Epic Perfect World

Poll

Would you like to see how many people are online in game?

Yes
35 (83.3%)
No
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

We should show how many are online in game, not only forums.

Offline Sweetie

I think we should have this information shown to the public, i know we have it for the forums itself but id like to know the amount of people playing in the server at ant time to check activeness. In perfect world Vendetta they had this and it would help tell how active the server is like if there were 200-900 online ext.
Last Edit: Oct 21, 2012, 01:16 pm by Sweetie

Offline Devinate

• Old Member
There would be absolutely no point in us being able to see how many are online, that information would only be useful for GMs.
Devinate - 150 demon Assassin
seekies - 150 sage Seeker

Offline Ste_

There would be absolutely no point in us being able to see how many are online, that information would only be useful for GMs.

Well, it could be helpful for new players. See how popular the server actually is via amount of players online. Could be a good idea. Lets wait and see what Agatio thinks :)

Offline Sweetie

When joining a server they could compare it to other servers not only that, but judging on how many factions are in the server you can tell weather your faction is healthy or not compared to how healthy the server is itself. And yes for new players this would be important. Its easy to do and it is helpful

Offline Devinate

• Old Member
When joining a server they could compare it to other servers not only that, but judging on how many factions are in the server you can tell weather your faction is healthy or not compared to how healthy the server is itself. And yes for new players this would be important. Its easy to do and it is helpful
If it was that important of a need, the GM's could just post an online counter on the forum main page, or the new players could just determine how active people are by looking at world chat for 5 seconds.. As they already seem to do.
Devinate - 150 demon Assassin
seekies - 150 sage Seeker

Offline Ste_

If it was that important of a need, the GM's could just post an online counter on the forum main page, or the new players could just determine how active people are by looking at world chat for 5 seconds.. As they already seem to do.

Some of them dont get that far. Cause they dont know how active the server is. I myself used to go by how active the server was (when I played Dekaron p-servers)

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
well, by new, player, i think they are referring to new comers before they even finish/start downloading the game..

they can see how active the server is, an choose whether to download the game or not..

but then again.. this could also work against us,, what if at a particular time, a different server hosts more players than we do .. or someone prefers the number of players on a different server than ours.. they might change their mind from joining EPW. soo idk.. could work both ways..   

in that case,, maybe leaving it as a mystery and let people check us out them self might just continue to work..
or not.. idk.. lol. just a thought.

and as for wc ...

only takes 2 ppl to fill up wc... with " PRAISE THE LORD !!" & " FLIPS A TABLE"

world chat dsn't really show any sort of activity.. as its usually just filled with bored ppl causing drama or sharing their e-sex talk.. :/
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Sweetie

Idk, i just liked having this in my past server. i like seeing how the server grows in activity and stuffs.

Offline CookieMonstarr

• Cookie Crook
  • The Cookie Crook
I look at how many players are on a game before I bother to download it. I don't want to waste time only to find a dead server. An online counter is both a good and bad thing though. One, it shows how many people are on. And two, it shows how few people are on. Assuming we have enough to be considered as fairly decent server, I'd say take a chance on it.
I'mma Cookie Monstarr

Offline Sweetie

Idk, i think its a good idea. The pole shows it too.

Offline Sweetie

Ig this won't happen even tho the poll shows that people think its a good idea.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
There is a lot of reasons why we want it to be for our knowledge only, that's why it cannot be done.

Offline Far

• Sneaky
  • Light Speed
  • Characters: Far
i agree with aga that should only show to gm's i cant say why cause im 2 lazy to type it atm :P

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
i agree with aga that should only show to gm's i cant say why cause im 2 lazy to type it atm :P

Personally i"ve seen it comming the 2nd time,so better search for the Last Post that was made with the same topic ;) ;)

Aga gave manyyyyyyy reasons there xDDD

Offline NightKiss

• Beginner
  • Let us dance to your death
If anything "Online player status" would be better suited for a website for new players to see how active the player base is but that being said a lot of people join and quit based on the "Online player status" numbers could be high 1 minute and dead the next so a lot of people opt not to show how active there player base is so people download and try the game regardless and judge the game for itself and not how busy the traffic is.

Regards

Night
Sin - Vindictive - Active Main
Bm - NightKiss - Active Secondary