Epic Perfect World

Deamon/Sage Wizzard

Offline Hagal

• Moderated
  • Characters: Hagal
  • Faction: Tyrants
Y realy whant to try the sage wizz in pk and mass pk.But whant to know if its worth changing culti all skilz etc.

Offline DoubleOseven

• Characters: DoubleOseven
  • Faction: In Your Heart!
Well almost Wizard on game are Demon culti since it gives you channel speed, however there's more people are sage skill most of it has a higher channel speed, so it doesn't need 20% extra channel from demon skills, 

For me i am sage wizard and i love it, since i am -98% "Base" Channel speed its very easy to cast a skill, Sage wizard has more than higher damage than demon, Passive skills give more damage than demon passive skills, i can do 1 hit on Archer without Spark (Fire Combo skills), just only crit and normal skills, that's sage do for me,

but if your channel speed are slow + r8 attack weapon, it is a big problem if you go to sage culti you will be cast slow speed, well resulting boring gameplay..

i am suggesting to you that get a good channel set before trying sage culti on wizard, but still its up to you , you can try all on epw  :)

Offline Persas

• Do You Even Lift
  • Nobody Outworks Me
  • Characters: Aesthetic
  • Faction: Artifex
demon is only viable way for mage

sage has no CC
sage is less tanky
sage has no chan buff

the only thing sage has is a bit higher dmg but you can't reach insta cast with att lvl weapon as sage

also sage ulti's are nice. demons suck expect for mountain seize, wich is the AOE you should be using anyway

pm me ingame on Persas to pay me for these tips kkthxbye
Lol i fak you

Offline Hagal

• Moderated
  • Characters: Hagal
ye well sems that is not worth for mass pk the cc and the def to important

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA

Watch and decide

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Well almost Wizard on game are Demon culti since it gives you channel speed, however there's more people are sage skill most of it has a higher channel speed, so it doesn't need 20% extra channel from demon skills,

For me i am sage wizard and i love it, since i am -98% "Base" Channel speed its very easy to cast a skill, Sage wizard has more than higher damage than demon, Passive skills give more damage than demon passive skills, i can do 1 hit on Archer without Spark (Fire Combo skills), just only crit and normal skills, that's sage do for me,

but if your channel speed are slow + r8 attack weapon, it is a big problem if you go to sage culti you will be cast slow speed, well resulting boring gameplay..

i am suggesting to you that get a good channel set before trying sage culti on wizard, but still its up to you , you can try all on epw  :)
Those passives only give u 5% more dmg on elemental, this wont change anything on dmg, a better point to say abou sage wiz is the AoE seal, the rest the demon keeps advantage. So the only reason for u to be sage wiz its because u like the Blue Fairy around, like the one reason for someone be demon psy is because they like the Purple Fairy around and the only reason for someone go Sage BM is because they like Blue Fairy around.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Those passives only give u 5% more dmg on elemental, this wont change anything on dmg, a better point to say abou sage wiz is the AoE seal, the rest the demon keeps advantage. So the only reason for u to be sage wiz its because u like the Blue Fairy around, like the one reason for someone be demon psy is because they like the Purple Fairy around and the only reason for someone go Sage BM is because they like Blue Fairy around.
Black Ice Dragon Strike and 4s Frozen Flame? ? ? ?

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Black Ice Dragon Strike and 4s Frozen Flame? ? ? ?
Frozen Flame.
60% chance to stun for 3 seconds demon.
50% chance to stun for 4 seconds sage.
Dragon Strike
Gives 50% chance to increase critical rate in 30%
Demon useless.
Those skills are not spamable anyway, u wouldnt use Ice Dragon instead of BT in any situation, and this 1 second more stun with reduce of chance is just pointless as the demon version, so those skills arent really a point for choose Sage. The AoE seal would be a point, but the only, in my opinion.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline ChicaBomb

