Epic Perfect World

Too much def lvl in game

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Once again, here we are. Agatio said that he wouldn't make any more balance changes anytime soon, however, let me put in my two cents.

The reason that he won't make any more "major changes" is because of the amount of $$$ the "Elite" have poured into this game, don't believe me?

• Rings wont be restricted due to the value of +4 attack/def & other expensive variations
  • Donation genie won't be implemented due to "rare genies" that the higher end players have spent a lot of RL money on

I've come to that conclusion after witnessing high-amounts of these threads over the past year I've been here.

Agatio isn't going to do anything that will hurt the market, fair and simple. Capes were expendable since they are cheap (1.2K) and can easily be interchanged with their TM-counterpart which gives all but the +5 defense levels.

What would need to happen in order to balance this game would be to

• Remove RPD on AA armor sets, this along with the RPD on gear + defense levels makes them nearly unkillable in full defense camp
  • Restrict rings to their appropriate classes. The amount of defense that one might ring w/ defense levels on it gives an AA class is unbelievable.
  • Nerf genie spark so that wizards aren't the "Go To" class for magic DD. I understand wizard was meant to be a "nuke" class, however when you can camp full defense armor and still manage to hit 20-30K's on people after spark, I think that's a bit broken.
  • Give barbarian the same RMD R8 stat as blademaster

These 4 things alone would change this game into a game where defense camping isn't prevalent, and balance a few of the most broken features in-game.

This will never happen though. "Donations" are not donations, they are purchases, and at the end of the day this game is a business.

If people hadn't spent so much money on this game to get the insanely broken gear that they have, I guarantee you that all of this would have already been done.
restricting rings would help
destroying the point of support ep and support classes not rlly
i understand making them squishier, which phy ring removed would do, more would make them as easy to kill as EAs
barbarian in full r8 with 'switch' as people have tried tanks more than fine if he can get to kill the mg in combos or dding it, atm the problem is that barb cant kill arcanes due to their def camp be4  they get away which puts them as advantaged over wbs
no offense but barb, other than having squishier targets, doesnt need anything defence wise
rings should be restricted, yes, rest would be just overkill towards some classes.

Goldengate

with out i read dude but i wont be like u damn true nerd :D
His life is EpicPW that's probably why he talks about the game all the time :P

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran

You'd basically be forcing arcanes to run around in def gears 24/7.
Also why in seven hells would you remove rpd from AA armor but not rmd? And even add more def to barbs?

eternalagony23

l0l here we go again.  :normal-2: :normal-2:

Agaito must get tired of reading these same threads every week rofl 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
i understand making them squishier, which phy ring removed would do, more would make them as easy to kill as EAs
barbarian in full r8 with 'switch' as people have tried tanks more than fine if he can get to kill the mg in combos or dding it, atm the problem is that barb cant kill arcanes due to their def camp be4  they get away which puts them as advantaged over wbs
no offense but barb, other than having squishier targets, doesnt need anything defence wise
rings should be restricted, yes, rest would be just overkill towards some classes.
You'd basically be forcing arcanes to run around in def gears 24/7.
Also why in seven hells would you remove rpd from AA armor but not rmd? And even add more def to barbs?

Let me revise this:

After some thought, I'll agree with you on barb. It isn't barbarian's defense that's the issue, it's the defense of their opponent's that makes it unbalanced, anyways..

Remove RPD off of the magic DD classes. Support classes should be able to keep it for obvious reasons.

Rings need to be restricted (which won't happen)

Wizards, Venomancers, and Mystics have some of the most ridiculously high defensive capability in-game. They do not need RPD
R8 stat ontop of full defense camp, dragon might ring, full RPD armor's, and 3-4 row defense weapon.

My wizard has terrible stats, no RPD on its gear and only -3 channeling on each piece. I do however have a 3 row defense weapon, and use tome/might ring/dragon top and I can still easily tank a 3.33 sin or barb, etc.

