Epic Perfect World

How to Play Perfect World direct from Mac El Capitan!

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
After a lot of searchs on the internet ive been able to make PW works in my Mac, works with El Capitan so its works anywhere.
What i did was download Wineskin app, use engine 1.7.52 version, wrapper version 2.6.1 and those Winetricks, microsoft C++ 2008, winxp, ddr=openGL, glubopeng Library and IE8.

I will upload my wrapper done soon, so u can just download it and copy to Users/You/Application/Wineskin/ , and then u gonna move your EPW folder to the skin and play.
 Link to download https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bzf7V9T8sJsiTU5Lb3JzZFdtb1U&usp=sharing

My config is nvidia geforce 9400m.

If someone could help here, that would be great for me and all mac users.

Under constrution.
Last Edit: Oct 20, 2015, 01:10 pm by Caique

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Arashiwf

• Moderated
  • [Protected from EPW Ban]
  • Pedro says he disbanded Tyrants, well I VAC banned his ACC *** OFF CUNT
  • Characters: Developer of hacks for EPW...also dev for EPW
playing a game on a mac lol
-

Offline Goldenwishes™

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Golden™
Your Wine version isn't compatible with OS X El Capitan's latest update. You either have to wait for Wine to create an update or you have to downgrade to play the game.
Quote from: Goldengate

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Your Wine version isn't compatible with OS X El Capitan's latest update. You either have to wait for Wine to create an update or you have to downgrade to play the game.
Well, i dont really believe this, i already have fine acess to the client, this must be .dll stuff, i will try a solution ty anyway.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Tested on Mavericks and still with the same issue, who would like to share some knowledge about? ?

Offline Goldenwishes™

• Forum Veteran
Tested on Mavericks and still with the same issue, who would like to share some knowledge about? ?
Which version of Wineskin are you using? Is it 1.7.9; If not download it from here.

From what I can see your computer isn't able to load models. This is either caused by;
1. Custom editions of files.
2. Files are either corrupted because of HDD failures.
3. Auto-patching failures.

To fix these you have to;
1. Use Safari to download EPW client from here.
2. Mac OS X comes bundled with its own extractors. Just double click the file and it should auto-extract.
3. Follow this guide for setting up EPW on your Mac.

I've a MacBook too but I don't like playing on it because the game is designed to be run on Windows. Its personal preference, but I set up EPW on my Mac before and it worked.
Last Edit: Oct 20, 2015, 07:11 am by Goldenwishes™

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Which version of Wineskin are you using? Is it 1.7.9; If not download it from here.

From what I can see your computer isn't able to load models. This is either caused by;
1. Custom editions of files.
2. Files are either corrupted because of HDD failures.
3. Auto-patching failures.

To fix these you have to;
1. Use Safari to download EPW client from here.
2. Mac OS X comes bundled with its own extractors. Just double click the file and it should auto-extract.
3. Follow this guide for setting up EPW on your Mac.

I've a MacBook too but I don't like playing on it because the game is designed to be run on Windows. Its personal preference, but I set up EPW on my Mac before and it worked.
Ty but didnt worked.
What worked from me on El Capitan was download IE8, Microsoft C++ 2008, ddr=opengl, glutopenGL Library, i will update this topic and upload my wrapper for others download.

Offline Goldenwishes™

• Forum Veteran
Ty but didnt worked.
What worked from me on El Capitan was download IE8, Microsoft C++ 2008, ddr=opengl, glutopenGL Library, i will update this topic and upload my wrapper for others download.
I'm very happy for you!

To be honest, there is no need for a guide since both OS X and Ubuntu are UNIX-based. You can just follow this guide, and you can download extra drivers for your Wineskin  (http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=14886.0).