• fuck france
  • breadstick
when InTake gets ct buff

Offline Nimy

• Forum Veteran
Honestly its not just about skills at the end. You can start arguing about which are better and at the end on this server demon prolly got advantage. But the real difference is the playstyle. Ofc i dont mean when u are leading squad and getting pocket healed in outnumbered mass pks but when u for example go rpk alone or in small pks. Then sage wizard has a really really different playstyle, since u are forced into that cause of your defense. Its about what you feel comfortable with and if you accept relying on kiting instead of standing there healing urself with insta ct. As already said, u should have a minimal of ct on your gear to be able to keep up. Doesnt have to be insta but enough to kill some1 with it since all that extra damage ppl talk about depends literally on yours and your oponents gear. Cant really help you with the decision, if your gear not too good i would recommend to stay demon for now. Otherwise just try it out.
Also keep in mind 1v1s are prolly harder as sage ;).
Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015, 08:03 pm by Colorblind

Offline Kev

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aladdin Skane Shrowd IIIIIIIIII
  • Faction: Team69

Demon wizards are better in almost all aspects also I seem to remember that you have -2x chan on bracers which is extremely rare also ur 98 base with dragon glaive I suppose which is a huge hit to damage

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements

You're all forgetting the two most important aspects of a sage wizard. 

1: Sage wizard has chi for dais. Sage pyrogram, sage leap, 50% 1 spark on mountain. Leaving you more chances to use ice prison, 1/2 spark resists, and other ultis just because your chi regen is so good while mountain is on cooldown.

2: Sage is 100% more stylish, winning is not winning unless you do it fabulously.

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru

3% crit > 5% damage tho.
Dark MGs can easily hiero Archers in attack gear without spark as well. As a sage MG you have less control, less defence and less channeling. Holy MG is worse in everything but mass PK and it's more expensive to gear

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
3% crit > 5% damage tho.
Dark MGs can easily hiero Archers in attack gear without spark as well. As a sage MG you have less control, less defence and less channeling. Holy MG is worse in everything but mass PK and it's more expensive to gear
Sage hailstorm is still reliable enough to work, sage frozen stun lasts longer, sage can use blinding blaze and ice prison far more often than demon because of reliable chi regen and less chi useage (mountain, leap, ect.). I hear people often say that demons control is major superior to sage, but really the only thing they got is 20% stone rain. And while it is a very factor stun, for catching people in attack gear. Its timing is very unreliable, very lotto based playstyle.

--

Demon pros: Leap distance(close distance vs eas, more distance kited.) Slightly better % control (more reliable immobilizes, stone rain.) Better pdef. In my eyes, demon has noticably higher survivability, giving them longer to survive until stonerain lotto procs. Quaff for channel, allowing great channel in attack gear, and reasonably speedy heals while in defense gear. Slightly shorter fow cooldown.

----

Demon cons: The long term, the longer the other guy survives the more youre forced to struggle for quaff chi while hoping stone rain procs. The chi usage allows for less blinding blazes, prisons and ultis. Demons cannot afford such waste. Demons must wait for a good stonerain a lot of the time.

----

Sage pros: Chi for dais, leap, spam ultis, use blinding blaze, hell sometimes quaff just because you have too much chi. This also makes comebacks a lot easier than on demon, when a 1vs1 is 5 minutes in a sage will be sitting at a solid 2 sparks or more and still using mountains and blazes, a demon will have worn itself down with quaffs and mountains and will be simply trying to survive until rock procs. Sage bids, it may not seem factor and the skill itself usually isnt. But the crit you keep after the skill is absolutely punishing on an instant server. Sage can take the offensive initiative without worrying much about waste. Fabulous and stylish.

----

Sage cons: The pdef. The lack of quaff makes attack weapons situational compared to channel weapons. It also makes your heals slow enough to be intterupted while in defense gear. The survivability takes significantly more effort. Slightly longer fow cooldown also increases the pressure a sage recieves. With slightly less control % a sage is only viable once the player has mastered survivability.

My suggestion is to start demon, and if you are good, and looking for a change, THEN go sage.

Offline Rasu

• Forum Veteran
  • Winter Bear ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Characters: Kygo, Cosmic

You're all forgetting the two most important aspects of a sage wizard.

1: Sage wizard has chi for dais. Sage pyrogram, sage leap, 50% 1 spark on mountain. Leaving you more chances to use ice prison, 1/2 spark resists, and other ultis just because your chi regen is so good while mountain is on cooldown.

2: Sage is 100% more stylish, winning is not winning unless you do it fabulously.
Hi Mom, I'm on TV.