Epic Perfect World

Territory War Practice Instance

Offline RaiKeiji

I would like to suggest a TW practice instance to help factions who are trying to get their people ready for TW. This way factions can show exactly what their people are supposed to do (because if people see that a TW is "wined" or if it's vs mobs they will rush to the other base and will not follow any directions (maybe due to an adrenalin rush or w/e :P ). It would help the "weaker" factions lots to get some practice in for big TWs before they even happen, because we can't all work under pressure :P

Thanks for reading!   ^-^

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
as far i know u can already ask gms to let factions use tw grounds for practice

LillySatou

^
Has been a thing for a year if memory serves me correctly.

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
This. All you need to do is ask an online GM. :) 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline ArosFox

• Leader of ☆Asylum
  • Lost in the space between my ears
  • Characters: ArosFox
  • Faction: ☆Asylum
but from what i understand the practice field doesnt have the option for us to build towers and practice cata placement for optimal damage output

Offline Tonika

• Retired Staff Member
  • ;)
  • 凸(¬‿¬)凸
but from what i understand the practice field doesnt have the option for us to build towers and practice cata placement for optimal damage output
True, it doesn't. :/ 
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Offline RaiKeiji

...I'm sorry... I should've been more specific... An instance with stuff we can hit and which won't die that easily (to practice AA on) and with (maybe random) towers that are already built on the other base and (maybe a bit cheaper) options to build towers on your own side. Don't even need the option to choose between a normal TW and a big city TW :P Would just be nice to have a more "real" TW instance where we could practice :)

KittYRagE

if u want real tw practice, u have lots of random factions on map that u can bid on them and practice  ;D

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
if u want real tw practice, u have lots of random factions on map that u can bid on them and practice  ;D
He actually has a point, the map reset not too long ago, there are still plenty of smaller factions on the map atm. Bidding on one will be by far the best practice you can get. There's no shame in loosing. Just try it and have some fun :)

Offline RaiKeiji

He actually has a point, the map reset not too long ago, there are still plenty of smaller factions on the map atm. Bidding on one will be by far the best practice you can get. There's no shame in loosing. Just try it and have some fun :)
What if i told u... We can't afford doing that cuz we keep getting attacked by some annoying faction? :( Not gonna call any names but... yeah... I would like to do some practice runs with the faction cuz we have lots of new recruits :P

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
What if i told u... We can't afford doing that cuz we keep getting attacked by some annoying faction? :( Not gonna call any names but... yeah... I would like to do some practice runs with the faction cuz we have lots of new recruits :P
The empty map should be good enough if you just wanna teach them some basics, go in with them, show them around, give them the basic idea, tell them what i different when there actually is a tw, once you done that split your faction into two teams, ask the one team to wear red fashion, the other team to wear blue and have them pretend they are fighting eachother.

Ofc i understand its not the same but if you do that to give them the rough idea that + the practice they get against some "annoying faction" should pretty much do the trick. Learning by doing, we all did it.

I'm not saying this because i don't support your idea but because if my memory doesn't fail me it's just not possible to have a training tw the way you would like it.

Offline KeeKee

• ☾☾❀☽☽
  • Characters: KeeKee
+1
however even tho the practice map will not have the towers in it a leader could show the members in their faction 
the outskirts of the TW  map.....that right there is more then just lane A , lane B , lane C  Aka lanes 1,2,3,
so many factions push center lane like it's only way to go but there is more then just 1 lane in Tw.
like the far area's that are away from lanes that factions could push , be un-seen til their catas are on the other sides towers before every being noticed^^ also do not tell your faction mates to walk the lanes an nothing else. show them how to kite to the left , right of the lanes anyone can walk a wined Tw map. after all if your going use it for practice leaders should show more then just 1 or 2 strategies of how they would run the tw . 

P.s 
Telling people to push center lane when it is a wined practice Tw map is not a strategy.............................. 

rockythequestion

+1
however even tho the practice map will not have the towers in it a leader could show the members in their faction
the outskirts of the TW  map.....that right there is more then just lane A , lane B , lane C  Aka lanes 1,2,3,
so many factions push center lane like it's only way to go but there is more then just 1 lane in Tw.
like the far area's that are away from lanes that factions could push , be un-seen til their catas are on the other sides towers before every being noticed^^ also do not tell your faction mates to walk the lanes an nothing else. show them how to kite to the left , right of the lanes anyone can walk a wined Tw map. after all if your going use it for practice leaders should show more then just 1 or 2 strategies of how they would run the tw .

P.s
Telling people to push center lane when it is a wined practice Tw map is not a strategy..............................

I fully agree with you! +1

Last Edit: Sept 08, 2015, 11:31 am by Kasing

Offline Phoebs

• Characters: PhoebeBuffay - Stones
  • Faction: Overseers
Giving the members of a faction a chance to go inside a TW map and allow them to take on different sides or teams, giving them also different spawn points, would be awesome! They could fight against each other and practice many, many tactics and strategies.
But knowing you can ask a gm to use the TW instance is already kinda neat. I guess it would just be an amazing guild resource, to have its members practice TWs the most realistic or challenging way possible, with different teams, spawn points, and all the other characteristics of a TW.
One more like this could be the end.
They say they told us all along,
but we were busy getting laid.