Comforting Mist has a 6 second CD time, Vital/Healing Herb + Gaia's blessing only lasts 12 seconds because without Gaia's blessing its doesn't do much (This particular heal isn't spammable).
I understand that Mystics were never inteded to be full support, but I don't see how asking for it to be AOE buff while asking for the healing rate to be reduced + long CD time could have any significant effect or make them op. :(

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜᴜᴜᴜ/ʟᴜʟɪ

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
How about no, because no

Offline Soulz

Falling petals is already one of the 3 useful Mystic heals that we have that is spammable. 
It`s actually 1 of 4 

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
Falling petals is already one of the 3 useful Mystic heals that we have that is spammable.
exactly, its spammable, so asking it to be aoe is just being lazy imo, -1.

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
Am I right when I think you're trying to ask aga to make falling petals AOE at the cost of increasing the cooldown drastically?

That would be totally fvcked up in 1v1s. Falling petals is the only thing that keeps mystics alive. Increasing the cooldown to 5 minutes, of even 2, or 1, or even 30 seconds, would be rediculous from a 1v1 perspective. Sure, I suppose it's annoying to buff 10 people individually but then again, it's not really a buff. It's really a more convenient form of Ironheart Blessing that you can cast on your ally beforehand. It will sit there, wait for the ally to be attacked, and then start to heal. 
I understand why you suggested this and for mass pk alone it could work, but since there is more than mass pk this is a big no from me.

Something that MIGHT work is to introduce a primal version of falling petals making it this aoe heal, so that people could choose to get it. People who only mass pk can consider, the rest can just keep the normal version.
Actually when I think about it, I could +1 a new suggested like that.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
+1 Imo it would be helpful and no real reason not to besides "laziness"
9/10 mystics are support in mass, and they buff everyone anyway and it has a decent cooldown. Making it a pt buff is efficient especially if youre in mass pk and your pt is getting wiped. It doesnt heal for that much especially if youre vs factions that aa well. Mystic cds are long and plants dont heal for all that much. 

on tablet sorry if i fcked up words or w.e