Epic Perfect World

Mentalista's Laboratory: Why you shouldnt invest in Magic Atk

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
Oh thank you for explaining things.. people.. already.. knew...

....Oh...

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

You're welcome.

heiro

oh god                                   
Thought it would worth my time since you spent time to do the experiment and video. But I had to tell you, honestly,  your analysis is nothing but bullshit. It shows that you don't know about statistics. I bet you did notice the 33k spike damage, but not sure why you have totally ignored it. The damage range showed in your character info might have a uniform distribution (in fact very likely considering how the program works), but it may not be true for the range of damage dealt on the target a.k.a the damage you will see in the log. 

Are you trying to say you can ignore the 33k just because it messes up your nice looking range? 

If that's the case, then you will never understand what makes GOF so op. Yes, GOF does mess up damage range a lot, in fact, all the time. By ignoring those outliers, you are throwing away valuable information about the value that GOF brings. I hope you don't get it wrong here, it is not about psy with GOF, or anything like that. 

Also, the 9% increase in damage will no longer be 9% after taking critical hits into account. Your analysis does not give a thorough picture about what is going on. You need to think of a way to quantify the impact of magic points, crit rate, and attack level on damage dealt. And be careful of the spike damages. You cannot ignore them.  

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Thought it would worth my time since you spent time to do the experiment and video. But I had to tell you, honestly,  your analysis is nothing but bullshit. It shows that you don't know about statistics. I bet you did notice the 33k spike damage, but not sure why you have totally ignored it. The damage range showed in your character info might have a uniform distribution (in fact very likely considering how the program works), but it may not be true for the range of damage dealt on the target a.k.a the damage you will see in the log.

Are you trying to say you can ignore the 33k just because it messes up your nice looking range?

If that's the case, then you will never understand what makes GOF so op. Yes, GOF does mess up damage range a lot, in fact, all the time. By ignoring those outliers, you are throwing away valuable information about the value that GOF brings. I hope you don't get it wrong here, it is not about psy with GOF, or anything like that.

Also, the 9% increase in damage will no longer be 9% after taking critical hits into account. Your analysis does not give a thorough picture about what is going on. You need to think of a way to quantify the impact of magic points, crit rate, and attack level on damage dealt. And be careful of the spike damages. You cannot ignore them.  
I really, really felt that someone would say this kind of lame on the 33k dmg. I suppose u didnt know that, 33472 was a critical hit and 33472 / 2 = 16736 (non critical hit, which is used on the calc as the highest dmg).

The rest u said are only fallacies.

My damage log collection NEW
I really, really felt that someone would say this kind of lame on the 33k dmg. I suppose u didnt know that, 33472 was a critical hit and 33472 / 2 = 16736 (non critical hit, which is used on the calc as the highest dmg).

The rest u said are only fallacies.
Wow...LMAO
Consider the following:
Below are 10 samples of damage
33220 (crit)
Notice there is only 1 crit damage (33220), the rest are non-crit damage.
Based on your calculation, the range would be:
8910 - 16610
so the average = (16610+8910)/2 = 12760 (ARE YOU SURE THIS IS WHAT YOU MEAN)
You obviously know nothing about the formula, I suggest you study and understand uniform distribution, before continue with this discussion.

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Wow...LMAO
Consider the following:
Below are 10 samples of damage
33220 (crit)
Notice there is only 1 crit damage (33220), the rest are non-crit damage.
Based on your calculation, the range would be:
8910 - 16610
so the average = (16610+8910)/2 = 12760 (ARE YOU SURE THIS IS WHAT YOU MEAN)
You obviously know nothing about the formula, I suggest you study and understand uniform distribution, before continue with this discussion.
Thats not as it show at the video, u are inventing, critical hit is luck based. I suggest u to stop with fallacies.
http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/statistics/average.php

Every bs math thread this guy has ever made involves him excluding any sort of test sample or example that doesn't support his claims.  If it doesn't go with what he is suggesting, he pretends not to see it.  Don't waste your time trying to argue with him.

Also god bless this gif.

Last Edit: Sept 28, 2015, 01:16 pm by Caique

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
i just suffered through this entire video... honestly its bs.. normally i find you rather amusing but youre really off base with this one.. i volunteer my psy which has 1148 magic to help u test so u realize exactly how much of a difference full magic makes.. IGN EViE..

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
i just suffered through this entire video... honestly its bs.. normally i find you rather amusing but youre really off base with this one.. i volunteer my psy which has 1148 magic to help u test so u realize exactly how much of a difference full magic makes.. IGN EViE..
On the video i already did this, but lets do now then, recording if truth hurts, i will be PMeing u.  :)
Last Edit: Sept 28, 2015, 01:44 pm by Caique

Offline Jaye

dude.. its 7:30 am i got shet to do.. i'll be on in 3 hours we can do it then

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
dude.. its 7:30 am i got shet to do.. i'll be on in 3 hours we can do it then
Stubborns... ;D

Offline Nooby

• Nid to git gut
  • Modder
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy
HOLY SHIT  :normal-19: :normal-16:  ? ? ? ?

Offline Jaye

I'm online now u can pm me

Bunnieh!!! Omgah!!! That siggy.. :normal-47:

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
I'm online now u can pm me

Bunnieh!!! Omgah!!! That siggy.. :normal-47:
Game name son?