Epic Perfect World

What shall I gear up ?

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

Heavy armored veno

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Nobody in this thread has an ounce of knowledge of what they're talking about.

Between Mystic and Veno - My Professional Analysis*

Mystic :
  • Support Class
  • Very few DD skills
  • Reliant on one combo only in PK
  • Requires extreme defense camping to exceed
  • You won't be good without gear scripting

Venomancer:
  • Versatile DD / CC class
  • Many DD skills that can be used in various combinations
  • Highest amount of player-immunities in game
  • Doesn't require defense camping to win
  • Has a pet that can either deal massive damage (depending on target) and has 2-3 stunning skills
  • Has the most deadly CC skill in-game (Parasitic Nova)
  • Has one of the highest PDEF in-game for AA class
  • Demon ironwood has 0% defense proc chance which will make them 1-shot against a pet or Arcane Antiquity

Honestly, demon veno is considered one of the most broken/OP classes in-game. Mystic is heavily, heavily gear reliant. The "top" mystics in game have ridiculously high defenses and have the top-gear for their class.

Venomancer may need channeling gear to be able to compete at upper levels, however in mass PK/RPK/1v1 they fair very well once the class is learned. You'll be attacking more than trying to camp defense as apposed to mystic that requires CONSTANT self-buffing in order to not die instantly.

Does this mean that mystic isn't broken itself? No. Mystic is one of the best classes in 1v1 on EPW. However, it requires a lot of resources (more than 30K most likely) in order to be top-notch, and requires a lot of gameplay in order to master.

If you want to have more fun, be more useful, and excel in area's other than 1v1- Play Veno.

Not to mention that veno also has bramble-hood which gives them practically a barb's "invoke" status for 12 seconds.

Offline soyi

• suck
  • Characters: soyi & soyu
I stopped here.
You never even played a demon wf/mystic and you say that no-one has knowledge about a class they possibly played?
(btw ily no hate)

Offline ๖ۣۜBlis

• - Amy
  • *Ansh was here* ✿Sabibi was here, so was Prze 🌞
  • Characters: Sin | Blis | Thea
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Most people in this thread by far are telling you what class you should choose but they aren't explaining why, except for Domgrath.
His "professional analysis" isn't completely wrong but his main is barbarian. My main is venomancer but I'm nowhere near OP and I blame my life for that.

You specified your options to be demon veno or Mystic, but you did not specify whether it's sage or demon mystic. I'm guessing you're already fully familiar with the differences between sage and demon venos?
Your choice depends on your play-style, not a forum vote.

I am currently demon veno, I had switched sage veno once and I tried it for a month, the only thing I liked from sage veno was the sage nova, you had a chance to use 1 spark instead of 2 and as a sage veno you get chi easier than demon, demon chi skill is mainly on luck whether the skill feels like giving you a spark or not.  I also enjoyed to be able to purge the world at once, but the cooldown was eternal and it was never ready when my friends needed it.
I changed back to demon venomancer because I couldn't live without the demon fox form speed, if you're a veno then you will get targeted about as much as an EP because people hate getting purged, especially EA's. Plus, I kept using summer sprint as a sage thinking it would give me immunity to stuns when it didn't.

People keep saying you "need" gear scripting to win, but that's only if you're a slow clicker or have a laggy internet, so it's not a fact.
Like Domgrath said above, in which he does has a lot of decent pointers for you to consider, but venomancer's "defense camping" as a demon is kiting. Fox form will be your best friend, and players who are demon venos and don't kite all the way to china should change to sage.

The venomancer's pets will not be tanky and they will not hit hard. You have to build them that way, you have to evolve them, reshape their stats and skills, buy them skills depending on what build you want them to be. Most successful venos add physical and magic defense buffs, a passive reduced dmg taken from players skill, stun skill and a range skill to their pets, which is important for the air pets since they're always getting stuck in invisible walls you can't quite explain.

I find venos much more fun than a mystic (which I tried and is not that hard to learn), I didn't enjoy mystic much because I don't like the click click boom type of thing. I like running around and annoying people with debuffs and bewitch, taking the buffs they worked so hard for and just running away, I don't care about getting kills.

Just think about what you'd like to do in PvP, not only 1v1 because that is not all you will do with your character, venos are a tad more work because of their pets but it's worth it. I can't say anything about mystics because i'm not experienced with them, but you should try both of them, get them geared up 'till dragon gear and 1v1 people with dragon also, see which one you'd enjoy more based off their skills availability + your game play.
Last Edit: Sept 20, 2015, 02:45 pm by Siη

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I stopped here.
You never even played a demon wf/mystic and you say that no-one has knowledge about a class they possibly played?
(btw ily no hate)
I have a fully geared demon WF and a fully geared sage Mystic.
:rolleyes:

Offline soyi

• suck
  • Characters: soyi & soyu
I have a fully geared demon WF and a fully geared sage Mystic.
:rolleyes:
Yes,a sage mystic not demon
And did you ever play that wf in 1v1,10v10,masspk,rpk,etc?