The only class that I don't know how to feel about is Mystic. They're beyond broken in 1v1, and are labeled a support class- therefore they can take full advantage of this games defense camp. Cape, Ring, ect. They already can't crit with AS, however this proves to be obsolete due to the sheer amount of damage that can do in a short amount of time. Perhaps remove the 15% RPD from Mystics as well to offset their defensive capability?

I also believe that Veno's should have their dragon capes restricted as Wizards have. I don't know why in the world they're labeled as a Support class by this servers GM's, but they are most definitely one of the most versatile DD's in this game.

Don't tell me that you "Can't survive" as a Wizard or Veno without your defense gears, that's complete bull-crap. The issue is that nearly everyone is so dependent on their defense capability that they don't even need to learn the class their playing, remove the defense camp from this game and you'll be able to see a major difference between a good player, and a player that has abused a broken system to preform well.

Last Edit: Sept 24, 2015, 01:33 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

darkfe321

His life is EpicPW that's probably why he talks about the game all the time :P
And you spam useless shit just to get a forum title ROFL.

eternalagony23

And you spam useless shit just to get a forum title ROFL.
:normal-2: :normal-13: :normal-2: :normal-13: :normal-2:  :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: :normal-2: 

Offline Nooby

• Nid to git gut
  • Modder
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?
yes make psy more paper too much tank need nerf  :O

well i dont have def gear ex weapon but this seems like it would nerf psy indirectly...maybe some day i do wanna run around in full rpd gear and white voodo and be a "support" psy ha...what then...i cant thats what

im for the rings to be restricted but if that wont happen then why keep bching about it

other stuff is..naah...ex genie spark i dont care what happens to that

Goldengate

Let me revise this:

After some thought, I'll agree with you on barb. It isn't barbarian's defense that's the issue, it's the defense of their opponent's that make it unbalanced, anyways..

Remove RPD off of the magic DD classes. Support classes should be able to keep it for obvious reasons.

Rings need to be restricted (which won't happen)

Wizards, Venomancers, and Mystics have some of the most ridiculously high defensive capability in-game. They do not need RPD
R8 stat ontop of full defense camp, dragon might ring, full RPD armor's, and 3-4 row defense weapon.

My wizard has terrible stats, no RPD on its gear and only -3 channeling on each piece. I do however have a 3 row defense weapon, and use tome/might ring/dragon top and I can still easily tank a 3.33 sin or barb, etc.

Don't tell me that you "Can't survive" as a Wizard or Veno without your defense gears, that's complete bull-crap. The issue is that nearly everyone is so dependent on their defense capability that they don't even need to learn the class their playing, remove the defense camp from this game and you'll be able to see a major difference between a good player, and a player that has abused a broken system to preform well.
EpicPW is wholly based on luck to get end-game gears. Gears won't be nerfed because you can't kill a particular class doesn't mean you have to be offensive towards it.

Please all do us a favour and start playing as an EP.

Offline Praelium

• Forum Veteran
restrict rings :police:

^ Lol this is all they gotta do. +1

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex
1+ on ring restriction and i personally also think wfs shuldnt be able to use def capes, or at least make the cape requirement 700-750 vit, just something to look into
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.

heiro

rofl, i agree! and +1 to Domgrath nerf genie spark, that sht's broken

Offline Royal

• S❤
  • retired drawer / Nea was here❤ / Mana was here too xoxo ❤
  • Faction: Codex mercenary
barbarian in full r8 with 'switch' as people have tried tanks more than fine if he can get to kill the mg in combos or dding it, atm the problem is that barb cant kill arcanes due to their def camp be4  they get away which puts them as advantaged over wbs
+1 ^-^ :-*
Nea: this is proof of my power abuse mwahaha
proof of how noob u are

Offline Sokien

• Faction: 0fk
Just remove atk/def lvls all together and go back to Dragon gear.   :-X

Goldengate

Just remove atk/def lvls all together and go back to Dragon gear.   :-X
Domgrath would start complaining about gears again and create thousands of threads about nerfing dragon gears. He would probably say "Arcanes have too much channel" "Arcanes walk too fast"...