Epic Perfect World

Hey

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
hey guys is anyone else experiencing really bad lag? i was getting 27k ping then plus

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
The server is "english" in the sense that people speak it. Just because a universal trade language is spoken, does not make it located in 'North America". Understand, Mexio is located in "North America", but that does not make our language Spanish. The server is located in France. Agatio, the developer of this server, is Polish (which leads me to believe he lives somewhere in Poland). The gm's here are mostly located in the United States, which is why they choose to enforce the "English only in WC" rule, as this server chooses to cater more to the english speaking community.

Multiple factors decide ping, not just the servers location. As i stated, i live in Ohio, located on the eastern side of the United States, and my ping to the server on average is around 300ms. Bandwidth usage is the primary cause of lagg, while the path your packets travel, is the second source of lagg. If your packets hop through 50 connections to speak to the server, and any of those connections are slow, you will lagg. It's simply based on your connectivity vs the worlds connectivity. This server could be located in your back yard, and you still lagg due to many other factors.

Way's to reduce lagg:

1. Close all torrents.
2. Disable social applictions (Skype, MSN, Yahoo messenger) as anything that requires you to upload a packet to a server, requires bandwidth.
3. Close other clients. If you have characters AFKing in town, you are still sending(uploading) and recieving(downloading) packets. This takes away from your bandwidth, resulting in lagg.
4. Secure your connection. If others are using your internet connection (regardless of if its wifi, or through a hamachi type application) you will lose potential bandwidth.

These things may ease a little pain in the lagg, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to your your connectivity to your isp, the route in which your connection travels to the server, and the servers connection to its ISP.

If someone can simplify what i wrote, i would really appreciate it x.x

MageTank

this pretty much should tell u why you are having lag :P

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
Yer I already did that and it wasn't me who lagging a few of my friend where lagging to and my pc is hardwired into the net and I live in England and its a really high broad band connection. xD and your sig is that from a game? and if so which game?

Offline Resolve

then sorry i cant help you more i have lag usually also and my sig is from the game final fantasy 7 crisis core :-\

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline daveydev

• Rawr! Ima kinky tiger
what console can I get that for? and now I can't log into game

Offline Resolve

its for the psp   8)