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi

Excuse me while I elaborate:

Between Mystic and Veno - My Professional Analysis*

Half of these people who have commented have either played both or have one as their main.

Mystic :
  • Support Class
  • Very few DD skills
  • Reliant on one combo only in PK
  • Requires extreme defense camping to exceed
  • You won't be good without gear scripting

Not true at all. Nobody needs scripting to be good. Scripting hasn't and wasn't even a thing until recently.

They are both a Support and a DD class. Deals massive amounts of damage but is capable of CC and healing a purifying. You wanna see a good example? Go watch people like AiZoX, Frizzle, and Woda play their Mystics.

• Doesn't require defense camping to win

This is also not true at all. Veno does require using defense gears. Especially when fighting APS classes. Have you tried surviving an 3.33 GoF Sin or a DPH sin without defense gears? You'll ***ing die.

• Has the most deadly CC skill in-game (Parasitic Nova)

Obviously you haven't played Mystic much to know that they have a thing called Thicket which is like Parasitic Nova.

• Highest amount of player-immunities in game

Uh, last time I checked Venos have one immunity skill which is Feral Concentration that has a fairly long CD and requires Sparks aside from Iron Guards/Sutras and Genie skills. Bramble Hood and Blazing aren't immunity skills, they're only reflect and reduce physical damage taken for only a few seconds. Mystics have one too which is a 79 skill that lasts 8 seconds.

Honestly, demon veno is considered one of the most broken/OP classes in-game. Mystic is heavily, heavily gear reliant. The "top" mystics in game have ridiculously high defenses and have the top-gear for their class.

Also not true. There are many classes and things that can counter Venos easily. Take an Assassin for an example. Both Mystic and Veno are gear reliant.

Venomancer may need channeling gear to be able to compete at upper levels, however in mass PK/RPK/1v1 they fair very well once the class is learned. You'll be attacking more than trying to camp defense as apposed to mystic that requires CONSTANT self-buffing in order to not die instantly.

Like I said, both require some sort of defense camping. Venos are a big target aside from EPs in Mass PK and are focused on pretty heavily due to the fact they have so many CC skills (purge, chi drain, bewitch, nova) Most of the time I find myself (and I'm sure other Venos do as well) CCing more than attacking when it comes to PK.

Does this mean that mystic isn't broken itself? No. Mystic is one of the best classes in 1v1 on EPW. However, it requires a lot of resources (more than 30K most likely) in order to be top-notch, and requires a lot of gameplay in order to master.

Didn't you just say Veno was the most broken?  :-\  Are you forgetting Mystics have Absorb Soul which eats through defense levels, a skill that decreases HP, Pets and herbs that give mystics additional bonuses and immunities when using Energy Leech, Herbs that CC, Spammable heals which also have a purify, the only class that has a knockback skill that works in PvP, a skill that is basically a stealth pot, Rapid Growth which increases your channeling and weapon damage.. I can go on honestly, lol.

Both Mystic and Veno require a bit of resources. It all depends on your luck with rerolling your rank 8. In all honesty, I think gearing a Veno is more expensive than gearing a Mystic. Mystic Pets are free and don't require spending extra on Feral Souls reshaping it's inherited stats and rolling for Moods.  Also Event Tokens take time to farm or cost EC if you choose to buy them in order to get the decent pets.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
If you can't have a civilized discussion, I'll just close the thread.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline C

• ☾⋆
If you can't have a civilized discussion, I'll just close the thread.

I tried to have a civilized conversation, I'm sorry people are so angry over my elaboration on Venos and Mystics.  :'(

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
I tried to have a civilized conversation, I'm sorry people are so angry over my elaboration on Venos and Mystics.  :'(
You are very civilised to attack Domgrath during your 'elaboration'. 

Offline MinYoon-Gi

• ex nihilo, nihil fit.
Damn, get over it, not like Domgrath is the nicest person on this server and never attacks anyone on a thread.

Offline Frost

• MPWGA
  • Characters: Frost
  • Faction: Wandering
Demon Veno for mass and Mystic for 1v1
"My honor is my loyalty

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
You are very civilised to attack Domgrath during your 'elaboration'.
There, I fixed her post.
Now get over it.
Mkay? Mkay.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline C

• ☾⋆
There, I fixed her post.
Now get over it.
Mkay? Mkay.

:normal-4: :normal-4: :normal-4: